[Cheat Alert] Wyvern in the Island!

Crows

Yes this is completely allowed. Belive it or not wyverns aren't as powerful as you think. Took 3 high lvl lightning wyverns and about 45 mins to kill a lvl 5 wild giga on our official server. Also, PvP wise, they are scrubby for anything as they DO take the 6x damage for being flyers and a few turents will wreck them in a heart beat. We couldn't even get a alpha wyvern close to our base before it died of turents 2 miles away lol.

And in response to you "why", why not? They can only be raised not tamed so that person put in alot of work for what, just to have it sit in another map while everyone else can trade any other Dino? They made it clear when they realised cross ark that it was their goal for people to be able to move freely from ark to ark and meet new people and have new experiences. Kinda hard to do if you limit things to one ark. A good counter tho, if you or said alpha tribe are worried, get rock golems.... Rock golems pick the crud from between thier teeth with the bones of wyverns... 

11 hours ago, Crows said:

Yeah but WHY is that allowed then? that's the main question here. Two different maps, yet a Wyvern is allowed to be transferred to The Island?

The main question was is he a cheater? Not why is it allowed... Lol if the question was why is it allowed you wouldn't have to ask if he was cheating. Actually looking in any posts before posting could have given you ur answer to both questions... 

11 hours ago, Crows said:

Is this guy a cheater or not? he's just brought a Wyvern into the Island map, he has about 5 of them and now the alpha tribe are threatening to wipe them for bringing them here after one of them attacked. Why the hell is this allowed? they claim that it's not cheating and they could trade them from map to map?

Thank you for this useless post :)

13 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Yes this is completely allowed. Belive it or not wyverns aren't as powerful as you think. Took 3 high lvl lightning wyverns and about 45 mins to kill a lvl 5 wild giga on our official server. Also, PvP wise, they are scrubby for anything as they DO take the 6x damage for being flyers and a few turents will wreck them in a heart beat. We couldn't even get a alpha wyvern close to our base before it died of turents 2 miles away lol.

Uh...what is your definition of high level?  3 of our wyverns eat through Titanosaurs and wild gigas.  If we were being lazy, it would take about 10 minutes maximum to kill a titan. 

I solo Titan's and Giga's pretty easily in the lightning (185 birth, almost max level) but the wyvern's are definitely balanced.

They are squishy, no saddle means no armor, without an imprint you might as well ride a ptera. Their damage is meh at best, for a stationary slow moving target, yea a lightning will chew it up, I don't usually see too many of those in a battle though unless someone is an idiot or disconnects. Fire sucks totally as you have to be right next to the target to hit it. Poison is your siege weapon launching death bombs from a long distance, but its highly inaccurate.

A good ptera rider can pick a wyvern in a 1v1 situation pretty easily, most wyvern riders are hit n run battle styles, so they don't get picked and they don't get sniped.

2 hours ago, bulldog1986 said:

I solo Titan's and Giga's pretty easily in the lightning (185 birth, almost max level) but the wyvern's are definitely balanced.

They are squishy, no saddle means no armor, without an imprint you might as well ride a ptera. Their damage is meh at best, for a stationary slow moving target, yea a lightning will chew it up, I don't usually see too many of those in a battle though unless someone is an idiot or disconnects. Fire sucks totally as you have to be right next to the target to hit it. Poison is your siege weapon launching death bombs from a long distance, but its highly inaccurate.

A good ptera rider can pick a wyvern in a 1v1 situation pretty easily, most wyvern riders are hit n run battle styles, so they don't get picked and they don't get sniped.

I've had people try to pick me with a ptera while on my wyvern, and as long as you aren't completely worthless as a pilot, you should never get picked.  It's like the SR71 of tames- if someone is trying to pick me, I just turn around and sprint.  Not a chance their ptera can catch me.

I do agree that wyverns seem well-balanced, and they definitely lack in usefulness against well-defended bases, but in terms of tame vs. tame combat, they're not as bad as you set them up to be.  Any air tame against another is always a mess. 

9 minutes ago, CTMalum said:

I've had people try to pick me with a ptera while on my wyvern, and as long as you aren't completely worthless as a pilot, you should never get picked.  It's like the SR71 of tames- if someone is trying to pick me, I just turn around and sprint.  Not a chance their ptera can catch me.

I do agree that wyverns seem well-balanced, and they definitely lack in usefulness against well-defended bases, but in terms of tame vs. tame combat, they're not as bad as you set them up to be.  Any air tame against another is always a mess. 

DPS a Wyvern wins against pretty much all, and I agree, a good wyvern rider will run from a ptera in most situations and be able to outdistance them easily, however, I was referring to the people who think they can dogfight a ptera and win on a wyvern. Its possible, but the odds are stacked against you, maneuverability is key in a dogfight and unfortunately as we all know, wyvern's turn like a freakin bus..

Just now, bulldog1986 said:

DPS a Wyvern wins against pretty much all, and I agree, a good wyvern rider will run from a ptera in most situations and be able to outdistance them easily, however, I was referring to the people who think they can dogfight a ptera and win on a wyvern. Its possible, but the odds are stacked against you, maneuverability is key in a dogfight and unfortunately as we all know, wyvern's turn like a freakin bus..

They do.  I guess the best defense would be assuming the battle ptera would have low weight and loading yourself up before you get into a fight.

22 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Also they can be killed with a medium quality longneck and a few rounds since they do not have armor points. 

Archived