Ark Is Garbage, Do NOT buy it

AlphaPreacher

Guest BubbaCrawfish
44 minutes ago, vargata said:

what you state here is complete ignorance and that means you have serious issues, thats not namecalling, thats stating facts...

You're the one with the problem with a game you bought knowing it wasn't complete.

You can trade on steam, it's not that hard to find you a "more complete" game, that's more to your "capability", for 5 bucks...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wildcard doesn't encourage people to report bugs when highly bothersome and annoying bugs are not fixed after a year or more by them. For example, disappearing dinosaurs, allosaurus spawning inside the base, oviraptors clipping through walls if they're set on wander constatly and many others. I reported a few bugs and after 8 months none of them were fixed. People do not have a feeling their reports matters at all, so I'm not suprised they don't bother reporting them, Wildcard won't fix them in reasonable time anyway. I'd love to see their faces when they added everything they wanted in game and then realise how huge task is in front of them. Bug fixing 1,5 years old bugs, which fixing would effect every aspect of this game. At that time not fixing bugs regurarly in the past will requite hard.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Wildcard doesn't encourage people to report bugs when highly bothersome and annoying bugs are not fixed after a year or more by them. For example, disappearing dinosaurs, allosaurus spawning inside the base, oviraptors clipping through walls if they're set on wander constatly and many others. I reported a few bugs and after 8 months none of them were fixed. People do not have a feeling their reports matters at all, so I'm not suprised they don't bother reporting them, Wildcard won't fix them in reasonable time anyway. I'd love to see their faces when they added everything they wanted in game and then realise how huge task is in front of them. Bug fixing 1,5 years old bugs, which fixing would effect every aspect of this game. At that time not fixing bugs regurarly in the past will requite hard.

This guy had success, so you have to wonder why you guys aren't...

Well, this guy succeed, because he got attention from other players and it would be quite embarassing for Wildcard to not fix it. That was the only reason why it was fixed at all. Still it took 31 days to have them notice it and fix it. I don't have time or I don't feel like to bump the thread everyday. 

There are lots of small bugs which would take them no time to fix it. Have you noticed that glass windows are bugged? You can see a mirror of its frame that moves depedning on from which side you look at it. It appeared at 1st anniversary of ARK and I got reply from Customer Support that it would be quite easy to fix and should have been done in next patch. Guess what? It's still here.

@vargata

Or simply put they have different coding methods than you do, to which everyone has.  As you said they are artistic, and coding is a sort of art.  No one and I mean no one will do things the same.  I know this as I do have several people I know who deal with coding and have actually asked them since you feel the need to keep going on in this thread just to see what their thoughts were on it.

As for the Nitrado part, we have no idea what the contract states, etc.   While you could be right, there could also be a clause in there somewhere between the two preventing them from doing that.  We just have no idea.   And since the gaming industry just like any business (good or bad however you want to think) is all about money.  To which if Nitrado is giving them the cheapest price, then we know who they are going to go with regardless of the issues that arise.  

On 1/11/2017 at 8:22 PM, AkiraMysticMoon said:

Welcome to the game I'm sure you might not know this but if you went to any other game like so that live 24/7 access and people wanting to control something they will do it on any game out there. Sorry to burst your bubble of ever enjoying to the fullest but you will have those people.

TBH you sound like one of those players who try control their server so your server becomes dead and inactive. I know couple alphas and friends with them but difference is they protect server instead of trying control it, they kill sad kids who get pleasure in destroying others work or killing naked men on beach.

9 hours ago, vargata said:

how exactly? how could i work on them if i dont play them? :) being funny? lol fallout4 didnt have a single major bug on release, fallout3 had some bad ones but again nothing major, skyrim had only ugly glitches but nothing ever broke, falloutnv was perfect out of box for me, oblivion had bad bugs but been fixed in a few days from release, i dont remember morrowind having anything though it was a long long time ago. and i have all of them from day one except fallout that i had a day before release so...

show me where any steam microsoft or sony advertisement state that the game might not functioning? or even wc? nowhere. again early access =/= not working, early access means it has not yet been finished but as its sold for a commercial price, what is released, it has to work.
it should be like:

-base game done, get it fixed, release. there are showstopping bugs, quick fix

-new feature developed, get it fixed, release, new showstopping bugs, quick fix

-again a new feature developed, get it fixed, release, new show stopping bugs, quick fix

etc etc etc

nobody expect it to be perfect but what is in ark makes it generally unplayable and thats against any customer protection laws (and any common sense and morality). no matter in what state you release what you once release has to be fit for purpose and ark isnt.

You're intentionally ignoring massive issues with those games, then. I can't help if you're going to be willfully ignorant of that, but I think most other people will attest that any Bethesda game usually has some massive issues on release. There's a reason that the community generates the Unofficial Patches, and a lot of it has to do with unaddressed bugs, glitches, and crashes that occur in the game. As a modder, I'm sure you'd understand that.

When you load up the game, Wildcard puts in a message on the title screen that explicitly states, and I quote, "Pre-Release Software. ARK is in a pre-release stage of development. This means that some parts of the game might not function as expected (and might not function at all). The game might even crash..." On the Microsoft store and on the Steam store, both include an explicit warning that the game is unfinished and that players uncomfortable with unfinished products should not buy, and they refer potential buyers to the ARK website, which, with a few simple clicks, people can find all sorts of information about the unfinished nature of the game, both from current players and devs. I'll also note that the Steam page on Early Access titles explicitly lists "Test and Report Bugs" as one of the roles of players of Early Access games. As far as I can tell, ONLY Sony doesn't provide this warning to players, which means the issue is not with Wildcard but with Sony.

ARK is not, nor would any reasonable person describe it as, unplayable. Unless you're attempting to run ARK on a computer with insufficient specs, then it runs fine and plays fine. ARK doesn't have to be fit for final-product release because it is, indeed, Early Access, which means it could be as early and dysfunctional as an alpha-stage game (though I'll point out that ARK much better resembles a beta-stage game). This is your own, contrived definition of EA and does not sync with what the game developers and retailers have evidently agreed is appropriate. ARK isn't any worse than other pre-release titles. Want proof? Go to the forums for Subnautica. Try using a buggy or truck near oxygen cables on Astroneer (and check out those forums too). Or maybe take a peek at The Isle's forums and read up on its bugs and glitches, or really any other EA game. I think your idea of EA games is skewed, and not because of any lack of effort by Wildcard to inform people of the risks of the game which they're purchasing. I'm going to agree with @BubbaCrawfish and say that, honestly, you do seem to have it out for Wildcard and ARK and don't really have much constructive to add here. In the interest of not escalating things, then, I'm out

Guest BubbaCrawfish
10 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

There are lots of small bugs which would take them no time to fix it. Have you noticed that glass windows are bugged? You can see a mirror of its frame that moves depending on from which side you look at it.

Pretty sure that that would be near to that "bug" that when you look to the ocean, you see a reflection...

You _think_ it'd be easy to fix, but it may not.

He didn't get the players attention in that bug report, he kept bumping it so it was prevalent. Most people report the bug once, and let the thread get buried.

What you may consider easy, may not be easy, due to other factors, but you consider it easy because it's a small bug, which being small, doesn't affect people much, but you'd rather have the devs waste time on such a small issue, simply to fix something that you've spotted.

The health icon needed to be fixed as you'd not spot that you were actually dying. Graphical glitch on a glasshouse, isn't really that important when you look at it like that right?

4 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

You're intentionally ignoring massive issues with those games, then. I can't help if you're going to be willfully ignorant of that, but I think most other people will attest that any Bethesda game usually has some massive issues on release. There's a reason that the community generates the Unofficial Patches, and a lot of it has to do with unaddressed bugs, glitches, and crashes that occur in the game. As a modder, I'm sure you'd understand that.

When you load up the game, Wildcard puts in a message on the title screen that explicitly states, and I quote, "Pre-Release Software. ARK is in a pre-release stage of development. This means that some parts of the game might not function as expected (and might not function at all). The game might even crash..." On the Microsoft store and on the Steam store, both include an explicit warning that the game is unfinished and that players uncomfortable with unfinished products should not buy, and they refer potential buyers to the ARK website, which, with a few simple clicks, people can find all sorts of information about the unfinished nature of the game, both from current players and devs. I'll also note that the Steam page on Early Access titles explicitly lists "Test and Report Bugs" as one of the roles of players of Early Access games. As far as I can tell, ONLY Sony doesn't provide this warning to players, which means the issue is not with Wildcard but with Sony.

ARK is not, nor would any reasonable person describe it as, unplayable. Unless you're attempting to run ARK on a computer with insufficient specs, then it runs fine and plays fine. ARK doesn't have to be fit for final-product release because it is, indeed, Early Access, which means it could be as early and dysfunctional as an alpha-stage game (though I'll point out that ARK much better resembles a beta-stage game). This is your own, contrived definition of EA and does not sync with what the game developers and retailers have evidently agreed is appropriate. ARK isn't any worse than other pre-release titles. Want proof? Go to the forums for Subnautica. Try using a buggy or truck near oxygen cables on Astroneer (and check out those forums too). Or maybe take a peek at The Isle's forums and read up on its bugs and glitches, or really any other EA game. I think your idea of EA games is skewed, and not because of any lack of effort by Wildcard to inform people of the risks of the game which they're purchasing. I'm going to agree with @BubbaCrawfish and say that, honestly, you do seem to have it out for Wildcard and ARK and don't really have much constructive to add here. In the interest of not escalating things, then, I'm out

you dont seem to understand a couple of things:

1; unplayable not necessarily means it does not run. it means it has such flaws that makes the game completely unenjoyable and as people are playing games for enjoyment it means its unplayable...quite simple

2; does not matter what sticker you put on a commercially sold product, be it early access or full release IT HAS TO BE FIT FOR PURPOSE AND SHOULD WORK AS INTENDED AND REASONABLE. this is not the early access definition, this is the consumer protection law (if you happen to live in the usa i might understand your ignorance on this). selling something with early access label does NOT dismiss the law. they can still sell an unfinished product, but whichever part of it is released it MUST BE WORKING. BY THE LAW. early access only means there are planned features that are not implemented yet so the buyer shouldnt expect a fully developed game. BUT WHAT IS RELEASED FROM IT, IT HAS TO WORK.

I think your idea of EA games is skewed

its not my idea of ea games is skewed, its the current state of the gaming world is where all laws are being ignored... thanks to the acceptance of the gamers like you.

There's a reason that the community generates the Unofficial Patches, and a lot of it has to do with unaddressed bugs, glitches, and crashes that occur in the game. As a modder, I'm sure you'd understand that.

if you would have ever used those patches than you would know those unaddressed bugs are rather minor annoyances thats why bethesda dont care. and no, i dont like their bugfixing policies either but they are nowhere near as bad as ark and they can do it for the same reason wc can do it. because most people are totally lifeless and has zero dignity. they want to play play play no matter how poop is what they play but hey.

ohhh, there goes my fav frog down the volcano i ride for year now. good by poor soul, no problem i will get an other and keep grinding. im bored with grinding like poop but well, my life is about nothing else so why not?

ohhh, ive made the perfect base and a single guy blown it to hell while i was attending a rare event of my life, i was sleeping. how he did it? ahh, from undergound? ok, lets cry a river on forum and then back to grind. ok, ive rebuilt. whats that dino is doing there? ohh, crap it destroys everything inside the walls and i cant stop it :( ohh, all my stuff is gone again. no worries, lets get back to grind

im sorry if this works for you but it does not work for me and looking at the forums it also does not work for many others... wc wouldnt have to polish an ea to perfection but they would very much have to fix at least the most annoying and most mentioned crap. and again, as we already know SOME OF THESE THINGS ARE OUT OF THEIR INTEREST SO THEY WONT GET FIXED EVEN FOR FULL RELEASE. but i know, your acceptance can take that too...

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2017 at 11:47 AM, BloodyMess said:

TBH you sound like one of those players who try control their server so your server becomes dead and inactive. I know couple alphas and friends with them but difference is they protect server instead of trying control it, they kill sad kids who get pleasure in destroying others work or killing naked men on beach.

I'm not trying to be mean at all about this but understanding you join a PVP server you're going to end up like that regardless. You're going to hurt someone feelings whether you like it or not as well people will be blaming that you want to control even though you want to enjoy it and not bother anybody at all. If you don't believe me look up nooblet.com and sean knight. They tell you what to expect from being on a PVP. I'm on a PvE server where I been helping new players grow till they leave on their and help them when they're in need. So judge me on the comments I make judge me by what action I take.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:03 PM, AlphaPreacher said:

Already did, no response

Hahaha, you rage on the forums to people who already play the game, yet you still find interest in what people have to say about your angry fit. I find this amusing,

On 1/11/2017 at 6:25 PM, Dreadnaught said:

Only $55?  At least its not like most of the triple A games that release that are stripped down and they sell you the original content as DLC.  Like others are saying this is early access, says right on the title screen it may not run right, lag or crash.  It does have issues, you can lose stuff under the map, but think about how that situation pops up...  You died in a survival game,  dont say the game is bad because your bad at the game.

^^ Sooo much this. Might as well go pay top dollar for the latest call of duty remake, those games are amazing and fresh every time!

On 1/11/2017 at 2:57 PM, AlphaPreacher said:

Don't buy this game. It is a waste of money. The game is so laggy and glitchy. I've lost my gear about 8 times due to the game not dropping my pack when I died. Eventhough I knew exactly the spot where I dided and have had Tribe mates with me standing where I died with nothing dropped. It just falls into the abyss. With how many crashes, lagg outs and glitches are in the game it should of been a free download. This game is not worth the $55 in any way shape or form. It's trash. Do Not Buy it

Give it some time. The game on Playstation is still in beta at the moment and will have an official release very soon. If you still think it is garbage after a couple of updates then by all means don't play it. 

Archived