Ark Is Garbage, Do NOT buy it

AlphaPreacher

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, xgamerobx said:

ARK has a simple and winning formula, keep them coming back. It works. Pets and instant aggro death make it fun. Some see it as a builder, tamer, hunting, community (with global chat which needs some serious work on it) plus many other reasons. I enjoy it...

The big old "You don't need to be fast, just faster than your friends"

This is definitely a factor... You can be an animal wrangler, a fighter, cook, gatherer or a crazy home-builder...  So much from a single game that needs teamwork to make the game happen.

9 hours ago, SuperGenki said:

Wow, what contrived logic... Your choice to accept a bug-ridden craps early access game happens when your cursor is hovering over the 'buy' button. Even then you have all that time to think about your purchase while confirming your payment information.

wow, what contrived logic. early access does not AND should not mean a crap game, it means its not finished yet, not that its riddled with bugs. capiche? no? hmmm. not surprised...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, vargata said:

wow, what contrived logic. early access does not AND should not mean a crap game, it means its not finished yet, not that its riddled with bugs. capiche? no? hmmm. not surprised...

Well, it's not "unplayable" and it's only riddled with bugs if you can't see the forest for the trees...

But that's all in perspective, as really, you must be looking at this as a glass half empty, when you should be looking at it in a glass half full scenario... Or is that totally against your nature...

5 hours ago, vargata said:

Early Access has no actual rules or definition that I'm aware of other than the literal one of, like you say, allowing you access to something that's unfinished. Surely something that's unfinished, with regards to software, will surely contain bugs. Even 'finished' (lets go with 'retail release' here) software contains bugs - or do we ignore the constant stream of patches for Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems, some of which actually address severe bugs?

Early Access can really be treated as whatever the person offering it wants it to be - nobody's forced anyone into being part of it. Wildcard have stated a roadmap for the game's development (add content > fix bugs & optimise > quality pass & release) so in my opinion, we should just let them get on with it and deliver the product. They do go back and try to fix game-breaking bugs where they introduce them, but the rest you'd imagine are being collated and will be addressed in the relevant development phase - which is why there's nothing wrong with bringing to attention the issues with the game though, after all we're technically beta testing the game for them.

7 hours ago, vargata said:

Just stop  already. Are you listening to yourself? A game being developed won't have any bugs? You clearly are not a programmer or developer of any sorts..

Not sure what made me laugh harder, the fact he paid $55 for a $30 EA game on the POS4, or him raging about bugs in an EA game that has only been on the POS4 for less than a few months.

Let me explain how EA works to those of you who have lived in the Sony bubble for to long. When you buy an EA game expect bugs, lag, network issues, and server outages. Your job as an investor, because that is what you are, is to report these bugs here on the forum in the bug report section. When enough of these bugs are reported, and deemed as not being an isolated occurrence, The developers will investigate, and work to repair said bug. Some bugs however require a lot of work to fix, and take much longer to repair, so they may be in game for weeks or in some cases months.

Now instead of complaining about bugs in an EA game, and telling everyone who reads these forums to not buy it, which was comedy gold btw, since probably 99.9% of the people here already own the game. Go and report those bugs like a good beta tester is supposed to do. 

7 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Well, it's not "unplayable" and it's only riddled with bugs if you can't see the forest for the trees...

But that's all in perspective, as really, you must be looking at this as a glass half empty, when you should be looking at it in a glass half full scenario... Or is that totally against your nature...

and we are back where you can just keep your head in the sand its not necessary to do so for everybody. just because you want to play a game so much that you can swallow your dinos glitching into the ground in front of your eyes is up to you, if you can swallow being wiped from underground its up to you. if you can swallow losing your gear and favorite flyer for dc-ing its up to you. for me, seeing the glass half full is the real problem with the gaming industry! thats why they can sell every buggy mess with no retaliation and when some who has more consciousness, asks for refund they can just laugh as they know their minions will protect them to the death...

1 hour ago, vargata said:

and we are back where you can just keep your head in the sand its not necessary to do so for everybody. just because you want to play a game so much that you can swallow your dinos glitching into the ground in front of your eyes is up to you, if you can swallow being wiped from underground its up to you. if you can swallow losing your gear and favorite flyer for dc-ing its up to you. for me, seeing the glass half full is the real problem with the gaming industry! thats why they can sell every buggy mess with no retaliation and when some who has more consciousness, asks for refund they can just laugh as they know their minions will protect them to the death...

I definitely see where you're coming from,the game industry is a mess what with incomplete games and massive day 1 patches and games being peddled like heroin,designed to keep extracting money from you for months-years and yeah the internet is full of fanboys who for some crazy reason will jump to the defense of anti consumer corporations like they were related but as angry as i get at ark(which is more and more frequent,lol) it does get leeway,it is EA and i don't think wc ever hid that from anyone.It should have been made very clear on the sony storefront perhaps,but the other platforms it was made clear.I don't see ark as great(maybe part of that is i'm not a team player and the game seems pushed towards large groupings) but it does have potential to be great.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, vargata said:

You bought a game, you knew wasn't finished.

You now whinge about it being "unplayable" even though it clearly is, unless your hardware is a PoS...

Minions? Nope... I simply understand development, and how Early Access, and Open Beta works. Suck it up, you have no reason to be wanting a refund, nor encouraging this kind of thread to go on.

Seriously, you have a real problem with expectations, and then making out that everything that everything is bugged because you've simply lost some gear... Some virtual gear, from a game, that you've played, which you can easily get back if you put some time in...

If you can't handle that, then maybe the game isn't for you, but that still doesn't warrant calling for a refund, or saying that the game is unplayable.

If you're having disconnection issues, then I'd suggest checking your router and your connection, as that could well be your problem in the first instance.

48 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

f you're having disconnection issues, then I'd suggest checking your router and your connection, as that could well be your problem in the first instance.

I agree with you to an extent.  It's frustrating loosing gear. Especially 1 of a kind items. But DC issues , especially on xbox aren't generally caused by the router. In the last 6 months I've gone through 3 different routers thinking maybe it was the issue. I have a business connection in my house, due to work, so it's not my Internet connection.  If multiple people are complaining about DC zones on the same map in the same areas on the map, I doubt it's everyone's connection.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
55 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

I agree with you to an extent.  It's frustrating loosing gear. Especially 1 of a kind items. But DC issues , especially on xbox aren't generally caused by the router. In the last 6 months I've gone through 3 different routers thinking maybe it was the issue. I have a business connection in my house, due to work, so it's not my Internet connection.  If multiple people are complaining about DC zones on the same map in the same areas on the map, I doubt it's everyone's connection.

So you know what platform he's on?

He's on PC just saying, from browsing his vitriolic posts.

If you're running your XBox on wifi, then that'll be half your problem... Same will go for PC and PS4 as well.

I think Valve put it best in this section of the STEAM Early Access FAQ:

Its up to the developer to determine when they are ready to 'release'. Some developers have a concrete deadline in mind, while others will get a better sense as the development of the game progresses. You should be aware that some teams will be unable to 'finish' their game. So you should only buy an Early Access game if you are excited about playing it in its current state.

If you follow that simple piece of advice you will avoid setting unrealistic expectations when purchasing games that are still in the development stage.

STEAM Early Access FAQ

3 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I think Valve put it best in this section of the STEAM Early Access FAQ:

If you follow that simple piece of advice you will avoid setting unrealistic expectations when purchasing games that are still in the development stage.

STEAM Early Access FAQ

well, it does not say it will not work, it say it might not be finished... not being finished means it might miss features, the problem with ark is not that its missing features, the problem is that it wont work. obviously it works somewhat but its again about being realistic. if a game is crashing, if the dinos glitching through the terrain etc then its not working...

5 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

4 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

So you know what platform he's on?

He's on PC just saying,

yes, im on pc, and just as much as for xbox, for pc too its not the router, and neither my pc. im playing 4 mmo-s and a mp, one other has the odd very rare dc-s, the others run flawless, the mp i can play an entire day without a single dc but ark.. ark is a different story, and i think its about overloaded servers and rubbish memory management...

6 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You bought a game, you knew wasn't finished. blablablabla

yes? again, if a game is sold it means it has to work. if its not finished it can mean its missing features and not that you will die for glitches and your stuff will vanish in front of your eyes. capiche? still not? no worries, i have endless time to explain.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Damn, it's sold as Early Access, as a work in progress, as something that is being made... You knew that when you bought it...

PC version for me doesn't have any disconnection aside from when my PC freezes due to other issues... Then that causes a net reset, but that's all beside the point.

The point being that if you're having major disconnects and a considerable portion of the rest of us don't, only leaves one common denominator...

Any guesses as to why that is, or are you simply going to lump it on "Bugs", and "bad development"?

You knew it was early access, yet you bought it anyway. I don't need you to explain that you bought that and obviously didn't understand this concept.

9 hours ago, Bogger said:

I definitely see where you're coming from,the game industry is a mess what with incomplete games and massive day 1 patches and games being peddled like heroin,designed to keep extracting money from you for months-years and yeah the internet is full of fanboys who for some crazy reason will jump to the defense of anti consumer corporations like they were related but as angry as i get at ark(which is more and more frequent,lol) it does get leeway,it is EA and i don't think wc ever hid that from anyone.It should have been made very clear on the sony storefront perhaps,but the other platforms it was made clear.I don't see ark as great(maybe part of that is i'm not a team player and the game seems pushed towards large groupings) but it does have potential to be great.

i answer you separately as this was the only meaningful reaction. its not about hiding anything, as you say too, you get angry at ark more and more. some of us are over most limits. losing my argy killer Dimorphodon just because it was sitting passive on my shoulder and i dc-d. it would be ONE frekkin line of code to fix but they dont care... getting wiped multiple times or bullied in pve because they dont care.. being eaten through stone walls because they dont care, and this is not because its not finished, they have already stated about some of these things they are not interested and they are not going to fix it... i have a few early access games, some are better some are worse but ive never see this kind of ignorance (well, ksp is quite close :) ) and this is what really pisses off those who accepted this is an early access....

15 minutes ago, vargata said:

yes? again, if a game is sold it means it has to work. if its not finished it can mean its missing features and not that you will die for glitches and your stuff will vanish in front of your eyes. capiche? still not? no worries, i have endless time to explain.

Evidently, you haven't played The Elder Scrolls or Fallout... which, I will point out, are probably two of the most acclaimed video game series of all time, and they're buggy as anything on release. ARK is in EA, yes. That means content will be missing, but that also means that there will be bugs (kind of like how finished games have sometimes-game-breaking bugs). A game doesn't have to be glitch-free for release; otherwise, we'd all still be playing Pac-Man. It only needs to be playable, and ARK is playable. Just ask some of the people with 1000, 1500, 2000, or more hours put into it. I personally have close to 1400, and I can assure you that I've run into all sorts of glitches and bugs. The number of times I've lost my stuff because I fell through the world is more than I can count, and one time, I even watched a perfect-tame Beelzebufo literally just float into the ground and disappear forever because ARK. But, I move on and everything is okay, because there are such innumerable positive aspects of this game that do function that it is, overall, far more-advanced than I would expect out of an EA game (off the top of my head, the only real competitor in terms of play-ability that I know of would be Subnautica, and even that is pretty rough sometimes).

5 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

and obviously didn't understand this concept.

its you who still dont understand it :) again: early access =/= buggy crap.... early access == missing features, and forget DC-s. do you deny that ppl can glitch through terrain to wipe your entire base from there? do you deny ppl are losing dinos for those glitching through the terrain and disappearing into the abyss? do you deny dinos can destroy everything inside your base and kill you and your dinos just because the walls dont keep their head outside? do you deny that dinos can glitch through the walls and run away no matter how well you locked them up? do you deny that any movable stuff (dinos eggs yourself) can glitch through floors and fall to lover levels or even below the terrain? now these are bugs that makes this game unplayable for many. and this many will just be more and more. and the dinos eat you through the wall wont ever get fixed, wc has already stated it. its not an early access issue, they just DONT CARE! yes, ive bought an early access game, ive accepted it might be swallow missing some features, i was prepared to have some minor bugs but not gamebreaking crap like this.

4 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Evidently, you haven't played The Elder Scrolls or Fallout... which, I will point out, are probably two of the most acclaimed video game series of all time, and they're buggy as anything on release. ARK is in EA, yes. That means content will be missing, but that also means that there will be bugs (kind of like how finished games have sometimes-game-breaking bugs). A game doesn't have to be glitch-free for release; otherwise, we'd all still be playing Pac-Man. It only needs to be playable, and ARK is playable. Just ask some of the people with 1000, 1500, 2000, or more hours put into it. I personally have close to 1400, and I can assure you that I've run into all sorts of glitches and bugs. The number of times I've lost my stuff because I fell through the world is more than I can count, and one time, I even watched a perfect-tame Beelzebufo literally just float into the ground and disappear forever because ARK. But, I move on and everything is okay, because there are such innumerable positive aspects of this game that do function that it is, overall, far more-advanced than I would expect out of an EA game (off the top of my head, the only real competitor in terms of play-ability that I know of would be Subnautica, and even that is pretty rough sometimes).

this is quite a poor try, i have all fallouts and tes games, im a modder of those and none of those have such major, showstopping bugs even at release day than ark does.. "But, I move on and everything is okay" acceptance lvl5, nice perk, not everybody has it, and just because you dont care it doesnt mean its alright then.. for those who have a life getting a good companion takes a lots of time, losing that said companion is like losing the meaning of the gameplay why to break myself getting an other just to lose it again? i dont have 24/7 to tame 2000 dinos, i have about 2-3 hours on some days so taming a higher level stuff is all i can generally do on an entire day losing it is like losing my entire progress. and if it does in battle, well, at least i had a little to play with, but losing it for a poop like that is making the entire thing pointless.

Archived