Ark Is Garbage, Do NOT buy it

AlphaPreacher

The problem, with this cash cow for WC is that they seem to want to release different versions before finishing the main.  I seriously doubt it will ever be a full release as there is no incentive nor guide line that requires them to do so.  They will forever release a new expansion pack, new dynamic - new dino - new 'insert here' and thus the game will never be finished.

You have to marvel at their slyness.  Let me ask you a simple question - Given  how they set the company up - the ensuing law suit - what they said about it - the end result.  Do you trust anything they say ? I take it ALL with a pinch of salt !

Personally I enjoy the game and it works OK for me.  The game is not my life and I have already had my monies worth of entertainment out of it, having played it from the release date.

Steam made to quite clear what Early Access is and what it entails.  If console versions do not do this, then you have a case - if they did then its tough luck.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BigRed1227 said:

It changed when they added time exclusives like the bionic giga skin. Remember when things couldn't get ported in time for the Halloween event for Xbox? The 2 guys that do that had to leave on an emergency trip. I suspect that they went to meet with someone from Sony to make that deal.....

Wow.... they really did name their studios perfectly....

4 minutes ago, umpa2016 said:

The problem, with this cash cow for WC is that they seem to want to release different versions before finishing the main.  I seriously doubt it will ever be a full release as there is no incentive nor guide line that requires them to do so.  They will forever release a new expansion pack, new dynamic - new dino - new 'insert here' and thus the game will never be finished.

You have to marvel at their slyness.  Let me ask you a simple question - Given  how they set the company up - the ensuing law suit - what they said about it - the end result.  Do you trust anything they say ? I take it ALL with a pinch of salt !

Personally I enjoy the game and it works OK for me.  The game is not my life and I have already had my monies worth of entertainment out of it, having played it from the release date.

Steam made to quite clear what Early Access is and what it entails.  If console versions do not do this, then you have a case - if they did then its tough luck.

Yes they did make it clear to console users that it was unfinished.  Same as pc and the ever so small print for ps4 users. But, building buggy code on top of buggy code, only worsens the problem.  Write code, test code, fix code is how it should go. Not write code, test code to see if it will break, okay it doesn't but there is issues, write more code....

I think for developers being in Early Access forever is a dream come true: you can keep adding and tweaking stuff and everytime something breaks you can say that "well its an early access game!"

And if one day a producer will come and say "guys we need some more money!" you can pack some of the stuff in a payable DLC :P

Sooo... I see no reason to get out of Early Access for the devs.

2 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Yes they did make it clear to console users that it was unfinished.  Same as pc and the ever so small print for ps4 users. But, building buggy code on top of buggy code, only worsens the problem.  Write code, test code, fix code is how it should go. Not write code, test code to see if it will break, okay it doesn't but there is issues, write more code....

Thats because they spend more time making new versions of the game - and not enough work on the main.  Sill it is what it is and moaning about it will fix nothing.

20 hours ago, AlphaPreacher said:

Don't buy this game. It is a waste of money. The game is so laggy and glitchy. I've lost my gear about 8 times due to the game not dropping my pack when I died. Eventhough I knew exactly the spot where I dided and have had Tribe mates with me standing where I died with nothing dropped. It just falls into the abyss. With how many crashes, lagg outs and glitches are in the game it should of been a free download. This game is not worth the $55 in any way shape or form. It's trash. Do Not Buy it

Reading is fundamental:  This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game. 

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

Reading is fundamental:  This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game. 

Actually there's something more fundamental than reading, and that is doing research before spending your money. The reason I say this is because if you just say reading is fundamental then the issue people are discussing here is where that phrasing you have posted is on the Sony site. However, simple research would tell anyone that the game is unfinished and it cannot be finished on 1 platform and not the other 2. So then it brings in commonsense, but sometimes that's hard to come by sometimes.

1 minute ago, GamerPerfection said:

Actually there's something more fundamental than reading, and that is doing research before spending your money. The reason I say this is because if you just say reading is fundamental then the issue people are discussing here is where that phrasing you have posted is on the Sony site. However, simple research would tell anyone that the game is unfinished and it cannot be finished on 1 platform and not the other 2. So then it brings in commonsense, but sometimes that's hard to come by sometimes.

That information is on EVERY site.  It was on the XBox site, which is where I got it from.  It was there when I bought the game very clearly written.  I know it's on the steam section.  So unless I'm missing something every time that someone buys that game that language shows up.  Reading is fundamental.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Plannb23 said:

That information is on EVERY site.  It was on the XBox site, which is where I got it from.  It was there when I bought the game very clearly written.  I know it's on the steam section.  So unless I'm missing something every time that someone buys that game that language shows up.  Reading is fundamental.

Steam and Xbox sites is not Sony i'm afraid. Best not make assumptions.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Plannb23 said:

I did read that entire sentence.  You're saying that they don't like the location of "where that phrasing you have posted is on the Sony site."  Not sure what you're inferring here.

Ok I guess I should have added a question mark to the end of that sentence. But hey I give up here, people read things in different ways all the time.

1 minute ago, GamerPerfection said:

Ok I guess I should have added a question mark to the end of that sentence. But hey I give up here, people read things in different ways all the time.

Are you implying that it's my fault I read your question as a statement?  If you're saying that it's missing ... you could have said something like the language is missing from Sony. I took it as a location issue.

long story short: on playstation store the english description has a short sentence stating that the "game will grown into a full 2017 release". That sentence is in the middle of a long text description and nowhere else. Not in the trailers, not in the screenshots not on the store page.

Also in other languages, that sentence is completely missing.

As a consumer I think this is misleading and the blame is on Sony too, that wanted to have a popular Early Access game without officially allowing such kind of games on their platform.

2 minutes ago, ken81 said:

long story short: on playstation store the english description has a short sentence stating that the "game will grown into a full 2017 release". That sentence is in the middle of a long text description and nowhere else. Not in the trailers, not in the screenshots not on the store page.

As a consumer I think this is misleading and the blame is on Sony too, that wanted to have a popular Early Access game without officially allowing such kind of games on their platform.

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner folks!

20 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Gp: with out getting a warning or a ban, I'm asking a serious question.  I'm literally asking a humble question, no sarcasm, no disrespect. 

Is it too much to ask, for a dev to acknowledge at least some of the concerns that the player base as a whole has been saying? Just something as simple as: we do read your comments,  we do understand that there is a few issues we can/should/will address as time goes on. *add list of known issues here*

Many, including myself have doubts that these issues will ever be fully acknowledged or addressed.

Also not trying to thread high jack as I see this as a relevant question

21 hours ago, Igloo said:

Stop. The game has a full release right now on all platforms not just steam, when gamers buy a game for full retail price they expect it to work right. They dont care about EA.

Then they are stupid. You read that right,  there is a disclaimer before ANYONE CHOOSES TO BUY this game. If they don't care,  not the devs or anyone else's problem.  They didn't wait to see others play and there problems,  they didn't wait till full release, they made their bed. They are stupid if they think they are entitled otherwise.  There is no misleading, AGAIN, THEY TELL YOU THAT THIS GAME IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS AND NOT TO BUY IT IF THE PURCHASER HAS ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT... not WC'S fault anyone not happy with game can't make an adult, money spending choice. 

15 hours ago, vargata said:

pretty sad that so many accept bugridden craps to be sold to them just cos its marked early access...

Wow, what contrived logic... Your choice to accept a bug-ridden craps early access game happens when your cursor is hovering over the 'buy' button. Even then you have all that time to think about your purchase while confirming your payment information.

16 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Gp: with out getting a warning or a ban, I'm asking a serious question.  I'm literally asking a humble question, no sarcasm, no disrespect. 

Is it too much to ask, for a dev to acknowledge at least some of the concerns that the player base as a whole has been saying? Just something as simple as: we do read your comments,  we do understand that there is a few issues we can/should/will address as time goes on. *add list of known issues here*

Many, including myself have doubts that these issues will ever be fully acknowledged or addressed.

Also not trying to thread high jack as I see this as a relevant question

There are dev answers, you just have to do some research.. and they give very good reasons for issues and what has and has not been solved. They also clearly state that if anyone is upset and not happy with it then they would probably be better off waiting for full release or taking a break regardless. The game is a work in progress, probably one of if not the biggest game ever when you look at the scope of it and everything you can do. Be patient, it'll take time. There are even a bunch of issues that won't be addressed till after content gets added, that's how game development works.

31 minutes ago, ken81 said:

Not really misleading unless the game never fully releases during the 2017 year.

22 hours ago, AlphaPreacher said:

Don't buy this game. It is a waste of money. The game is so laggy and glitchy. I've lost my gear about 8 times due to the game not dropping my pack when I died. Eventhough I knew exactly the spot where I dided and have had Tribe mates with me standing where I died with nothing dropped. It just falls into the abyss. With how many crashes, lagg outs and glitches are in the game it should of been a free download. This game is not worth the $55 in any way shape or form. It's trash. Do Not Buy it

Maybe you should try working out what "Early Access" means before spending your parents money.

Archived