Ark Is Garbage, Do NOT buy it

AlphaPreacher

Yes they even had to add Trophies for the ps4 version to feel "complete". But then they stealthly added one line about "growing into a complete game in 2017"  in the english description.

This is not a good way to handle early access: you do it or you don't. And if you do it, then you make it totally OBVIOUS to customers. Not just an ambiguos little sentence in the middle of a long text description.

So, I think the blame goes to Sony too: they wanted the game but they did not want to have Early Access games on Playstation. So they asked to make Trophies and added that little disclaimer. Very bad.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, At0mic109 said:

Quits arks...still lurks on forums to offer negative input. Good riddance :)  

This game is built for pvp primarily. Go play your zoo tycoon or SIMS.

Nice try of provoking. If you don't want to see gameplay flaws or don't mind them, that's fine. I had been playing ARK since EA release on Steam and I did notice there are no significant improvements gameplay wise after 1,5 year.  Game is the same in that area as it was at Day 1.They put more animals in game which all behave the same (that does not make game better out o blue), almost every game mechanic is based on tedious grind. Without criticism you can forget about game becoming better, thus I come here and point game's flaws.

10 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Nice try of provoking. If you don't want to see gameplay flaws or don't mind them, that's fine. I had been playing ARK since EA release on Steam and I did notice there are no significant improvements gameplay wise after 1,5 year.  Game is the same in that area as it was at Day 1.They put more animals in game which all behave the same (that does not make game better out o blue), almost every game mechanic is based on tedious grind. Without criticism you can forget about game becoming better, thus I come here and point game's flaws.

100% agree! But it's not so much of a grind as it once was. I have more respect for players who hit lvl 90 on the old 1.0 xp/gathering like I did than these newbies who hit lvl 60 in 1 day. 

However game flaws will be looked at along with dino AI but the key word is WHEN? the new additions I believe will push the game back farther away from the spring ETA ( lol) date

12 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

You don't feel provoked? :(

I see gameplay flaws..trust me. I see a lot of flaws.

My issue is with how whiney your post comes off as. There are a million things to do in Ark..and I think the biggest portion of it revolves around pvp. PVE is poorly implemented in this game and will obviously be boring after awhile. You're safe from the biggest enemy...other players..  imagine day z...rust...etc with only player vs environment.

You say this game is grindy...what survival game isnt?! Have you played any? Grinding is synonymous with survival games.  IMO the recent 2x change went a long way in helping the grind and at the end of the day it feels good to see my base and know the work that went into building it/defending it.

Instead of complaining and whining, why don't you go post in game suggestions what you want to see implemented in this game. 

3 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

100% agree! But it's not so much of a grind as it once was. I have more respect for players who hit lvl 90 on the old 1.0 xp/gathering like I did than these newbies who hit lvl 60 in 1 day. 

However game flaws will be looked at along with dino AI but the key word is WHEN? the new additions I believe will push the game back farther away from the spring ETA ( lol) date

It is still to some point, but with x2 settings is less tedious indeed. All in all leveling up after 73 lvl was boring, repetitive grinding (not sure how much it was improved with x2 settings). Ridiculous amount of exp you need for further levels is artificial and forced way to prolong gameplay. It is supposed to distract you from realising that grinding those levels gave you only frustration and boredom. During leveling up you do the same thing and it's not enertaining in long run. However I do respect people's patience with leveling up to 90 lvl :)

In latest interview with Wildcard's employee, regarding the delay of Tek Tier, he said the full game would be released in Summer 2017. 

17 hours ago, Igloo said:

Stop. The game has a full release right now on all platforms not just steam, when gamers buy a game for full retail price they expect it to work right. They dont care about EA.

Actually it's about half-price on all consoles ATM, it just happens to be bundled on PS4 so overall It's more in line with retail pricing. But that doesn't make it finished.

5 minutes ago, At0mic109 said:

You don't feel provoked? :(

I see gameplay flaws..trust me. I see a lot of flaws.

My issue is with how whiney your post comes off as. There are a million things to do in Ark..and I think the biggest portion of it revolves around pvp. PVE is poorly implemented in this game and will obviously be boring after awhile. You're safe from the biggest enemy...other players..  imagine day z...rust...etc with only player vs environment.

You say this game is grindy...what survival game isnt?! Have you played any? Grinding is synonymous with survival games.  IMO the recent 2x change went a long way in helping the grind and at the end of the day it feels good to see my base and know the work that went into building it/defending it.

Instead of complaining and whining, why don't you go post in game suggestions what you want to see implemented in this game. 

People use "whinning" too much these days to deny people's concerns. Maybe it is not the case here. Anyway.

What survival game is not grindy? Or with grind that's is not just tedious? The Long Dark. That's the real survival game. 

There are many cool suggestions on the forum, I asked and suggest some in ARK digests, but instead of fullfilling people's ideas in game they have been adding another creatures over and over again or any other things, which doesn't add more replay value to ARK. There is little faith they would even read those suggestions. Game needs polished gameplay mechanics, not another dino. Maybe at premiere it would'be done.

2 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

It is still to some point, but with x2 settings is less tedious indeed. All in all leveling up after 73 lvl was boring, repetitive grinding (not sure how much it was improved with x2 settings). Ridiculous amount of exp you need for further levels is artificial and forced way to prolong gameplay. It is supposed to distract you from realising that grinding those levels gave you only frustration and boredom. During leveling up you do the same thing and it's not enertaining in long run. However I do respect people's patience with leveling up to 90 lvl :)

In latest interview with Wildcard's employee, regarding the delay of Tek Tier, he said the full game would be released in Summer 2017. 

I cannot tell you how many alphas I had to kill to get that amount of xp to even reach lvl 90. By the time the permanent doubles hit I was a 92. Even with doubles,  and doing the redwoods cave 2 or 3 times a day, it was a tedious grind to get to lvl 96. Heck, I even saved the Explorer notes for different runs to get that sweet sweet doubles again. 

I just hope, that there is a base level to this tek teir stuff. Maybe 90 or 95 as a starting point and going up from there. It will somewhat be a challenge to these new players on the grind aspect.  But, I believe that it will be a grind for us end game players as well since we don't know any requirements for "element" or black pearls, cp or anything else.

When was this latest interview? If it rings true,it's just another notch in their push the date back belt

Just now, Lewiatan said:

. Game needs polished gameplay mechanics, not another dino. Maybe at premiere it would'be done.

The thing is, they aren't to that phase yet.   They are still adding content, which granted they do have to fix some of the bugs to ensure the next line of content will work with what's currently in the game.   I'm not a game designer and can understand that.    Once content is added (yes, to a degree I think they should just finish what is on their list of content planned.  Then add more after the release), then it goes into the next phase which is the major bug squashing and balancing over haul and polishing up of content, then release.

6 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

I cannot tell you how many alphas I had to kill to get that amount of xp to even reach lvl 90. By the time the permanent doubles hit I was a 92. Even with doubles,  and doing the redwoods cave 2 or 3 times a day, it was a tedious grind to get to lvl 96. Heck, I even saved the Explorer notes for different runs to get that sweet sweet doubles again. 

I just hope, that there is a base level to this tek teir stuff. Maybe 90 or 95 as a starting point and going up from there. It will somewhat be a challenge to these new players on the grind aspect.  But, I believe that it will be a grind for us end game players as well since we don't know any requirements for "element" or black pearls, cp or anything else.

When was this latest interview? If it rings true,it's just another notch in their push the date back belt

I feel sorry for you. It must have been really tiring experience. I affraid what you would have to do to get Tek tier things.

It was on 21-22 December 2016. Just 2-3 days before Tek Tier was supposed to be released for Christmas. It was written on some german website. I do remember that someone posted the link to interview in PC patch notes thread.

3 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Wait a tic.... I thought Sony wasn't going to allow the game to be sold unless it was a full release? Or did that change?  I mean, not that I thought WC would be able to complete this game.

It changed when they added time exclusives like the bionic giga skin. Remember when things couldn't get ported in time for the Halloween event for Xbox? The 2 guys that do that had to leave on an emergency trip. I suspect that they went to meet with someone from Sony to make that deal.....

14 hours ago, vargata said:

what that the game is riddled with bugs and unplayable? thats the best reason for refund

well, its only an excuse for those whose name shouldnt be mentioned... 

I've had this argument with you before, so lets not tread those waters again. You think Early Access is an excuse, I think it's the devs saying "it's not done" to a game that's not complete. We agreed to contracts of it, so the matter is settled. When they say "it's done" and its still riddled with bugs, then we'll talk

8 minutes ago, Grimm said:

The thing is, they aren't to that phase yet.   They are still adding content, which granted they do have to fix some of the bugs to ensure the next line of content will work with what's currently in the game.   I'm not a game designer and can understand that.    Once content is added (yes, to a degree I think they should just finish what is on their list of content planned.  Then add more after the release), then it goes into the next phase which is the major bug squashing and balancing over haul and polishing up of content, then release.

No, you are absolutely right in saying that they aren't to that point yet. Now, here is my counter. Please ponder this....

Okay, so the devs wanted to push all content in game before they Polish and optimize right? That has been stated over and over. Now, they are pushing out more and more content up and over what they had originally planned for release. Scissors, hair growth, Lance. Throwing axe, SHEEP? HORSE? list goes on...

Are you with me? All of this new content, features that they are adding are taking time away from the final content push, only to further push back the release date; why? Because ALL the content hasn't been released....

Still with me? Every crunch volume with AMA questions,  always addresses new features and gizmos people would like to see in game. While that's a good thing, it only furthers the release date because?......it's content. 

If you followed this, which I hope you did, I don't see an end to the 1.0 content push nor the polishing push to get it out. 

Just now, BigRed1227 said:

No, you are absolutely right in saying that they aren't to that point yet. Now, here is my counter. Please ponder this....

Okay, so the devs wanted to push all content in game before they Polish and optimize right? That has been stated over and over. Now, they are pushing out more and more content up and over what they had originally planned for release. Scissors, hair growth, Lance. Throwing axe, SHEEP? HORSE? list goes on...

Are you with me? All of this new content, features that they are adding are taking time away from the final content push, only to further push back the release date; why? Because ALL the content hasn't been released....

Still with me? Every crunch volume with AMA questions,  always addresses new features and gizmos people would like to see in game. While that's a good thing, it only furthers the release date because?......it's content. 

If you followed this, which I hope you did, I don't see an end to the 1.0 content push nor the polishing push to get it out. 

I won't argue there, actually if you re-read my post you quoted me in, in parenthesis I actually did say that to a degree they really should finish what was on their original content list, to which we are both talking the same thing.  I just didn't elaborate into it as far as you.

I do understand great ideas do come in from players and while I think a few would benefit the game (sheep for example as a pelt resource, I'm just hoping it's not a crazy large amount you can harvest), I don't think every idea should come into play.   Simply save some of it for an expansion.  

I still think, if with the amount of dinosaurs and *cough* "mammals" (don't want to upset some of the recent threads out there) they are implementing in the latest patch, and they could squeeze 2 more out say in Feb to finish the animals up, then all that's left is tek tier, and the last bit of content by end of march.  That would give them a solid 2-3 months to fix the bugs, polish it up, and say hopefully July release date which puts it in line of the summer release I keep hearing about.

1 minute ago, Grimm said:

I won't argue there, actually if you re-read my post you quoted me in, in parenthesis I actually did say that to a degree they really should finish what was on their original content list, to which we are both talking the same thing.  I just didn't elaborate into it as far as you.

I do understand great ideas do come in from players and while I think a few would benefit the game (sheep for example as a pelt resource, I'm just hoping it's not a crazy large amount you can harvest), I don't think every idea should come into play.   Simply save some of it for an expansion.  

I still think, if with the amount of dinosaurs and *cough* "mammals" (don't want to upset some of the recent threads out there) they are implementing in the latest patch, and they could squeeze 2 more out say in Feb to finish the animals up, then all that's left is tek tier, and the last bit of content by end of march.  That would give them a solid 2-3 months to fix the bugs, polish it up, and say hopefully July release date which puts it in line of the summer release I keep hearing about.

Agreed. Although I do want an a ton of pelt! I have ascendant fur bps that cost over 3k pelt lol.

If WC wants to continue to make $, then push out DLC AFTER the 1.0 finished, non EA title. New dinos, new maps etc...I suppose they will probably be doing this but they will have to actually Polish the game first. 

35 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

People use "whinning" too much these days to deny people's concerns. Maybe it is not the case here. Anyway.

What survival game is not grindy? Or with grind that's is not just tedious? The Long Dark. That's the real survival game. 

There are many cool suggestions on the forum, I asked and suggest some in ARK digests, but instead of fullfilling people's ideas in game they have been adding another creatures over and over again or any other things, which doesn't add more replay value to ARK. There is little faith they would even read those suggestions. Game needs polished gameplay mechanics, not another dino. Maybe at premiere it would'be done.

The long dark does not work in this situation because it is a single player only game. There is no reason for it to be grindy... now we're getting Into why games are grindy in the first place..which is another topic. 

IMHO multiplayer games like this and even MMO's need to be grindy. You need to work long and hard for what you have... we can't have a pvp game where everything is handed to us and time played means nothing. 

It just comes down to whether or not the grind is fun.

2 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Agreed. Although I do want an a ton of pelt! I have ascendant fur bps that cost over 3k pelt lol.

If WC wants to continue to make $, then push out DLC AFTER the 1.0 finished, non EA title. New dinos, new maps etc...I suppose they will probably be doing this but they will have to actually Polish the game first. 

Agreed.

Imo I like some of these new dinos...they are huge QOL improvements. They save you from having to do the tedious chores to sustain your base and allow you to do the more fun things. 

Can't tell you how many times I jump on with a goal in mind and get completely side tracked by all the stuff I have to do.   Oh! My armor just broke..now I have to jump on the saber and go get pelt to repair it lol

18 hours ago, AlphaPreacher said:

Don't buy this game. It is a waste of money. The game is so laggy and glitchy. I've lost my gear about 8 times due to the game not dropping my pack when I died. Eventhough I knew exactly the spot where I dided and have had Tribe mates with me standing where I died with nothing dropped. It just falls into the abyss. With how many crashes, lagg outs and glitches are in the game it should of been a free download. This game is not worth the $55 in any way shape or form. It's trash. Do Not Buy it

You were most likely on a "hardcore server" where bags do not drop upon death...

8 minutes ago, At0mic109 said:

Agreed.

Imo I like some of these new dinos...they are huge QOL improvements. They save you from having to do the tedious chores to sustain your base and allow you to do the more fun things. 

Can't tell you how many times I jump on with a goal in mind and get completely side tracked by all the stuff I have to do.   Oh! My armor just broke..now I have to jump on the saber and go get pelt to repair it lol

Yes QOL is nice, but I do remember,  a long time ago, yes, in a galARKxy far far away, that one of the devs said there were no plans on adding a horse. Now we are getting a horse and a Lance. Albeit fulfilling my need to want to joust,  I do remember them saying there were 0 plans on it. 

This can go back to my original point of there will not be an end to the content before Polish push

3 hours ago, Grimm said:

You're right, but if someone wants to be an impulse buyer and buy something without fully knowing what they are getting because it looks cool.   Guess what, it's on them if it's not what they expect.   We live in a world where advertising isn't always correct.  I work for a pop company, I know all too well.   

As for your car comment.   You don't walk in and just buy something without again research, and oh a test drive to see if you like it.

again you degrading it to likings. its not about likings. even if i test drove it its flaws might not come out on that 10 min driving but hours or days after ive bought it. it randomly stops (crashes) its fuel is leaking (dinos glitching out and get lost) etc etc etc... a bad product its a bad product no matter if its a game or a car, nothing i mean NOTHING that is sold to the customer should be this flawed... its not about likings...

In case of horse, I felt their art department was just bored or had nothing to do since lots of unreleased creatures are in Dev Kit already. Horse and lances were not needed to be honest. Horse maybe if they sold it to us with interesting mechanics and not disable them later in certain game modes... Looking at you kapro and megalosaurus grabbing in PVE. But lances? Not really, we already can use weapons from small creatures back.

You describe why a lot of Early Access games are in forever alpha state. Instead of using money developers earned to finish main product, they invest in side projects to earn more money. ARK:SE DLC fits into such thing.

10 minutes ago, vargata said:

again you degrading it to likings. its not about likings. even if i test drove it its flaws might not come out on that 10 min driving but hours or days after ive bought it. it randomly stops (crashes) its fuel is leaking (dinos glitching out and get lost) etc etc etc... a bad product its a bad product no matter if its a game or a car, nothing i mean NOTHING that is sold to the customer should be this flawed... its not about likings...

Wow, I didn't realize I was degrading stuff, or getting to a liking aspect (I guess I put the word like at the end of my comment about the car and you factored that into my whole reply.)   Regardless, the point is, not enough research was done on a product before it was bought.   Which sadly is a common problem and issue.   I myself have made that mistake with many games.   

16 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

In case of horse, I felt their art department was just bored or had nothing to do since lots of unreleased creatures are in Dev Kit already. Horse and lances were not needed to be honest. Horse maybe if they sold it to us with interesting mechanics and not disable them later in certain game modes... Looking at you kapro and megalosaurus grabbing in PVE. But lances? Not really, we already can use weapons from small creatures back.

You describe why a lot of Early Access games are in forever alpha state. Instead of using money developers earned to finish main product, they invest in side projects to earn more money. ARK:SE DLC fits into such thing.

They turned the grab function back on apparently in pve for the crapo I mean kapro and mega. Either way, they are egg layers for me. I have 0 use for them in my pve world. Why would I have a need to carry a 150 dodo back to a taming pen? Because chicken fights that's why!

I digress, either way I'm kind of excited for a jousting match, as dumb as it sounds, but I'm not excited about this forever alpha stage. 

You hit the nail on the head

12 minutes ago, Grimm said:

Wow, I didn't realize I was degrading stuff, or getting to a liking aspect (I guess I put the word like at the end of my comment about the car and you factored that into my whole reply.)   Regardless, the point is, not enough research was done on a product before it was bought.   Which sadly is a common problem and issue.   I myself have made that mistake with many games.   

Well buying something during EA affords 2 things. 1. To get a feel for what the game is, feels like and plays like. 2. To help devs find bugs, exploits, glitches, lag, DC issues etc. Unfortunately we as arkers get number 1. 

0 response to any of the lag/DC issues that xb1 users encounter day in and day out. Along with dupers and other buggy features. 

Archived