Ark Is Garbage, Do NOT buy it

AlphaPreacher

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, vargata said:

just answered this above yours :) yes, we gamers do our research but casuals usually dont. so, they might buy games based on a fancy picture of dinos... and yeah, your link works, the buy link from that page doesnt so its not a store page and not even linked to one. probably an old one or no idea but this was the reason sony dismissed wc just a few months ago. im wondering how they convinced them to finally release it lol, but if they did, they should do it honest.

You might want to go back up and look at the post you just replied to, again.  I edited before you replied.  :D

As for what people do, they need to be responsible for their own decisions, serious, casual, or what ever.

And, if you think Sony is misrepresenting the game, you might want to take it up with Sony.  Really, nothing else needs to be said, when you think about it.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

You might want to go back up and look at the post you just replied to, again.  I edited before you replied.  :D

i did that too :) 

As for what people do, they need to be responsible for their own decisions, serious, casual, or what ever.

well, imo reading the advertisement should be enough... misrepresentation is a crime, not accidentally (not like if i would think ark is that bad category but still)

And, if you think Sony is misrepresenting the game, you might want to take it up with Sony.  Really, nothing else needs to be said, when you think about it.

its not only sony that is misrepresenting it. no any store page warns that its not running and full of flaws and glitches. early access shouldnt mean that, it should only mean that there are features not implemented yet. whatever you sell should work properly, no matter if its a car a pcgame or a doll. pretty sad that so many accept bugridden craps to be sold to them just cos its marked early access...

just to avoid again missing your post, I put this here separately instead of editing, the forum might should merge posts if there are 2 from the same person after each...

i dont want you to misunderstand me, i dont hate this game, its beautiful and interesting, compared to how much i play i spend a lots of time with it, if wc would care a little more about AI (maybe it happens before release, who know) even just the single player would have already worth my money, but not everybody are the same. many people out lose their patience when something is not working and ark in not working most of the times. getting trapped in a rock, falling off your bird at dc (losing both your bird and your gear) or your dinos glitching into the ground and disappearing (and the support even refuse to help with it) etc etc etc are things that troubles even the most patient players. or that glitching underground and shooting you is allowed though its the flaw of the game but building there to be able to protect yourself is a reason to be wiped (omfg, EA level customer service) these are not features of an early access game, this is not alpha testing, this is a game sold for commercial price and thus it should be mostly bugfree. there are small bugs in every game but ark is horrible in this...

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, vargata said:

i did that too :) 

well, imo reading the advertisement should be enough... misrepresentation is a crime, not accidentally

its not only sony that is misrepresenting it. no any store page warns that its not running and full of flaws and glitches. early access shouldnt mean that, it should only mean that there are features not implemented yet. whatever you sell should work properly, no matter if its a car a pcgame or a doll. pretty sad that so many accept bugridden craps to be sold to them just cos its marked early access...

So, that line is at least two places.  So that is covered then.

But wait, I found it a 3rd time, after clicking on the PS4 Link for Ark from the SurviveTheArk home page:  https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/ark-survivor's-pack/cid=UP0691-CUSA06676_00-ARKPS4BUNDLE1001

The ARK: Survivor's Pack gives PS4 players a fully up-to-date version of ARK: Survival Evolved that includes all previously released content, plus Scorched Earth ARK's first Expansion Pack. This version includes exclusive PS4 content including a Bionic Giga skin plus an entire Manicore armor set for all male and female characters, and players will also receive regular game content updates. The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017. Tame, train, breed, and ride dinosaurs in the most exciting open-world action-adventure survival game ever created! As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements.

Use of PSN and SEN account are subject to the Terms of Service and User Agreement and applicable privacy policy (see terms at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service & sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/privacy-policy).
Online features may be terminated at any time.
*Online multiplayer requires a PlayStation®Plus membership. [/quote]

Also, from Ark's own announcement:

PS4 ARK players can expect to receive a constant stream of major updates between today and our ultimate “content complete” point next Spring. We plan on adding many more creatures, weapons, armour, game mechanics, as well as plenty lifestyle improvements (UI Update anyone?

;) )! Please keep in mind that by joining ARK, you’re joining a work-in-progress game with a passionate community of players, and true to its namesake the game will continue to “Evolve” over its long lifetime.

As for your definition of Early Access, that is your choice.  But when I bought it on Steam, I read the descriptions and warnings.  Again, I did my due diligence, took responsibility for my own decision, and purchased the game; and I have 0 regrets about that.  I was not tricked, mislead, mind washed, or anything else.  And, I refuse to try to change the terms of what I agreed to after the fact, as I find that to be, at a minimum, intellectually dishonest.

And again, as far as I know, Sony is responsible for what is on their site.  You can try to argue circles around that, but it does not make it any less true.

So, that line is at least two places.  So that is covered then.

But wait, I found it a 3rd time, after clicking on the PS4 Link for Ark from the SurviveTheArk home page:  https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/ark-survivor's-pack/cid=UP0691-CUSA06676_00-ARKPS4BUNDLE1001

ahh, i see now, the us site gives that but the uk site doesnt... so its just misrepresented on the en-gb site :) 

8 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

As for your definition of Early Access, that is your choice

its not my definition. all 4 sites only say it will grow with time not that it will get fixed up...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 hours ago, vargata said:

what that the game is riddled with bugs and unplayable? thats the best reason for refund

Oh by no means is the game "unplayable" otherwise no-one would be playing it... So your "reason" is a null and void one.

Especially if other consoles are running it due to them all being the same... So if one can, and does, the rest can... Otherwise if it is "unplayable" you're either overly sensitive, or simply having a problem with your console.

I get your frustrations.  I think we've all lost various items, dino's, and even buildings/bases due to the game being in EA.  It sucks and yeah it gets pretty old as well.  I mean the dino rebalancing was interesting too when they did that over a year ago I believe it was.  And there has been biome updates that partially or fully wiped bases, items being deleted due to a bug, stacks being limited due to people exploiting a dupe or whatever and thus others losing all those stacks of  fridges/gates/whatever.  

I don't even bother anymore to try and tame or breed things.  I know that something is going to happen and I am going to lose all that progress so why bother?  I like the game too, but I hardly want to invest much time into it at times due to these issues.  But all that said, Ark has been one of the most amazing and crazy fun times I have ever had in gaming!  Even when this game first came out it was incredible how large the world was, and how fun it was to tame, build, and even defend and fight others.  This game has been an incredible amount of fun and I have got my money out of it no doubt.  

1 hour ago, vargata said:

ahh, i see now, the us site gives that but the uk site doesnt... so its just misrepresented on the en-gb site :) 

its not my definition. all 4 sites only say it will grow with time not that it will get fixed up...

I'm being a bit pedantic here but that's not what happened, it's not really misrepresented (I hate it when things are misrepresented lol!) - you shared a (UK) link for the bundle which contains ARK and the dlc Scorched Earth. Had you have followed one of the(UK) links to the one of the two individual products you purchased as part of that bundle you would have found the information you were looking for.

I do think the bundle should probably have it written in the description though, seems a simple thing to change in order to avoid someone who doesn't look through to the actual game info page before purchasing feeling hard done by in future...

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Especially if other consoles are running it due to them all being the same... So if one can, and does, the rest can... Otherwise if it is "unplayable" you're either overly sensitive, or simply having a problem with your console.

everybody has different expectations, some can be entertained by a piece of wood in a sandbox, some need extreme things like bungee jumping and of course there are everybody else in between. what i want to say with it, just because losing everything for glitches and bugs is acceptable for you it doesnt mean that it is for everybody. you can call it oversensitive or as you please, imo it isnt at all. whats more, it should be the norm and then developers couldnt sell halfarsed works. (now im not talking about ark, though im nearly sure it will end up being a turd because AI wont get fixed but i might be wrong, there are plenty of other examples on the market already) i for one gave up playing ark the way it meant to be played and only wandering in cloths with low level tames and stone tools and if i lose something i can get a replacement in no time... why? because dinos glitch through the walls and kills and destroys everything inside, my dinos glitch through the walls and chase the enemy to never be found again, dinos glitch through the terrain to be swallowed by abyss, players glitch through the ground to kill you from ultimate protection and so on and so on and so on, i could bring examples filling the entire forum engine... these are things that for many makes the game completely unplayable, for me too for some extent.

3 minutes ago, thedogowl said:

I'm being a bit pedantic here but that's not what happened, it's not really misrepresented (I hate it when things are misrepresented lol!) - you shared a (UK) link for the bundle which contains ARK and the dlc Scorched Earth. Had you have followed one of the(UK) links to the one of the two individual products you purchased as part of that bundle you would have found the information you were looking for.

I do think the bundle should probably have it written in the description though, seems a simple thing to change in order to avoid someone who doesn't look through to the actual game info page before purchasing feeling hard done by in future...

now im really interested if the boxed versions state that its an early access game. does anybody have it?

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Oh damn, this is just getting silly...

You bought a game, and that game, is what it is... If you have heightened expectations, then you only have one person to blame, and that's yourself...

I really don't think there are boxed versions of this game at all... Are you seriously just grasping at straws in this?

I bought ARK just before Christmas and it didnt take a massive amount of research to find out the game was an early access version that we would be helping test etc.

When i read people moaning on here about the bugs, lag etc I do wonder what the expected for an early access, still in development game?  Let's be honest the pros of ARK far outweigh the cons, we all get annoyed at the lag, the rubber banding, the dino glitching but it will get better over time and the big reports are all part of that.

I lost 3 dinos last night to a bronto that wandered into our base on aggro and I wasn't sure if it was going to smash things up, yes it's frustrating but to be honest they were low level early tames and i have learnt through playing and reading up that they were always going to be "cannon fodder" and they will be replaced with better.

I have learned to play with the lag and rubber banding knowing that when it's all fixed I helped play a part in that by playing and reporting it during early access

Guest BubbaCrawfish
36 minutes ago, Awakatanka said:

The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017

Damn, I'd have thought that says it right there... O_o

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, Awakatanka said:

Indeed and i need to learn to reasd. My apologies i'm wrong 

You'll be right lol, just put that extra effort in when school starts again :P

But really, the biggest thing in all of this, is even though there may be bugs, and glitches with a game, it can still be the most crazy game you have... You just gotta learn to roll with the glitches and not get too attached to dinos.

Hell, when I started I was so spewing when someone killed my phiomias... Now that took a week to get over...

we've all been there... ;)

9 hours ago, vargata said:

again somebody who has no attentionspan enough to read the 5th word too... he complains about the game being a buggy turd, not that he has died.

Well if you get op slong out your mouth for more that 5 sec and read his full post that he understands op perfectly given people crap about something then doing it yourself very bright you are 

ARK loses its charms quite quickly when you realised only things game offers are: boring and tedious taming, building and breeding. After you built, tamed, bred what you want, you ask yourself... What now? Repeat everything again? You have nothing else to do. You will realise at this point eveything you've done in game is totally pointless, especially when pvp is not your thing. (playing around with mods is not the answear for repetitive vanilla gameplay)

Gameplay in ark is vast as an ocean and deep as a puddle. Terrible technical quality does not help either. I understood OP frustration, because some of those reasons made me quit ark and not recommanding this game to anyone till full release, if it has ever set in stone premiere date.

12 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

ARK loses its charms quite quickly when you realised only things game offers are: boring and tedious taming, building and breeding. After you built, tamed, bred what you want, you ask yourself... What now? Repeat everything again? You have nothing else to do. You will realise at this point eveything you've done in game is totally pointless, especially when pvp is not your thing. (playing around with mods is not the answear for repetitive vanilla gameplay)

Gameplay in ark is vast as an ocean and deep as a puddle. Terrible technical quality does not help either. I understood OP frustration, because some of those reasons made me quit ark and not recommanding this game to anyone till full release, if it has ever set in stone premiere date.

I empathise a little bit with this. If you don't play PvP then it does become a bit of a "build 'n tame" sim - but then you remember that there are bosses to prepare for and summon, so there's sort of an 'end' there already.

But yeah - there is still plenty of content to be added so I can completely understand getting frustrated with it and taking the break to see where things wind up. Hopefully the polish comes and it ends up being a great experience in whatever mode you choose to play.

54 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Quits arks...still lurks on forums to offer negative input. Good riddance :)  

This game is built for pvp primarily. Go play your zoo tycoon or SIMS.

10 hours ago, vargata said:

ohh come on, when i order brand new car that is advertised as a fully working new car please let me expect that its fully working :) gamers like us might do the research, casuals go to the supermarket, see a fancy game on the shelves and buy it. or they might not even play themselves but buy it for their relatives, friends etc... this is why advertising standards are set. 

You're right, but if someone wants to be an impulse buyer and buy something without fully knowing what they are getting because it looks cool.   Guess what, it's on them if it's not what they expect.   We live in a world where advertising isn't always correct.  I work for a pop company, I know all too well.   

As for your car comment.   You don't walk in and just buy something without again research, and oh a test drive to see if you like it.

In some countries, like mine (Italy) the game has absolutely NO mention of being an early access game on the playstation store. Nix. None. I've already opened a thread elsewhere about this, and btw found out that err.. wildcard let do the translation to a .. crowd translation service :S which is mind-boggling and legally can mean an ocean of troubles.

Anyway, I am a father with little kids. so I can imagine what it could happen to other families buying games for Christmas on the psn: daaad look at that trailer!! Yeah cool let's buy it!!! then you are thrown into a game with no guidance at all, no tutorial, not even a hint of what you should do, stuttering framerate, bugs, full servers, griefers..

I love the game, but I work in the game industry so all this poop is not bothering me much and I knew it was on Early Access, but many many people won't because its not even written anywhere.

ark is crowd translated (face palm)

https://crowdin.com/project/ark-survival-evolved

2 minutes ago, ken81 said:

In some countries, like mine (Italy) the game has absolutely NO mention of being an early access game on the playstation store. Nix. None. I've already opened a thread elsewhere about this, and btw found out that err.. wildcard let do the translation to a .. crowd translation service :S which is mind-boggling and legally can mean an ocean of troubles.

Anyway, I am a father with little kids. so I can imagine what it could happen to other families buying games for Christmas on the psn: daaad look at that trailer!! Yeah cool let's buy it!!! then you are thrown into a game with no guidance at all, no tutorial, not even a hint of what you should do, stuttering framerate, bugs, full servers, griefers..

I love the game, but I work in the game industry so all this poop is not bothering me much and I knew it was on Early Access, but many many people won't because its not even written anywhere.

We keep going back to this point.. if it is not advertised as such on PS4 then they should be taken up about it. 

I play on xbox and it was clearly advertised as early access all over the store menu and when clicking on it. Before purchasing, it makes you confirm you are aware you are buying a game that is not complete. 

14 minutes ago, At0mic109 said:

We keep going back to this point.. if it is not advertised as such on PS4 then they should be taken up about it. 

I play on xbox and it was clearly advertised as early access all over the store menu and when clicking on it. Before purchasing, it makes you confirm you are aware you are buying a game that is not complete. 

Now don't hold me to this but I'm fairly sure part of getting it released on psn was to take off the early access tag from the game as sonys idea of a EA game is a fully finished title, also helped with that full asking price there charging! 

I could of got the game on pc and xbox for less then the psn asking price feelsbadman

Archived