Ark Is Garbage, Do NOT buy it

AlphaPreacher

This may be an issue of the OP not being able to read. It also could be a directly related to the OP not being able to comprehend what EA means and all the things they mentioned would be a problem including but not limited to.

Dc'ing

Losing tames/items

Losing characters

Bugs,glitches

Server down time,

Unforseen rollbacks

Whiney kids who cant read and or comprehend the Giant wall of text you are greeted with when purchasing the game.

I say to you,

Good Day sir, good day!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

It's still not a reason to be calling for a refund.

what that the game is riddled with bugs and unplayable? thats the best reason for refund

1 hour ago, Airthrow said:

Early Access. Let's say it together, now. Early Access

well, its only an excuse for those whose name shouldnt be mentioned... 

2 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Just because the game has been released on multiple platforms does not change the state of it being a game in development, nor does it mean that the game is in a fully released state. There's no magic handbook of game development that says a game being developed should be confined to one platform.

oO... Am I right or Am I right with saying on ps4 there are NO early access games. there is nothing on ps4 store page about this being an unfinished unpolished bugriddled crap. there its a full release...

10 minutes ago, vargata said:

what that the game is riddled with bugs and unplayable? thats the best reason for refund

well, its only an excuse for those whose name shouldnt be mentioned... 

No. A refund is not deserved. If I buy a hamburger from McDonald's and want a refund because it has meat and a bun, that makes no sense. I knew what it was when I purchased.

It's like buying something that was final sale because it was damaged then wanting a refund because it was damaged.

It's clearly labeled.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, vargata said:

oO... Am I right or Am I right with saying on ps4 there are NO early access games. there is nothing on ps4 store page about this being an unfinished unpolished bugriddled crap. there its a full release...

There are early access games. I'm not privy to their policies regarding greenlighting, but the mere fact that they accepted 7 days to die on ps4 (yet another early access game) before they did ARK would disprove said notion.

8 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

There are early access games. I'm not privy to their policies regarding greenlighting, but the mere fact that they accepted 7 days to die on ps4 (yet another early access game) before they did ARK would disprove said notion.

no, it does not, a game is sold as early access if its marked on the store page as early access, how the hell otherwise the customer should know about it? that sony have accepted the game it doesnt mean its ok... sony is not on a moral highground any more than EA so... yeah, i guess a complaint is well deserved.

*Oh I die 8 times on here lost all my stuff boo woo  * Honestly I die much more than you really lag to fighting dino that I shouldn't be fighting at all and much more to the point death is nothing  but chance you can rebuild My first three day on ark for the first time was on boat nothing but a boat because land claiming people use to do before. You're whining because you're not getting the same as a youtuber experiences. Sorry but that not how it work on official we just gotten double most of the times not 6 times the rate. You shouldn't be buying anytype of game like this if you're going to complain about those issues if you want to tell the devs that problem they might be wanting to fix that in the patch. Otherwise man up.

Just now, AkiraMysticMoon said:

*Oh I die 8 times on here lost all my stuff boo woo  * Honestly I die much more than you really lag to fighting dino that I shouldn't be fighting at all and much more to the point death is nothing  but chance you can rebuild My first three day on ark for the first time was on boat nothing but a boat because land claiming people use to do before. You're whining because you're not getting the same as a youtuber experiences. Sorry but that not how it work on official we just gotten double most of the times not 6 times the rate. You shouldn't be buying anytype of game like this if you're going to complain about those issues if you want to tell the devs that problem they might be wanting to fix that in the patch. Otherwise man up.

again somebody who has no attentionspan enough to read the 5th word too... he complains about the game being a buggy turd, not that he has died.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, vargata said:

no, it does not, a game is sold as early access if its marked on the store page as early access, how the hell otherwise the customer should know about it? that sony have accepted the game it doesnt mean its ok... sony is not on a moral highground any more than EA so... yeah, i guess a complaint is well deserved.

I fail to see what Electronic Arts has to do with anything here. I'm debunking the whole "Sony has no early access games" mythos by pointing out that they have accepted and sold games that are marked as Early Access games on Steam before they even had ARK in their market.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

I fail to see what Electronic Arts has to do with anything here. I'm debunking the whole "Sony has no early access games" mythos by pointing out that they have accepted and sold games that are marked as Early Access games on Steam before they even had ARK in their market.

EA is simply the trademark of unfairness :) nothing more, nothing less, haha
you are not debunking anything, sony has no early access, that they sell early access games as full releases is an other question. (its unfair like EA :P ) Ive just checked the sony store and i was right, its marked as a released game, not a word about it being early access, unfinished or anything else. now if i would have the game on ps4 it would mean a report at ASA both for WC and Sony... i might just buy it though i dont even have a ps4 :) 

1 minute ago, vargata said:

again somebody who has no attentionspan enough to read the 5th word too... he complains about the game being a buggy turd, not that he has died.

47 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Dc'ing

Losing tames/items

Losing characters

Bugs,glitches

Server down time,

Unforseen rollbacks

This stuff will happen so much it hardly to blame the game. The dev team is spread a bit much in all direction.

But this happen to other users as well before ps4 edition release to their market this happen any game. Remember Halo Reach when all those player came on was buggy to all hell. 

As for this issue dc that might be to do having to many devices using the network at once. Or to far away from the device range.

Losing a character maybe not click new survivor. 

server being down that will happen regardless .

as for rollbacks yea they will happen that due to exploiting bugs for gains.

1 minute ago, vargata said:

also checked steam and xbox stores and though they state that the game is early acces they only state that it has missing content and features not that its not working... any complaint about the quality of the game IS completely VALID!

Wow someone thinking that they know everything that goes on. Sorry but the more factors that would make you valid invalid.

3 minutes ago, vargata said:

EA is simply the trademark of unfairness :) nothing more, nothing less, haha
you are not debunking anything, sony has no early access, that they sell early access games as full releases is an other question. (its unfair like EA :P ) Ive just checked the sony store and i was right, its marked as a released game, not a word about it being early access, unfinished or anything else. now if i would have the game on ps4 it would mean a report at ASA both for WC and Sony... i might just buy it though i dont even have a ps4 :) 

Your very first sentence holds enough truth to warrant a thumbs up. couldn't have said it better myself. 

Just now, BloodyMess said:

Ark is fun and addicting, sucks when you get garbage server with rude and hostile alpha though.

Welcome to the game I'm sure you might not know this but if you went to any other game like so that live 24/7 access and people wanting to control something they will do it on any game out there. Sorry to burst your bubble of ever enjoying to the fullest but you will have those people.

• Volunteer Moderator
53 minutes ago, vargata said:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/ark-survivors-pack-ps4/

The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017.

1 hour ago, vargata said:

A person could also do a bit of research into a game before going off and buying it.    By doing that, hell even checking into these forums could they have seen that there are indeed issues with the game.  That therefore could have allowed them to know what they were getting into before purchasing it.   

41 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

lol, thats not the store page, it seems they did hide that info on a remote island... the store page is this (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/ark-survival-evolved-survivor's-pack/cid=EP0688-CUSA06782_00-ARKPS4BUNDLE0001?emcid=ps-we-5-89521):

Jump in now to play the definitive online dinosaur survival experience! The ARK: Survivor's Pack gives PS4™ players a fully up-to-date version of ARK: Survival Evolved - Founder's Edition that includes all previously released content, plus ARK's first expansion pack Scorched Earth. Explore the world alone or team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape! A steady cadence of new content will be coming to this ever expanding world ensuring players hundreds of hours exploring, crafting and surviving in a living, breathing game world full of danger and adventure.

1-2 players
Network Players 2-64
25GB minimum save size
HD Video Output 720p,1080p

Download of this product is subject to the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and our Software Usage Terms plus any specific additional conditions applying to this product. If you do not wish to accept these terms, do not download this product. See Terms of Service for more important information.
One-time licence fee to download to multiple PS4 systems. Sign in to PlayStation Network is not required to use this on your primary PS4, but is required for use on other PS4 systems.
See Health Warnings for important health information before using this product.
Library programs ©Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. exclusively licensed to Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Software Usage Terms apply, See eu.playstation.com/legal for full usage rights.

Copyright 2016 Studio Wildcard

and no word about the game not being released... aaaaand, well, thats a dead link, clicking on buy it gives a 404 error. they might had the intention though, :) thats something

2 minutes ago, Grimm said:

A person could also do a bit of research into a game before going off and buying it.    By doing that, hell even checking into these forums could they have seen that there are indeed issues with the game.  That therefore could have allowed them to know what they were getting into before purchasing it.   

ohh come on, when i order brand new car that is advertised as a fully working new car please let me expect that its fully working :) gamers like us might do the research, casuals go to the supermarket, see a fancy game on the shelves and buy it. or they might not even play themselves but buy it for their relatives, friends etc... this is why advertising standards are set. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, vargata said:

Link works for me.  And, if found it by going to www.playstation.com and typing Ark into the Search box.  That was it.  Hmm...

And, when it comes to buying products, I actually do my due diligence, and would never buy something based on a simplistic store page, especially for something that has many sources of information.

ETA:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/ark-survival-evolved-founder's-edition/cid=EP0688-CUSA06782_00-ARKSEGAME0000000?emcid=ps-we-5-89521

Went to your link, put in a birth date, and found this.  Due diligence...and in 5 seconds.

The Founder's Edition gives PS4™ players a fully up-to-date version of ARK: Survival Evolved that includes all previously released content. This version includes exclusive PS4™ content including a Bionic Giga skin plus an entire Manticore armor set for all male and female characters, and players will also receive regular game content updates.

The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017.

16 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Link works for me.  And, if found it by going to www.playstation.com and typing Ark into the Search box.  That was it.  Hmm...

And, when it comes to buying products, I actually do my due diligence, and would never buy something based on a simplistic store page, especially for something that has many sources of information.

just answered this above yours :) yes, we gamers do our research but casuals usually dont. so, they might buy games based on a fancy picture of dinos... and yeah, your link works, the buy link from that page doesnt so its not a store page and not even linked to one. probably an old one or no idea but this was the reason sony dismissed wc just a few months ago. im wondering how they convinced them to finally release it lol, but if they did, they should do it honest.

16 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

hmm, though thats an other game and surely havent got from my link :) (i mean an other version, thats the founder edition, missing the expansion), it really has that line, well, things might change, it was always against policy to release unfinished games on sony, now it seems that the store page of the full version is just mistakenly missing this info... (or not but hey, that would be a conspiracy theory :) )

Archived