Ark Is Garbage, Do NOT buy it

AlphaPreacher

Don't buy this game. It is a waste of money. The game is so laggy and glitchy. I've lost my gear about 8 times due to the game not dropping my pack when I died. Eventhough I knew exactly the spot where I dided and have had Tribe mates with me standing where I died with nothing dropped. It just falls into the abyss. With how many crashes, lagg outs and glitches are in the game it should of been a free download. This game is not worth the $55 in any way shape or form. It's trash. Do Not Buy it

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
17 minutes ago, Igloo said:

Stop. The game has a full release right now on all platforms not just steam, when gamers buy a game for full retail price they expect it to work right. They dont care about EA.

Really? Where's the release announcement?

• Volunteer Moderator
59 minutes ago, Igloo said:

Stop. The game has a full release right now on all platforms not just steam, when gamers buy a game for full retail price they expect it to work right. They dont care about EA.

Just because the game has been released on multiple platforms does not change the state of it being a game in development, nor does it mean that the game is in a fully released state. There's no magic handbook of game development that says a game being developed should be confined to one platform.

1 hour ago, Igloo said:

Perhaps you should have considered buying the game on a platform that offers refund in case you weren't satisfied with it?

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, Giveaway412 said:

Perhaps you should have considered buying the game on a platform that offers refund in case you weren't satisfied with it?

There are criteria for refunds, and not liking it, isn't one of them...

Hell, youtube has so many videos of gameplay that you'd be able to see what you are buying, and just because you died, or lost, isn't a valid reason to be looking for a refund.

4 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

There are criteria for refunds, and not liking it, isn't one of them...

Hell, youtube has so many videos of gameplay that you'd be able to see what you are buying, and just because you died, or lost, isn't a valid reason to be looking for a refund.

can you even read? lol, he wasnt talking about that he died but that his pack glitched into the endless depth and was inaccessible...

Aww boo boo you probably would have lost that stuff anyway. I couldn't tell you how many times I've lost stuff in this game. Lost my only 100% imprinted ptera when i dc'd killing an alpha. I've lagged out and fallen through the map many a time. Lost some extremely good gear too. But I took my licks and GOT BETTER. Avoided things that caused me to lag out.

The game is fantastic, conceptually, and I have faith that wildcard will eventually figure it all out. I'll be here until then as well. Bought the game on Xbox and pc. No regrets even though I don't even play pc

1 hour ago, AlphaPreacher said:

Don't buy this game. It is a waste of money. The game is so laggy and glitchy. I've lost my gear about 8 times due to the game not dropping my pack when I died. Eventhough I knew exactly the spot where I dided and have had Tribe mates with me standing where I died with nothing dropped. It just falls into the abyss. With how many crashes, lagg outs and glitches are in the game it should of been a free download. This game is not worth the $55 in any way shape or form. It's trash. Do Not Buy it

Stop your whining  OMG.. You did purchase the game at the full price knowing it's not fully released. It's still beta mode. Game dhould release in spring stated by Jat. Play it then. You'll  see it will be better. If not complain then. Mean time don't play or play. I don't care,but you people need to stop your, "Mommy I need my pacifier ." This generation has become nothing more than spoiled,and un thankful bunch of COMPLAINERS. Ark Wildcard. Keep pushing forward. Can't wait until official  release. #Ark4life

Guest BubbaCrawfish
18 minutes ago, vargata said:

can you even read? lol, he wasnt talking about that he died but that his pack glitched into the endless depth and was inaccessible...

It's still not a reason to be calling for a refund.

Only $55?  At least its not like most of the triple A games that release that are stripped down and they sell you the original content as DLC.  Like others are saying this is early access, says right on the title screen it may not run right, lag or crash.  It does have issues, you can lose stuff under the map, but think about how that situation pops up...  You died in a survival game,  dont say the game is bad because your bad at the game.

2 hours ago, AlphaPreacher said:

I've been playing the PC version for over a year.   I've seen plenty of glitches, have sat through trying to connect, hell even the disconnects.   Guess what, I'm still around.   I did my research and realized I was not buying a finished product.  Rather than bashing it and stating it's garbage, do what part of your post said and post the glitch, and lag, etc into the proper places.   It's proper reporting like that, that helps them lock down and identify the issue.   Go into detailed description.  Did it happen on a raft, was it that you fell off your bird and then glitched into the ground.  Where did it happen at?  Roughly from what height would you guess.   Any sort of details you can provide.  It could be a spot on the map that is causing it.  (Of course, all those I have mentioned are known about, or at least I have seen posted.)  But for all we know, there could be an even bigger bug that is causing those issues that again I'm sure they are working on.  

What I would offer is like some of the others have said.   You bought the game already, go take a break, give it a few weeks and see if the next patch coming up fixes a few of the issues you are having.  When the game does finally get released or enters beta phase (The bug squashing and balancing phase.  I'm sure others will correct me and feel free to.) then come back to it, as I'm sure it will be much more playable.   What I can say is that the bag glitch as of right now isn't going anywhere, so might as well get used to it.   

Good luck!

Archived