Server Transfers Coming to Primitive+ on Jan 15,2017??

darkfelt

8 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Cept we both know this isn't true, you're just spitting out hyperbole. You claimed to have trumped 3 "zerg" tribes, so then obviously zergs aren't a problem, and I am in the processes of PvPing a Chinese tribe that exploits to no end who have more numbers than us. As I said, maybe you need to go play on a custom server or PvE server or learn to be more social and make more friends, Idk, and frankly I don't care cause that's your problem because it sounds like you want to live on a PvP server in peace or something.

I did not say I trumped them I say I outlasted them. And for months and months server population was max 7 people. And only few days ago we hit a record of 37 people online, probably because of the mention in the digest. And as far as I see no P+ server has a population that they could brag about. 
As I said, if PvP in this game is you trying to defeat big zerg tribe, maybe it should be in the description of the game as you think it's the intended way to play it.

4 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

I just killed a few chinese who had ascendent pikes, muskets, and full sets of journeyman iron armor in primitive effin leather by catching them with bolas. Also sniped down their ascendent platform saddled bronto with longbows. Sounds like you need to learn how to PvP which is again, your problem.

If they are so bad that they get bola'ed how the hell are you still fighting them... And pvp with brontos against players (facepalm).

5 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

I did not say I trumped them I say I outlasted them. And for months and months server population was max 7 people. And only few days ago we hit a record of 37 people online, probably because of the mention in the digest. And as far as I see no P+ server has a population that they could brag about. 
As I said, if PvP in this game is you trying to defeat big zerg tribe, maybe it should be in the description of the game as you think it's the intended way to play it.

If they are so bad that they get bola'ed how the hell are you still fighting them... And pvp with brontos against players (facepalm).

Now I know why you're so against transfers, you literally don't have the slightest idea of how to PvP in ARK. You really should hit up a PvE server.

As I said, maybe you just need to learn to make more friends, would help if those friends knew how to actually PvP since you clearly don't seem to grasp it. You had a server population of 7 max? And you couldn't do anything against them? I mean the more you explain your situation, the more it becomes apparent that 1) you know really nothing about PvPing well and 2) you need to learn to make friends.

25 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Now I know why you're so against transfers, you literally don't have the slightest idea of how to PvP in ARK. You really should hit up a PvE server.

As I said, maybe you just need to learn to make more friends, would help if those friends knew how to actually PvP since you clearly don't seem to grasp it. You had a server population of 7 max? And you couldn't do anything against them? I mean the more you explain your situation, the more it becomes apparent that 1) you know really nothing about PvPing well and 2) you need to learn to make friends.

Holy raptor dude... The population stayed poop after they were destroyed too. Nobody wants to play multiplayer on server where there is 2 people and 7 on peaks.
The more you talk the more I see all you want to do is abuse the transfers to get rid PvP servers of these casual noobs who are not worthy to play the game they bought. 

As I said. They really need to get that label on ARK steam page. So you don't have to deal with noobs playing this game in little tribes not 24/7.

Oh, and sorry for thinking that players who: have insane gear and probably insane pteras get bola'ed, go pvp with dino which has one of the largest hitbox and is slow as fck and can't scout for god damn traps before bringing giga in, are bad. 

16 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Holy raptor dude... The population stayed poop after they were destroyed too. Nobody wants to play multiplayer on server where there is 2 people and 7 on peaks.
The more you talk the more I see all you want to do is abuse the transfers to get rid PvP servers of these casual noobs who are not worthy to play the game they bought. 

As I said. They really need to get that label on ARK steam page. So you don't have to deal with noobs playing this game in little tribes not 24/7.

Yeah, no one wants to accept that if you're bad at PvP or playing, you know, a SURVIVAL game on PVP server, that you will eventually be wiped, many times. If that is what they AREN'T looking for, and I'm not sure if you know this so I'll just point it out to you and anyone else who may read this, but they made is possible for people to *gasp* host their own servers! They also have official PvE servers where you don't have to worry about big ol' alpha tribes coming to wipe you! There's even a single player option!

Playing on a PvP server isn't suppose to be an ezpz hand-holding safe space haven. It's a PVP SURVIVAL server, you're going to be wiped, many, many times, especially if you're an antisocial loner. Best you/they accept that now and if that's not acceptable, instead of begging WC to dumb down the game enough and give you safe space you could, you know, go to where you'd be accepted by your own kind, a carebear PvE server, because that is what it looks like you're looking for.

26 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Yeah, no one wants to accept that if you're bad at PvP or playing, you know, a SURVIVAL game on PVP server, that you will eventually be wiped, many times. If that is what they AREN'T looking for, and I'm not sure if you know this so I'll just point it out to you and anyone else who may read this, but they made is possible for people to *gasp* host their own servers! They also have official PvE servers where you don't have to worry about big ol' alpha tribes coming to wipe you! There's even a single player option!

Playing on a PvP server isn't suppose to be an ezpz hand-holding safe space haven. It's a PVP SURVIVAL server, you're going to be wiped, many, many times, especially if you're an antisocial loner. Best you/they accept that now and if that's not acceptable, instead of begging WC to dumb down the game enough and give you safe space you could, you know, go to where you'd be accepted by your own kind, a carebear PvE server, because that is what it looks like you're looking for.

...yeah people will learn PvP in PvE. Ok. But... but you can host your server... we just need more of your money. This will be great marketing for the game on release. "Play 24/7 or play PvE" Ahh... love it.

Do you even realize what you are saying? You are saying that in the CORE game (which is PvP, PvE is a modification) you are very unlikely to explore any content that is not involved with PvP. Or you can explore it after you dominated the server, blocked all the transfer points and can safely do whatever you want... 

10 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Instead of begging WC to dumb down the game enough and give you safe space you could, you know, go to where you'd be accepted by your own kind, a carebear PvE server, because that is what it looks like you're looking for.

They could actually make it so that you can host an XB1 server remotely rather than requiring you to have an additional XBox.  I think it's very much time for them to allow this.  It would solve a lot of the woes of the server transfers personally.  Simply put, if you don't want to play on a PvE server that allows transfers you can run your own.

3 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

Yeah I read his (Ced's) not on twitter that you'll be able to "pick them up" but I'm very leary that this will actually be the case.  For example in a normal sequence you remove the bottom building block you lose everything above it.  That means you've got to pick up every single item in a wall and "re-place" said wall.  My dinosaur pen has probably 528 brick walls, and 352 ceilings.  Do I have to pull them all down and restart the entire building to ensure that the snap points work?

I am assuming that you are going to have to disassemble it completely. Piece by piece. I imagine that if you pick up a bottom block, you'll risk causing a chain reaction of destruction above it, much like destroying a lower wall would do. He'd have to create a brand new mechanic to the game in order to be able to pick up a large chunk at once.

20 minutes ago, Akule said:

I am assuming that you are going to have to disassemble it completely. Piece by piece. I imagine that if you pick up a bottom block, you'll risk causing a chain reaction of destruction above it, much like destroying a lower wall would do. He'd have to create a brand new mechanic to the game in order to be able to pick up a large chunk at once.

Yup that's my worry

1 hour ago, TheSpirit said:

...yeah people will learn PvP in PvE. Ok. But... but you can host your server... we just need more of your money. This will be great marketing for the game on release. "Play 24/7 or play PvE" Ahh... love it.

Do you even realize what you are saying? You are saying that in the CORE game (which is PvP, PvE is a modification) you are very unlikely to explore any content that is not involved with PvP. Or you can explore it after you dominated the server, blocked all the transfer points and can safely do whatever you want... 

Blah blah blah, just see more crying here.

You don't need to pay extra to host a server. You can use your own computer.

Why aren't you able to explore? Are you telling me you are dying within a couple seconds of spawning every time you spawn? Yes, you are unlikely to be able to do much if you are really bad at PvP unless you find a low pop server that isn't so hostile. Much like you shouldn't expect to live long if you build on a coast. Tons and tons of servers out there that don't have hostile alpha tribes. I'm not sure why you keep spitting out this crappy hyperbole like it's completely the norm to have one tribe control like 500 servers or some poop killing everyone on site, that's really not the case, and you know it. There aren't that many mega tribes, I myself have never actually run in to one and I've been playing for awhile, so they can't be that common. Seems like you're just parroting reddit or something, or had one run in and think that's how it is everywhere, it's not, so quit hyping it up like it is.

I'm saying you need to join a PvE server so you can be free from getting wiped since that's all you seem to want to do, build without worry of actual PvP or the slightest chance of being wiped and being able to explore with zero chance of dying to other people. Also you can't block beacons anymore, sorry to inform you. I'm hunted every day by the Chinese alpha, I am still able to pretty much explore anywhere I want. We've unblocked some caves and put tons of pillars up to keep them from just reblocking super easy. Every time you post you make it seem more and more like you hate absolutely any kind of struggle, you really need to get yourself on a PvE server. Struggle is what SURVIVAL is all about. You must be one of the participation trophy generation kids or something to not understand this.

32 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Why aren't you able to explore? Are you telling me you are dying within a couple seconds of spawning every time you spawn? Yes, you are unlikely to be able to do much if you are really bad at PvP unless you find a low pop server that isn't so hostile. Much like you shouldn't expect to live long if you build on a coast. Tons and tons of servers out there that don't have hostile alpha tribes

My point exactly against transfers.

33 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

I'm not sure why you keep spitting out this crappy hyperbole like it's completely the norm to have one tribe control like 500 servers or some poop killing everyone on site, that's really not the case, and you know it.

20, 500 same poop. yeah.

34 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

I'm saying you need to join a PvE server so you can be free from getting wiped since that's all you seem to want to do, build without worry of actual PvP or the slightest chance of being wiped and being able to explore with zero chance of dying to other people. Also you can't block beacons anymore, sorry to inform you. I'm hunted every day by the Chinese alpha, I am still able to pretty much explore anywhere I want. We've unblocked some caves and put tons of pillars up to keep them from just reblocking super easy. 

I never said I have anything against being wiped. I accept it as a part of game, because I have been playing for this long. Sorry to say, but this is only your straw man.
You got me on blocking, I don't have any experience on that as I play P+. Still... I think some blockage could be arranged.

38 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Every time you post you make it seem more and more like you hate absolutely any kind of struggle, you really need to get yourself on a PvE server. Struggle is what SURVIVAL is all about. You must be one of the participation trophy generation kids or something to not understand this.

Straw man again. All I said is that kind of PvP (which is mostly offline, unless you are part of big tribe) will not go well for new players. I don't want ARK to be a flop on release, like NMS. Promise of PvP that requires skill and yet provides just two options of zerging or guerilla war, seems kind of boring. Even more boring when you consider that because of PvP dangers you can't see game content. 
Now if you want to talk about me (which for some reason you do) I would love some action, that is why everybody is building on the server I'm on without any interference. When they are ready they will want to dictate the status quo and will attack. And we will have some fun killing each other and one of us will be wiped. I see it as pretty fair, so I like it, noobs get a chance to learn and I get some action. Fair deal.
And transfers would first raptor the weak and they will leave and after a while I will lose too. And here we are again back in a unpopulated server that nobody wants to play in. 

It is blatantly evident that server transfers mostly benefit large powerful tribes who have end game gear and dinos and want to use those things to overwhelmingly grief people on other servers. 

I see some benefit from being able to move servers, but there needs to be a higher cost to transfers or a 30 day limit per server or something. 

We're preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. P+ has kept our attention for many months now, but I don't know that we'll stick around long if the griefers come in mass.

Archived