Allosaurs are Beautiful - Large/Multiple Photos

Scotty8319

If you're on slow internet or limited data, you might want to turn around. I'm not sure the size of these photos or how long they may take to load. Fair warning. 

I know Allos can be a complete pain in the butt, and they spawn in areas they shouldn't - like inside peoples perimeter fencing or even in their buildings, laying waste to their favorite pets or newest tames. Not to mention they are ruthless killers that give no mercy, love to gang up in massive numbers sometimes hitting 10 or more individuals, and appoint their own super moody pack members as the alphas that will eat your face the hardest.  But all that aside, they can be very striking to look at.

I've been wanting to start tinkering with Allos and trying to breed some colour mutations, so I was looking over my adults and realized that even with no mutations, they are very pretty dinosaurs. They are a good sized animal too which helps when admiring colours, and with the alpha aura rising from some it can really add to their looks.

Thought I'd share some of my natural colours. I would love to see some of your allos as well, either naturally coloured or mutations through breeding. Feel free to share if you want to! :)

q9m1ncN.jpg

jFg2X5B.jpg

UiV2amv.jpg

7qL7Q8u.jpg

7oDvmDQ.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jamagh said:

Other day I was flying around and saw an all white female. Never thought they would be all white. Just a beautiful allo.

Omg I bet that was a gorgeous one!  I love the albinos and all-white dinos. I love that cream coloured one in my photos. She is so far the lightest coloured one I have. Hoping she passes that natural colour down into some babies.

1 minute ago, Awakatanka said:

I love them and hate them. I always to catch one

I know what you mean!  I'm lucky in that they rarely visit my base, but some others on my server have been having issues with them spawning INSIDE buildings. :( I would be heartbroken if I logged in and saw death messages on all my pets from a glitchy wild allosaurus. I get way too attached to them.

10 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

I drown them every chance I get.... I've seen packs of 15 or more... they are cockroaches of the server... mean freaking fast cockroaches... but damn they are good looking.

15, geez!  I've seen 10 in one group but that was the most. SO glad I was on a wyvern that day. If they would have seen me on the ground, I would have been kissing my butt goodbye for sure.

10 minutes ago, Savage220 said:

Those are nice ones!  Its a shame once again I cant share my mutated one with you.  Some bright red scales would look sharp on some of those you have!

Bah I know! Darn the console and pc segregation. lol.  Ah well, maybe someday Ill have a fancy allo mutation to share. I've hatched a few eggs but nothing of interest yet. Planning on trying some close inbreeding to see if that speeds anything along or not. 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Scotty8319 said:

15, geez!  I've seen 10 in one group but that was the most. SO glad I was on a wyvern that day. If they would have seen me on the ground, I would have been kissing my butt goodbye for sure.

Bah I know! Darn the console and pc segregation. lol.  Ah well, maybe someday Ill have a fancy allo mutation to share. I've hatched a few eggs but nothing of interest yet. Planning on trying some close inbreeding to see if that speeds anything along or not. 

Yes 15 its very common on the pvp officials server I'm on to see 6-15 running to gather but 15 is the most I've seen so far. They love river ne that Leeds to red woods.. I shoot one from the boat and drag them into the sea.... they drown.. it's so much fun I'm addicted too it... I feel it's my duty to keep the population at bay. Even alpha tribe leaves me alone for doing it lol..

sometimes i I just run them into the water... sometimes they catch me sometimes not... the mini games we create for ourselves in life.... priceless 

1 minute ago, Savage220 said:

Here are two pics of my allo's with their red mutation.

He was the original with the mutation and you can see one of his offspring in background with the red:

Screenshot-Original-2.png

Here is one of his offspring that got a diff color belly:

Screenshot-Original-1.png

Omg those are incredible!!  110% jealous right now!  Very very nice ones.

I should bookmark this for later to share my 3 favorite Allo, granted we use admin commands to mark the Allo as our own on our server, so they arent the most natural of colors, but they are all naturally occurring on Allo, (used the selection of dino colors from the admin commands) But one is a beautiful black skin with dark red scales and under belly, one is the exact opposite of that, and the third of my personal ones is white skin with dark red scales and underbelly (wanted on that looked like an alpha). Then we have a dark purple one with black scales and belly, dino yellos skin with dino blue scales and belly, and our nightmare one, the ugliest of all allo, pink skin with powder blue scales and belly, ill post photos later, just so you can see them, they are gorgeous, even if they are a little cheated, Though we do hold events where prizes are varied, but recoloring is one of them to make a dino special.

A while back I tried to tame a 135 female. Killed off the rest fo the pack, and started darting her. Guy in the tribe on that server I am in was helping. Suddenly another pack shows up, punts him off a cliff killing him and then his ptera. I ended up leaving after that due to the just sheer horror of that. Came back about three hours later and landed next to the river. Not even near them. I look across the river and see this nasty 135 female and her new pack heading towards me. I guess they remember you and hunt you every time you come back to that area.

Reason i wanted her was she had black scales and the rest of her was a cream colour.

White and red on anything is an impressive colour combination, in my opinion. I've always wanted a white/albino/alpha-type Parasaur. No reason other than I think it would look pretty cool.  Allosaurs though, they definitely seem to take the cake in the combinations with those large scales. 

Hatching out 4 eggs today, hoping for mutations but haven't been lucky yet! We'll see. :D

Oh, love Alloses and breed them. Unfortunately, I don't have any screenshots of them, only their stats as that's what I've been mostly focusing on.

I'm trying to breed in interesting colours too, and I have one allo with a red belly and another with red sides, which are my base for a red allo. So far, I have a sand coloured one (I can get an entirely sand coloured one if I want as I have that colour on the back too) with a dark, wine-red/brown back; a black one (or as dark as they can get) but with a dark grey-brown back, here I want a mint coloured back (like on your second picture); a dark green one with a reddish brow back... I have too bloody many...

Oh, I must ask, how did you add the pictures to your post? I can see that they're posted on Imgur but how did you insert them? Did you use [/img] or something?

1 hour ago, TotallyUncool said:

Oh, I must ask, how did you add the pictures to your post? I can see that they're posted on Imgur but how did you insert them? Did you use [/img] or something?

I wish you had screenshots! Some of those sound awesome!  As for posting the photos, I used the "insert other media" option and linked from imgur.com.  I tried linking from gyazo (another screen capture / image hosting site) but none of the images seemed to show in the post. Imgur so far has worked fine.

17 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Personally My favorite Allo color is the black body and the Gold scaling it's just mean looking... Though there are some pretty nice pics here.  I just like the black and gold.. lol

I haven't seen a black and gold yet but it sounds great!!  I found myself browsing the hillsides looking for more allos this morning to tame just for the colour factor. lol. Didnt find any worth messing with, but now I'm addicted and need more colours!

42 minutes ago, Scotty8319 said:

I wish you had screenshots! Some of those sound awesome!  As for posting the photos, I used the "insert other media" option and linked from imgur.com.  I tried linking from gyazo (another screen capture / image hosting site) but none of the images seemed to show in the post. Imgur so far has worked fine.

I am extremely tempted to log in and download the entire bunch just to take screenshots of them... Yeah, I'll do that and post some of them here.

Oh, I need to test that out. Hopefully, it'll work for me too. :D

Okay, I've taken screenshots on some of them (the best looking ones) and I'll see if this works now.

Yes! Got it to work! So this is the male with the red sides.

uTM0CJ3.jpg

He's going to be mated with this lady and hopefully, I'll get a red allo from them in the end (I have mated them but not gotten a red one yet).

yuEttoB.jpg

This lady isn't very brightly coloured, but I liked her colouring enough to keep her even though stats-wise she had nothing.

jpZ7gWW.jpg

This is my brightest coloured allo so far.

wrR6lhQ.jpg

And my darkest.

5w27aEj.jpg

I'll post the other ones in a second post.

Here comes the rest of the better looking ones. I have much more (too many), but they're all kind of dully coloured. The plan is to get as high level and as good looking allos as possible. We're going to wreak havoc and look awesome while doing so. :D

3HNzJrL.jpg

BYIBell.jpg

I'm very partial to this colour for some reason. It's just very pleasing I feel.

s0a5YaD.jpg

I've seen the same dark green colour on bellies on alloses, so I'm considering creating a completely dark green allo but I haven't decided yet.

a8pkQIo.jpg

This is the first colour I got through breeding that I was really happy about. It's still with me.

nFw8ZWl.jpg

3 hours ago, TotallyUncool said:

a8pkQIo.jpg

Oh wow you have some really really nice looking ones but this dark green has got to be my absolute favourite. I love the deep hunter greens and the contrasting scales make this one super eye catching to me.

You are seriously making me want to go out on an Allosaur taming spree now. lol.  In fact, you know what, with the 1.5x taming weekend I think I will do just that!  Try to find some more striking allos to bring home. :D I would LOVE to find a deep green like your beauty there.

21 hours ago, Scotty8319 said:

Oh wow you have some really really nice looking ones but this dark green has got to be my absolute favourite. I love the deep hunter greens and the contrasting scales make this one super eye catching to me.

You are seriously making me want to go out on an Allosaur taming spree now. lol.  In fact, you know what, with the 1.5x taming weekend I think I will do just that!  Try to find some more striking allos to bring home. :D I would LOVE to find a deep green like your beauty there.

My tribemate is very fond of that colour too. It's quite eye-popping while not being like the more neon colours that they might get via mutations. I honestly can't decide if I like or dislike the colour as I'm usually more fond of less saturated colours, but it's still very special. Most fun part is that this is one of a set of triplets. :)

I hope you find one of these green ones if you go on a taming spree. I'm in the middle of one myself right now (taming spree that is), but I'm taming ankys in this case. So far I've only tamed and kept a low level female allo with what appears to be a white belly. Something went wrong there with the species...

Archived