Wolf Saddle in the Next Update???

Vattic

On this picture we see a Wolf Saddle, when will this arrive in game? I wait this since a long time...
You show that for the winter event, can we wait this Saddle in the next update :) <3

If you remember, not very long ago, we cannot hold weapon while riding, while that shown on the presentation arkwork.
So we hope the same thing for the Wolf Saddle.

ARKWinterWonderland-620x180-1.jpg

6 hours ago, Avanor said:

Why would they make the sabertooth complete useless? Being able to ride the wolf without a saddle makes it also unique.

Because it is cat. Only thing they are good for is stinking up the house and barfing all over the place.

But seriously, I never liked the sabercats. I found them annoying and weak. Maybe if they were higher level I would think differently. But from what I experienced the wolf and then the bear was better.

34 minutes ago, Jamagh said:

Because it is cat. Only thing they are good for is stinking up the house and barfing all over the place.

But seriously, I never liked the sabercats. I found them annoying and weak. Maybe if they were higher level I would think differently. But from what I experienced the wolf and then the bear was better.

I'm pretty sure this is a general sentiment. I liked the sabers more by default, but after trying a similar level cat and wolf side by side, the wolf wins out for me too when it comes to performance. The one thing the saber would have going for it is the potential a good saddle could bring, because the 20 armor one didn't compete with the wolf even without saddle from my experience.

Adding the further benefit of the saddle to the wolf, because you already prefer the wolf over the saber for performance, is about as backwards a reason as you can get. This is the very reason wolves don't have the saddle.

Also, I'll have you know my kitty is wonderful at cuddling and conversation, and has only barfed in my bed twice in the last year.

A Wolf saddle should be an crafted item like all other saddles, but, leave that ability to tame and ride bareback until you are able to craft one. Likewise, a saber saddle should be an option. The same should apply to the proposed Ice Age Mongolian War Horse. The saddles would provide the armor currently lacking when riding them bareback once you could craft them.

Saber versus Wolf is always an ongoing debate.  Their stats reflect an attempt by WC to normalize the two through HP/Damage/Armor.  A wolf can attain a much higher HP than a saber, but lacks armor.  The damage difference between the two is marginal, but noticeable... But you shouldn't be taming a saber for its melee attack.  Sabers are about 25%-50% better on stamina than a wolf, making them ideal travel mounts.

Sabers truly shine in caves thanks to the mounted combat addition.  Find yourself a 70 armor or better MC saber saddle (which I believe is around a 75% damage reduction), put points almost exclusively into HP and go into a cave.  In particular the swamp cave on the Island.  Just aim up and pike away all the bugs.  Aim forward and pike away the scorpions.  Your cat can take ALL the punishment.  Trying that on a wolf will get your wolf killed.

That being said, you have a 100% imprint, mate boosted dire wolf, that wolf's main attack will be devastating and it will have the mitigation to help it last. 

For parting words, I will say that wild dire wolves can all die in a horrible fire.  They like to hug you and trap you, your birds and your soul.

1 hour ago, Brayn said:

Saber versus Wolf is always an ongoing debate.  Their stats reflect an attempt by WC to normalize the two through HP/Damage/Armor.  A wolf can attain a much higher HP than a saber, but lacks armor.  The damage difference between the two is marginal, but noticeable... But you shouldn't be taming a saber for its melee attack.  Sabers are about 25%-50% better on stamina than a wolf, making them ideal travel mounts.

Sabers truly shine in caves thanks to the mounted combat addition.  Find yourself a 70 armor or better MC saber saddle (which I believe is around a 75% damage reduction), put points almost exclusively into HP and go into a cave.  In particular the swamp cave on the Island.  Just aim up and pike away all the bugs.  Aim forward and pike away the scorpions.  Your cat can take ALL the punishment.  Trying that on a wolf will get your wolf killed.

That being said, you have a 100% imprint, mate boosted dire wolf, that wolf's main attack will be devastating and it will have the mitigation to help it last. 

For parting words, I will say that wild dire wolves can all die in a horrible fire.  They like to hug you and trap you, your birds and your soul.

Nothing worse than taming in the snow and hearing the bark of a wolf on you. You know 3 more are coming 

There was discussion when the wolf is first implemented that there could be a choice between non-saddle and saddle choices. However, I don't think that will be implemented so that picture is old and probably from the first winter event and I'm not sure you can lend much credence to the saddle on the wolf being implemented.

If the saddle on the wolf does become a possibility then there would obviously need to be a drawback by having the saddle armor perhaps less melee damage for more armor/damage mitigation;  decrease speed or increased encumbrance is also a potential drawback. 

Archived