Anyone else think adding new official servers will improve the game?

KishK0

What do you guys think of the idea of wiping some of the unpopulated servers [https://arkservers.net/official-servers/1/rank/desc/?term=all] in order to create brand new servers, on a new cluster that old servers can't transfer to? Or even completely non-transferable servers?  

I really want to get back into ARK but lately all the servers I've joined have been completely overtaken by alphas. Every single loot drop is blocked and on top of that there are people with wyverns everywhere. I think a lot of people would enjoy having brand new servers to play on .  

An even better idea would be new servers every month by simply wiping the dead servers and putting them on a new cluster. The servers being wiped could be "locked" for the last few days so no one can transfer to and from the server and they could have a pick-up mechanic for structures or simply 100% resources back when demolishing structures so everyone can get what they had on the server and move without losing any of their progress. Just announce it a week or so before wiping so everyone can transfer to a new server and keep their progress. 

I think it will improve the game dramatically and get a lot more new people in the game while giving the veterans a chance to relive the fight for alpha on a server and really bring back ARK to what it was before the transfers and all of the SE tames on The Island servers.

Let me know what you guys think about this idea, I'd be amazing to be able to get a breath of fresh air and start anew on a server. ;)   

EDIT: I know extinction servers exist but that enforces the idea of farming to lose everything at the end of the month instead of being able to transfer stuff to another server in the cluster. Also, I feel like very few people know about extinction servers and they are not fun when they aren't populated. On top of that, they are mostly "experimental" with the PGArks and have few people on because there are so few and no one ever mentions them. 

@Jat @Jen @Jeremy Stieglitz @Casanova Guys, please consider it! I think it will really improve ARK.

8 minutes ago, Igloo said:

It wont. It doesnt solve the chinese problem and divides the people still playing on official between more servers. 

How so? I don't think the chinese would join a server that is transfer locked because then they'd have to farm only to obliterate 1 server instead of being able to transfer to a lot more.

It might be a good idea, but I think part of the problem is that the ascendency progression system hasn't been added that might be a way to get alpha's off the island servers (if that is what ascending is about?).  Imo the island servers should ideally be the starting point for tribes to form, learn the game, and pvp.  If it's done right it would be a lot of fun for those that love to build up and fight others without a huge alpha tribe around.

Oh and I've tried the PG ark's but the loading time is terrible on my computer, and I spawn randomly in the sky without an option to spawn in its weird.  Plus a lot of people want bosses and caves to exist on PG Ark's as well.  Another thing I've noticed about PG Ark's is they often appear to only be several islands all over the place.  Be nice if it was a large body from time to time with few islands.

2 hours ago, KishK0 said:

How so? I don't think the chinese would join a server that is transfer locked because then they'd have to farm only to obliterate 1 server instead of being able to transfer to a lot more.

You could have said the same about Cross-Ark servers when they came out yet look at that situation.  With the exploits that every region uses still in the game new servers would yield the same problems current ones have.

5 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

It would definitely make the game better but only if they are transfer locked. I miss the good old days of ark

THe problem is, wildcards not gona transfer lock a new pvp server they make because their vision of pvp is apparently offline raiding, zerging, and allowing cheaters to run rampant and buy new accounts (so they can continue to cheat). transfer locked pvp servers would be amazing but its not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Igloo said:

THe problem is, wildcards not gona transfer lock a new pvp server they make because their vision of pvp is apparently offline raiding, zerging, and allowing cheaters to run rampant and buy new accounts (so they can continue to cheat). transfer locked pvp servers would be amazing but its not gonna happen.

Yes you are correct. I was just giving the op an answer to his question. Also why I said I miss the good old days. But I get you

New servers would need (at least) a few month cooldown till transfers were allowed to them. Think about it, Ark is almost like an elaborate phone app (like clash of clans) new ppl get immunity for a short period. Couldn't really do it per player with the way it's sandboxed, but I could see where new servers could use it  as a whole and continue to bring new life into the game. 

• Volunteer Moderator
21 hours ago, KishK0 said:

What do you guys think of the idea of wiping some of the unpopulated servers [https://arkservers.net/official-servers/1/rank/desc/?term=all] in order to create brand new servers,

The devs stated months ago that this is what they plan to do. The only question is what the threshold would be to consider it "low pop". They haven't released that number.

Unless you are going to be vigilant about keeping the kind of players you don't like off the ARK, its going to be like pre-Cross ARK, with one person at the top deciding how you play. The ones with the most time and most moral dissonance (or backstabs the most people) will rule these new servers. It will be nice in the first couple months though.

Archived