Questions about giga raising and the nerf

Thatch

Well it's been brought to my attention that we are being "weened" from using gigas whether it's PvP or pve although wild gigas are practically unstoppable depending if you choose to fight them the way it's intended. I have tamed perfect 150 gigas recently that come out to18k health and roughly 180 melee which I guess is fine considering how dangerous and tedious it is to take one down and tame it as the game intends  (without a trap) . 

But even more time consuming and tedious is raising them. The requirements for this doesn't seem to shrink with the payoff for taming. My question is, are the stats just as nerfed when raising them without relying on imprinting? Are they slightly increased to at least make it worth putting all of that time into Ark? 

I would like to know this before hatching my 150 140 egg.

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Thatch said:

Well it's been brought to my attention that we are being "weened" from using gigas whether it's PvP or pve although wild gigas are practically unstoppable depending if you choose to fight them the way it's intended. I have tamed perfect 150 gigas recently that come out to18k health and roughly 180 melee which I guess is fine considering how dangerous and tedious it is to take one down and tame it as the game intends  (without a trap) . 

But even more time consuming and tedious is raising them. The requirements for this doesn't seem to shrink with the payoff for taming. My question is, are the stats just as nerfed when raising them without relying on imprinting? Are they slightly increased to at least make it worth putting all of that time into Ark? 

I would like to know this before hatching my 150 140 egg.

You use the rider bonus and imprint stats paired with a good saddle to kill wild gigas :)

well. if u manage to 100% imprint one... it will get 232 base melee,34k hp,120 speed. its happens cause gig babys durring imprinting ignore the -63k hp/-80 melee post tame nerfs. allso u get extra 30% to dmg/resistance as a rider bonus. everything is nice and good beside 280 hours of rising time+50 hours of incubation time and gigallion of meat. allso its not easy to pass the 28 hours baby phase.

6 hours ago, TheHarbinger1911 said:

well. if u manage to 100% imprint one... it will get 232 base melee,34k hp,120 speed. its happens cause gig babys durring imprinting ignore the -63k hp/-80 melee post tame nerfs. allso u get extra 30% to dmg/resistance as a rider bonus. everything is nice and good beside 280 hours of rising time+50 hours of incubation time and gigallion of meat. allso its not easy to pass the 28 hours baby phase.

Yeah I'd be pretty upset spending that much time on raising a tame only for it to be nerfed. Unfortunately I would be unable to get a 100% imprint because I have to work.

Archived