Why do people remove their mods from the workshop?

DomiDarko

• Volunteer Moderator

I just found out about this myself. It's unfortunate because I only added this mod to my server at the weekend and suddenly a couple of days later it's removed from the workshop and therefore will have to remove it from my server now.

I would have thought that a mod like this that requires no updates would only really be moved if the Scuba vision in the core ARK game was improved to the point that the mod added nothing extra to the game. However, I don't believe that is the case in this example.

I'm working on software called Hive which will alleviate this issue but all users on the server must be using Hive instead of steam for workshop mods (just your server).  The client can still have workshop subs and Hive subs but Hive will block workshop updates unless you "allow" that particular version through (you can rollback the version for client and server to whatever you have stored within Hive).

2 hours ago, Iirly said:

I certainly hope there is a similar mod in the works. We relyed on Scubavision A LOT.  it sucks that the author would pull it for what ever reason.  It was the only mod that made being underwater tolerable because it worked without having to be in first person.

Yup, after it was removed I barely went underwater, because it sucks... And no, it seems there isn't a similar mod - I search for some time after I noticed that ScubaVision has been removed. :( 

• 2 months later...

Archived