Jump to content

Jatheish

Introducing the Equus!

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, pursegcn said:

Well yeah probably, then it will be a cow... Then a chicken... N whatever else they can think of to put off going into beta.... 

And Wildcard can't release more creatures after the game release? Who said, that they'll implement all animals before the game is finished?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kaprodonychus said:

So is chalico I believe. 

I like the design of the horse on the dossier, but I feel like this guy is just gonna make other animals kind worthless. I don't see the point of adding it when we already have a deer. When this guy gets released (as usual, the new creatures are a lot better) and then megaloceras will get left in the dust. Then once the TLC drops in, its most like the deer will get some ability it can do with its antlers and horses won't be as special to some people and not get used. Now you're just kinda replacing old animals with new animals. This is just gonna be a deer that can't fight but has a better beaver saddle 

Also for farm animal lovers. We don't need a cow or a chicken. We've got dodos that produce a lot of eggs. And the phiomia functions as both a pig and a cow. 

I hope the Megaloceros gets more than a mechanics update... The model royally sucked from day one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 10, 2017 at 8:31 AM, pursegcn said:

So what... In may/june it goes into beta... 6 months of optimisation n then it's finished? Yeah right... I don't think I'm being pessimistic... I'm being realistic... 

More like April maybe. What kind of math are you doing? If they add 7 again after the 20th patch then there will only be 6 left and if they can do a patch with 7 then they can do one with six. Then they can fix major bugs in a month maybe and I mean maybe two and then they can goto Beta or whatever and then just continue doing the same thing. They can technically goto straight release after the game has all the creatures they plan for release. Believe it or not the game actually works pretty well other than people nitpicking little bugs and a little lag, which are things that are easily fixable over time with updates after release. You are most definitely being pessimistic, it may be realistic but its still pessimism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DinoDash said:

They finally broke and added a horse, even though that's the one animal you can actually ride in real life. Would have preferred a dinosaur but ehh whatever I'll ride this anyways.

Horses have been a part of Human survival for a long time I don't see the problem.

 

10 hours ago, DahDerpasaur said:

Out of all the cool prehistoric horse-like mammals, like macraunchenia, we just get a regular horse. Rather disappointing, though I like it's design.

Yes a "regular" horse smh. It is still a horse ancestor wether or not it has changed in appearance drastically or not. You do realize Ice Age creatures were around only what 15,000 years ago and were estimated to have lasted as long as just 10,000 or less years ago and that isn't a lot of time for things to change, I mean look at Mammoths compared to Elephants, Sabers to Tigers/Lions/every other big cat species etc etc. This is a game about surviving with prehistoric creatures with a Sci-fi twist so anything is possible, even a horse, a deer/elk(already have), a rhino(have), an elephant(have), sheep(soon to have), armadillo( have) surely you see the point. I know you would prefer a dinosaur but it gets to a point were all the dinosaurs look really similar and do similar things and it gets bland. Dont get me wrong though personally I would love to see every prehistoric animal/dinosaur/fish/lizard/bird/insect/etc brought back to life in this game to interact with I love them all equally but in the eyes of a game developer I can see how having so many creatures that are really similar would lose interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

More like April maybe. What kind of math are you doing? If they add 7 again after the 20th patch then there will only be 6 left and if they can do a patch with 7 then they can do one with six. Then they can fix major bugs in a month maybe and I mean maybe two and then they can goto Beta or whatever and then just continue doing the same thing. They can technically goto straight release after the game has all the creatures they plan for release. Believe it or not the game actually works pretty well other than people nitpicking little bugs and a little lag, which are things that are easily fixable over time with updates after release. You are most definitely being pessimistic, it may be realistic but its still pessimism.

For a start it's still yet to be seen that they will release everything they've said they will... They don't have the best track record here... It's not just new dinos they need to finish! Tek tier, ascension, ui, dino tlc, breeding mechanics, structures, items, weapons, balancing n probably many other things i can't think of. 

Little bugs n little lag? Are we playing a different game? Release with this much lag, poor optimisation n bugs like falling through buildings n terrain n ark should be branded a failure. Go straight to release.... Wow... Just wow, I'd never give you a software job. You can't go from alpha to release, they would be laughed at. 

I'm a software developer, not in games but they'll use the same process, a month for major bugs..... Ridiculous proposition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pursegcn said:

For a start it's still yet to be seen that they will release everything they've said they will... They don't have the best track record here... It's not just new dinos they need to finish! Tek tier, ascension, ui, dino tlc, breeding mechanics, structures, items, weapons, balancing n probably many other things i can't think of. 

Little bugs n little lag? Are we playing a different game? Release with this much lag, poor optimisation n bugs like falling through buildings n terrain n ark should be branded a failure. Go straight to release.... Wow... Just wow, I'd never give you a software job. You can't go from alpha to release, they would be laughed at. 

I'm a software developer, not in games but they'll use the same process, a month for major bugs..... Ridiculous proposition 

Yeah I am beginning to think we are but I guess since I avoid the official servers I actually play a better game than the rest of y'all. You would be surprised how much can get done if they get all the content out. PLUS who says they have to have all the content out to release? Hmmmm sounds to me they could just finish creatures and get basic Tek Tier in and then mass bug fix and optimize and it would be done really fast. Then continue on content afterwards. Not ridiculous at all just requires effort and no distractions imo I have seen some crazy things done in a short amount of time. What do I know though I am just some random gamer >.>

Edited by UDGxKnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Yeah I am beginning to think we are but I guess since I avoid the official servers I actually play a better game than the rest of y'all. You would be surprised how much can get done if they get all the content out. PLUS who says they have to have all the content out to release? Hmmmm sounds to me they could just finish creatures and get basic Tek Tier in and then mass bug fix and optimize and it would be done really fast. Then continue on content afterwards. Not Ridiculous at all just requires effort and no distractions imo I have seen some crazy things done in a short amount of time.

They releases fixes every other day.... If they could fix major bugs in a month... They would have done so by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...