Introducing the Equus!

Jatheish

15 hours ago, Marksman00048 said:

Bruh. I have horses. They have longer faces. The calico looks more like a cow than a horse. 

15 hours ago, Njiko said:

For me it Looks like a horse.

Njiko is right, the Chalicotherium is a part of the order Perissodactyla, which includes creatures such as Horses, Rhinos, and Tapirs. In short it's more commonly related to Horses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalicotherium

11 hours ago, DinoDash said:

Actually that is the problem

The problem is that most people who play this game still think it is a dinosaur survival game when in reality it is a prehistoric survival game. Meaning that as long as a creature was a part of pre-recorded history and is now extinct it qualifies to be in the game. I think everyone who is mad about it being a regular horse just aren't realizing how long ago this guy walked the earth and the fact that it takes millions of years for drastic change in how they look. Its not the horses fault that their ancestors probably look extremely similar to them. What dinosaur would even qualify to be a horse? The Parasaur? A different Hadrosaur? A horse fits the job perfectly and the unique saddle also fits it perfectly. 

If Aliens did create the Ark, which I would say is pretty obvious, and they are testing our survival skills or something along those lines. Wouldn't they want to give us access to the things we need to survive? After studying our history and seeing how pivotal horses are to it they would most definitely find a way to supply us with them or at least something similar, but if it wasn't obvious to us what it is supposed to be, how would we know what the intended purpose of it to be for. Easy answer is to use the extinct ancestor of modern day horses.

On 1/10/2017 at 7:34 AM, OnePotatoChip said:

Well, now Ark's got a horse. Eh. I mean, I ride horses in every other video game I play so it's nothing really exciting save for possible new mechanics which aren't even tied to the horse. I'm happy for the horse lovers, but just more food options for my Allies, I guess. 

I am one of those horse lovers. I wish more of the neutral people would see it this way! 

I plan on eating a horse or two as well, and the meat is super healthy for carnivorous predators by the way. ?

Thanks for cheering us on. I love horses and I can't explain why. Anyone who says that we have "enough creatures to ride without horses" just don't understand. 

Like I said before: wolves, wyverns, birds, spiders, now horses! Yay!

Lol, i like horses, thanks to my grandpa who had lot of them in farm .. , but i love cats and dogs as well .. so when we going to see those kind of pets in ARK. For me the most annoying issue in ark, after you have a normal base .. then basically you dont have nothing to do left and worry about .. yes if some player will not raid you :), but still  its should be a survival game, but now it seams to me it turns out more like Farming simulator - only difference that we have different animals, dinos 9_9. Please dev bring in more challenges and accidents , like thunder storm, tornado, earthquakes etc in redwood tree can fall down and brake your base etc..

4 hours ago, Ussikene said:

Lol, i like horses, thanks to my grandpa who had lot of them in farm .. , but i love cats and dogs as well .. so when we going to see those kind of pets in ARK. For me the most annoying issue in ark, after you have a normal base .. then basically you dont have nothing to do left and worry about .. yes if some player will not raid you :), but still  its should be a survival game, but now it seams to me it turns out more like Farming simulator - only difference that we have different animals, dinos 9_9. Please dev bring in more challenges and accidents , like thunder storm, tornado, earthquakes etc in redwood tree can fall down and brake your base etc..

Sabertooth....Wolf.....literally any kind of small animal like the monkey of lystro. That is what the shoulder-mount and some other creatures were for. They are literally called companionship creatures. I do like your weather suggestion though.

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 7:53 AM, UDGxKnight said:

The problem is that most people who play this game still think it is a dinosaur survival game when in reality it is a prehistoric survival game. Meaning that as long as a creature was a part of pre-recorded history and is now extinct it qualifies to be in the game. I think everyone who is mad about it being a regular horse just aren't realizing how long ago this guy walked the earth and the fact that it takes millions of years for drastic change in how they look. Its not the horses fault that their ancestors probably look extremely similar to them. What dinosaur would even qualify to be a horse? The Parasaur? A different Hadrosaur? A horse fits the job perfectly and the unique saddle also fits it perfectly. 

If Aliens did create the Ark, which I would say is pretty obvious, and they are testing our survival skills or something along those lines. Wouldn't they want to give us access to the things we need to survive? After studying our history and seeing how pivotal horses are to it they would most definitely find a way to supply us with them or at least something similar, but if it wasn't obvious to us what it is supposed to be, how would we know what the intended purpose of it to be for. Easy answer is to use the extinct ancestor of modern day horses.

The only thing wrong with your statement is, the goat ingame is literally a regular old modern goat slightly modified by ark creative freedom

In the dossier it also states nothing about prehistoric traits, unlike the horses dossier

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

The only thing wrong with your statement is, the goat ingame is literally a regular old modern goat slightly modified by ark creative freedom

In the dossier it also states nothing about prehistoric traits, unlike the horses dossier

Hmm except for the fact that I stated that it takes Millions of years for creatures to evolve enough to drastically change. If you check the history of the modern sheep they were domesticated around 10,000 years ago, which means they were around for quite a long time before that walking around with Mammoths and Sabers and that Ovis Aries is in fact an old enough species to be added. Also the fact that it means humans have probably bred the species to look different than the Original Ovis Aries, which means that the sheep being added could be the original form of the sheep and in fact NOT be the modern day sheep. Unless you have a window into 10,000 years ago that can see what the sheep originally looked like then this sheep has a drastic enough appearance that it passes as a prehistoric sheep and is different enough from modern sheep to be added. Same with Equus. The dossier not saying it has prehistoric traits or not is kind of pointless. I would like to remind you that Coelacanth are still swimming our oceans and were thought to have gone extinct millions of years ago and Dodo went extinct a mere 355 years ago according to the last confirmed sighting, which means it was a part of the modern world of humanity. 

The point is that this isn't your game, it isn't my game, its the devs game and although they do take our suggestions into account it is still their game and what gets added and what they think fits is up to them. If they want to have fun with their game and add a creature as a sort of "Thank You" to the community that is relative to an award that they got nominated for then I don't see a problem. I think the problem with most games and gamers is they take themselves too seriously and games end up no longer fun (Pretty much all FPS's and such) . I personally love when a developer can have fun with their game and add something that is just purely for the fun of it instead of taking everything way too seriously and sucking the fun out of everything like most people want them to do.

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM, UDGxKnight said:

Now that we have this here horse we really need another type of Giant Spider that runs around on the Surface of the Island just like the Pulminoscorpius and is big enough to take on large creatures. Get to work Devs! Lol

I would quote your last post but it was far too long, anyways you had a ton of speculation in your post, the point is you are very hypocritical in the fact that you first said as long as they are prehistoric they are fine, but now you say it doesn't matter while you also hypothesize about prehistoric goats and say I have no idea how they could have been

Also I feel like you attacked me for no reason, all I said was the dossier made no mention of it being prehistoric in fact I didn't even Complain and yet you jumped to its defense like a knight in shiny armour, so please don't accuse me of complaining when I didn't 

Now I have a question for you so your excuse for it being added is that it evolved along humans for thousands of years, am I correct? So in that case dogs and cats are also viable candidates because they fit the Critea of evolving along people? Infact cows and chickens would work too, would they not? Actually we could probably just add every animal that is currently extant based on your assumption of what modern means.....

Edited by Scorpio

8 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Now I have a question for you so your excuse for it being added is that it evolved along humans for thousands of years, am I correct? So in that case dogs and cats are also viable candidates because they fit the Critea of evolving along people? Infact cows and chickens would work too, would they not? Actually we could probably just add every animal that is currently extant based on your assumption of what modern means.....

I didnt attack you. You claimed there was a problem with my post and I defendy my post. The fact of the matter is that it isnt an excuse that it is getting added just because it evolved along side us. If you want to be that technical about about it without thinking then dogs and cats are already in the game (Direwolves and Sabers and the soon to be added Hyenadon that is more doglike) so I dont understand your logic of why it was necceary to bring that up. The point is that if you want to say something cant be added cuz its "too modern" then tell the devs to take out mammoths, wolves, sabers, and basically anything from the Ice Age era because they are too similar to modern day animals.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 1/11/2017 at 9:54 AM, Marksman00048 said:

Bruh. I have horses. They have longer faces. The calico looks more like a cow than a horse. 

It takes more than a face to affect taxonomy. If the world worked like you thought then pugs and dobermen wouldn't both be dogs.