Introducing the Equus!

Jatheish

25 minutes ago, MaHaBe said:

I think it looks and sounds great, just wish they would fix all the bugs and problems with what they have first. Make all 100% working before you add more.  IMO.

There are different teams for content and for bugs and people who work on both. There isn't a time when they are only focusing one or the other no matter how it seems. Also the game wouldnt work at all if they didn't bug fix 

10 minutes ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Well, now Ark's got a horse. Eh. I mean, I ride horses in every other video game I play so it's nothing really exciting save for possible new mechanics which aren't even tied to the horse. I'm happy for the horse lovers, but just more food options for my Allies, I guess. 

Yeah not every creature is for everyone. Horse was almost guaranteed to happen though even if the devs tried to deny it

30 minutes ago, coldfiresun said:

looks like they finally broke and made a horse. It looks really cool but I feel like it will make the parasaurolophus even more underwhelming since it replaces its function and then adds some. I'm looking forward to using it but I hope they touch up the para to compensate ''

Well the Parasaur is the "only 10 minutes" mount that most first-timers tame. It's the most basic and rudimentary dino so far, and that's not a bad thing. 

35 minutes ago, coldfiresun said:

looks like they finally broke and made a horse. It looks really cool but I feel like it will make the parasaurolophus even more underwhelming since it replaces its function and then adds some. I'm looking forward to using it but I hope they touch up the para to compensate ''

3 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Well the Parasaur is the "only 10 minutes" mount that most first-timers tame. It's the most basic and rudimentary dino so far, and that's not a bad thing. 

Parasaur and all the early dinos are getting reworks. So more than likely they will get abilities to compete with the newer creatures in their uses. Para is just your early horse and then you work up to the better and actual Horse. Its just tiering in the game and such. They want you to want one of every creature but they give you a tame limit so you have to be picky what you mass breed and such, or they want you to have preferences etc etc. I think Paras would do well with some kind of affinity for water like the Baryonx or perhaps some type of special vocalization ability hmmmmm

After looking at the dossier, this looks like a very fun animal to have! But I think it really only needs one finishing touch to keep it in tune with what seems to have been the major theme of ARK:

This animal looks, sounds and feels a lot like it could be Dinohippus. How about change its name to that instead of Equus? That would be awesome! 

44 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

Looks cool but do we really need another farm animal in this game? Besides isn't the paracer a horse already?

So is chalico I believe. 

I like the design of the horse on the dossier, but I feel like this guy is just gonna make other animals kind worthless. I don't see the point of adding it when we already have a deer. When this guy gets released (as usual, the new creatures are a lot better) and then megaloceras will get left in the dust. Then once the TLC drops in, its most like the deer will get some ability it can do with its antlers and horses won't be as special to some people and not get used. Now you're just kinda replacing old animals with new animals. This is just gonna be a deer that can't fight but has a better beaver saddle 

Also for farm animal lovers. We don't need a cow or a chicken. We've got dodos that produce a lot of eggs. And the phiomia functions as both a pig and a cow. 

4 hours ago, coldfiresun said:

Yea their main function to me is eggs for them 150 speed raptors ;) lol