What's the deal with Fishing?

Adelaar0355

Fishing can get you high level blueprints,  but you need to use better than a primitive rod. Ramshackle to Ascendant rods are best. It also gets different resource items. Rhino horns.  Pearls,  ingots,  black pearls,  gunpowder etc. Its alot of fun once you get the hang of it.

Mastercraft and Ascendant rods are in high demand right now.. Some people who sell them want your soul and your first born child for one. Lol. But everyones value of something is different so you may be able to buy one for something reasonable like ingots or a wyvern,  etc. I have bought two, both for high level wyverns.

So if you are a big Blueprint user than i would suggest not getting rid of any rods journeyman or higher.

Hope this helps! :)

I managed to get a ASC Fishing Rod, and on my first catch with it, I got two ascendant saddles, a mastercraft, and two apprentice (all blueprints). You'll get ridiculous numbers of high-tier blueprints, and the quality of the rod only improves that.

As far as strategies, just always use Leech Blood. There's not any compelling reason to use Sap, since its generally slower and more expensive to obtain, and Leech Blood will improve your loot quality as well. I made a fishing boat with plenty of storage to take out, but you could just as easily make a chair, fly around on an Argy, then plop down at a spot that has some decent fish. You can generally just eyeball the fish size, but anything from about 0.9x and up is going to give you pretty decent loot. I wouldn't go after a super large fish if its alone with a lot of small ones, because the small fry will chew through all your bait and you probably won't ever get the big dude. Better to just go consistent

Iv taken up fishing lately due to gathering MC fishing poles, Alpha squids always drop a pole, iv gotten three MC and one apprentice rods killing alpha squids. havent fished a whole lot considering,  fishing for real has its own charm and ambiance while ark fishing is sort of like rubbing your eyeballs with alchohol. One time I did get blueprints was ramshackled terror bird, JM galli and ramshackle argent.

Fishing rods can't be repaired and rod bps can only craft a rod 3 times before disappearing (due to the great loot higher rods give and the issue when fishing and rods were first released where you could easily get tons of high quality rods and rod bps and farm tons of great loot; this was fixed very quickly so now everyone who didn't cash in in the first few hours is SOL). Fishing is a waste of time unless you have a great rod and are good at quick time events.

7 hours ago, Adelaar0355 said:

So as a tribe that has no water skills or setup, what do I need to work towards for killing mosasaurs? Tames? Raft setup? I am completely in the dark when it comes to water here in ark but looking forward to it.

Due to the difficulty and techniques required to kill with a plesio, and the trouble of aquiring a tuso, If you have quatz eggs I recommend getting a 130+ mosa to tame, leveled and with a good saddle should be able to deal with low to mid alpha mosas and alpha squids on its own.

Well after getting a Journeyman fishing pole BP (247 eff) and crafting one last night, I went over to try out fishing and ended up catching about 10 or so fish. Most were small and i think the biggest i caught was a 1.5x. ended up with about 10 to 15 BP ranging from green to blue with 1 yellow i believe. I think I now have a new activity to enjoy and I got another Tribe mate hooked as well. Was pretty hilarious in party chat with 2 of us fishing and the other 6 wondering what the heck was going on (PS4 here).

Looks to me that we will have to start the grind of getting ready for alpha killing as this is a slow but very rewarding activity. 

And agreed, i have enjoyed fishing in several games before such as LOTRO in the past as well Captnmorgan

Archived