pgm Help understanding

So no matter how I change the settings, I cant seem to find the one I'm looking for. I want a mostly flat grasslands, with mountains every so often, like a karst landscape. the water settings has me off a bit too, Id like to have more rivers and or ponds/lakes but can't seem to find a good setting for those either instead of having larger bodies of land surrounded by water. Any tips or pointers would be much appreciated.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 1/11/2017 at 5:24 PM, Redkiller said:

As you can tell, this forum is dead. You won't find any help here seeing as this is one of many forgotten projects of wildcard. If you're on the xbox, especially good luck to you.....

Terribly incorrect.

People still look here, after all, here you are...

It's all trial and error with the settings, there is a thread that highlights all the portions, but I don't think you can really have one biome running over the whole map as such. You'll always end up with a mix.

Rivers are rare/non-existent.

17 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Terribly incorrect.

People still look here, after all, here you are...

It's all trial and error with the settings, there is a thread that highlights all the portions, but I don't think you can really have one biome running over the whole map as such. You'll always end up with a mix.

Rivers and lakes are rare/non-existent.

Sir, I am here for the lulz cause of wildcard biting off more than it can chew. For you to spread misinformation on there not being lakes is quite laughable. I guess you haven't used these settings enough to know. I'm a step deeper in these PGMs than anybody. When they give you broken settings in the dev kit, it speaks volumes of their incompetence.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

I think you're here more for the vitriol than the lulz.

You claim that you're further into PGArks than anyone... Further in there how? By ripping apart the devs work and making out there's problems, yet not reporting them other than in your vitriolic posts?

Still though, you shouldn't be taken seriously in the slightest... You're not in here to help the user, and you're simply making out that they won't get any help, which is in fact terribly wrong.

22 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I think you're here more for the vitriol than the lulz.

You claim that you're further into PGArks than anyone... Further in there how? By ripping apart the devs work and making out there's problems, yet not reporting them other than in your vitriolic posts?

Still though, you shouldn't be taken seriously in the slightest... You're not in here to help the user, and you're simply making out that they won't get any help, which is in fact terribly wrong.

Cute. You just assume that I don't know what im talking about. Are my posts slanted towards changing peoples feelings toward wildcard because of wildcards/outsourced contractors incompetence? Sure.

Did you know that there was supposed to be more than two types of trees in the snow biome?

ddddddddd.png

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Big deal, you opened the dev kit... Rather than bad talking development and making out no-one looks at this section like you did in the first place, why don't you try help the person asking for help?

After all, some do, hence why you spouted into this thread...

13 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Big deal, you opened the dev kit... Rather than bad talking development and making out no-one looks at this section like you did in the first place, why don't you try help the person asking for help?

After all, some do, hence why you spouted into this thread...

I have done more than done than open the dev kit. I have the only PGM mod out there. So get over yourself. My problem is that PGMs have been out for what 4 months? And yet there is any clear documentation on it? And i want to bring this to the masses. Yet I get hassle from people that have never even opened the dev kit, and mods that delete my posts. So honestly you have no leg to stand on.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

You know all this, yet you couldn't answer the OPs question at all.

Again, you're not in here for the lulz, you're in here for the vitriol and trolling.

Enough, answer the OPs question "Mr Expert"...

7 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You know all this, yet you couldn't answer the OPs question at all.

Again, you're not in here for the lulz, you're in here for the vitriol and trolling.

Enough, answer the OPs question "Mr Expert"...

Why haven't you Mr. expert critic, or are you personally harassing me towards my disappointments of wildcard? I have no obligation to inform the users of this forum. Maybe the users should ask wildcard and their contractors.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
22 minutes ago, Redkiller said:

I have no obligation to inform the users of this forum.

Sorry, but isn't that the purpose of a forum?

Obviously you're not even looking to help, you're simply looking to be angry and disgruntled... I'll leave you to it.

Fact is though the forum isn't abandoned, as again, you, seen it... So obviously you're still lurking in it.

My initial post still provides more information than your multiple posts in this thread. OP can message me or reply in here, and I'll respond... Anything further from this disgruntled user, will be ignored.

11 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

My initial post still provides more information than your multiple posts in this thread. OP can message me or reply in here, and I'll respond... Anything further from this disgruntled user, will be ignored.

Please grow up. You never responded to the OP in the first place. You responded to me as an attack. :D

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 1/12/2017 at 9:52 PM, BubbaCrawfish said:

Rivers and lakes are rare/non-existent.

Really, I didn't respond to the OP at all? Yea, seems totally legit.

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Really, I didn't respond to the OP at all? Yea, seems totally legit.

Am I OP? Please stop spamming this forum. We don't need your negativity around here. This is a place of people sharing user experiences and modifications of PGMs. Obviously you have nothing to add to this conversation.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, Redkiller said:

Am I OP? Please stop spamming this forum. We don't need your negativity around here. This is a place of people sharing user experiences and modifications of PGMs. Obviously you have nothing to add to this conversation.

You directly said that I hadn't helped, I quoted where I did...

If you're trying to look like a hypocrite, then you are on the right path.

After all, I'm not going to sit back when you throw up baseless accusations, and simply trash everything that's said in here simply to suit your agenda. Quit with the deflection and spam... Help, or don't post... Simple.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Obvious troll with nothing to do is obvious...

Not attempting to help, stop posting... Simple... That is the definition of spam... You've done nothing but troll and spam since you got in here... At least my "misinformation" is an attempt to help rather than tell the OP that there is no help, right?

That's rhetorical if you can't grasp that...

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Obvious troll with nothing to do is obvious...

Not attempting to help, stop posting... Simple... That is the definition of spam... You've done nothing but troll and spam since you got in here... At least my "misinformation" is an attempt to help rather than tell the OP that there is no help, right?

That's rhetorical if you can't grasp that...

Whats with the strange line breaks? You're not fooling the people that traffic this forum. They're just as fed up with this supposed feature as I am. Please stop with your lapdog'n.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 1/12/2017 at 9:52 PM, BubbaCrawfish said:

Rivers are rare/non-existent.

Is that better butter cup? Sorry for the inconvenience... Truly sorry master, I'll bow down to your epic experience and assistance in this thread.... [/s]

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so the OP wants some mountains, mostly flat grasslands and lakes and water features breaking up the land.

so set your turbulence a little higher than the default. try setting water frequency to 4 or 5 and mountain frequency to 12, I like a more natural slope, but sounds like you want a steep slope.

for a smoother slope use a value of 2 in mountain slope (will effect the whole map, nit just the mountains) and for a sharp tall mountain, use a much smaller value, like .5 or .75.

The many mountains, steep slope, water freq should all combine to make a landscape like what you want. Only there are so many variable. many hidden I suspect, I've only spent maybe 10 hours with the PWG (but I made games professionally for 15 years, so I got an edge, (don't troll me Red, I got alot of game cred), check out my entry on IMDB)

but like any proceduraly generated landscape you will need to tweak your parameters alot. just make small changes and use many iterations.

Archived