Shout out to the peeps on PVE SE 759 and 592

catnip

It is rare to find a community that works together, helping other players when they encounter a problem or find themselves short on supplies while taming. Or, as was the case for my tribe on 759, when our base was being attacked by unscrupulous individuals intent on destroying everything we'd spent months building. Thank you to everyone who helped kite away the rock elementals that OMG was using to break into our base, especially Neximus and Alevia who came to my aid when I screamed in panic during the attack. Also thanks to everyone in global chat for your moral support . Knowing you all have my back is a big relief, and I hope we can be just as helpful and supportive when anyone else is in need of assistance.

You folks are the best!!

I did. Waiting to hear back from them. Also sent them the screenshots taken of the conversation btn a tribe member and one of the attackers demanding our Golem as well as screenies of the attack. My tribemate also sent in a ticket about the attack with a video of the attack on his house. Pity they feel the need to act like this. Kind of spoils the game for folks just wanting to have fun.

This is something that really needs to be addressed. Many who play PVE (myself included) do so to avoid the raiding-offline and otherwise-that is so prevalent in PvP. We also enjoy the other aspects of the game such as taming, building our bases and socializing in global and tribe chat. I've made some good friends through my PVE gameplay and would like to continue doing so. Those budding friendships are being jeopardized by people's frustrations with this kiting. They are discouraged by this and many are thinking of leaving the game because of it.

I have notice a growing number of PVE folks who are fed up with the allowance of this exploit, and the acts of extortion that many of the raiders are doing to the communities on these servers when they are caught by the tribes being attacked. Not very well-played on WC's account. I'd have to check with my engineering friends, but I'd be willing to bet a simple if/then command added to the Rock Elemental's program would solve the issue by making it so the elemental wouldn't attack a player's base if the tribe members are offline. Another solution would be to make Elementals easier to kill. The AI for the elemental is not inherently aggressive unless provoked or activated by proximity.

My server 942 is great too. People jumping over each other to help out when they know you're in trouble.  The key is to stay off the chat during an argument and not air out your dirty laundry. If you're not one of those people if the established tribes see you needing help with milk or tools they're there. When I first got to the server from the island, I had a guy land beside my thatch hut and throw out a MC pickax, MC hatchet, and MC pike to me.  When I tried to give them back he said he may need some help one day so I needed to get my base built.  I lost the pike pretty quick but I still have the hatchet and pickax.  

Archived