Best base spots on the center

Herobrinescouz

4 hours ago, Week said:

If it's pvp IMO it would be the underworld simply because you can defend the entrance of the underworld with turrets and plants and you can't bring land dinosaurs unless you don't care that they get stuck. Also the lava is a natural defense if someone brings turtles you can just drop them in the lava. 

You can get land dinos through the new crystal cavern system that comes into underworld.

Rexes etc will fit through.

2 hours ago, Codypjones said:

Island bases are good imo. Usually fairly flat and people/trolls cannot glitch into the spires or walls to kill your tames. Starting out islands usually don't have many Dino's that will bully you early on, maybe just the odd dilo. Only downfall to an island base early on is getting metal. 

Island bases are a bad choice,it will take 1 gun boat to ruin your day.

We like snow south at the very top the huge stone pillars we made a 3 stroy base up there bahemoth entrace covered in turrets and spieses x it was almost impregnable our turrets shot to the top of the map so nothing could be dropped ontop without taking hits.  We had an elevator up for land dinos and we had a pen at the bottom for brontos etc obviously they were vulnerable alot more.  But key things if people wanted to raid you they had to come in fur or take short attacks at your base before trying to warm and heal, annnnd trolls had to really wanna troll you because they need fur which on a ptera is pretty heavy. No noobs could annoy you.  And metal is everywhere. 

At the southern end of the land-bridge there's a big archway that has enough space for a huge base and dino storage.  You can also store dinos under it and use the redwood platforms as gun emplacements.

You can drop raiders off the edge too although now they don't die although that's often a good thing as it's a long walk back up from the lower seas.  There's metal everywhere.  Best spot on the map.  Only downside is you're about as far as you can be from the decent loot drops.

Hands down the best place to build on Center is on the floating island on PvP.  If you can lock the whole place down with pillars to prevent other people from building, get set to own the server.  With how difficult it is to get land dinos up there en masse and the sheer amount of resources available right outside your door, you will be unstoppable.  Build on the top level green ob side on the big flat area.

Center map for LIFE!!!! One of my major considerations in choosing a location is always views.  You're gonna be spending months flying in and out of this area, make sure it looks awesome.  Secondly im always looking for a generally flat location, due to ease of building.

My favorites have to be the ruins, although you do need to get used to traveling a bit for resources, especially if you build in the ruin on the Jungles Mid river peninsula.  Jungles south is a crazy giga spawn area, we regularly get 2-4 Gigas a day outside our gates, but once you build a system to funnel them away from your base, its fine.   The Center floating island is surprisingly flat at the top, seen some behemoth bases up there that I had to stop flying by due to the lag. All the Eastern Islets are super easy to build on, but most new players flock towards that region.  The Snowy regions may be cold, but there is always a lot of unclaimed territory out there.  The edge of the world lower section (under the snowy grasslands) is pretty safe, and surprisingly warm. Redwoods is fun, but I havn't done much building out there so I cant give any specifics. 

One thing I know for sure is that Giga spawns are far more frequent on the Center and they can supposedly spawn at any spawn spot. However, ive never heard of or talked to anyone who has seen a giga in the snowy or redwoods biomes....so keep that in mind

• 5 months later...

For Pve there's a really nice bit of land just to the north east of the swamp completely surrounded by rocks and cliffs but accessible by the sea 

built there before and it has a truckload of river Rock .me and my friend built a 6x5 metal base with turrets on it using only the river rock it's also got crystals and silica pearls nearby but remember to tame a flier before going there because you have to fly up onto these land bridges to gather metal and crystals

Archived