24/7 Center Server (No PVP, No Raiding, Friendly Server)

Happy Holidays Survivors! After much consideration I've decided to open my player dedicated up to new players especially those who are brand new to Ark due to it being a Christmas present or recent purchase. So if you're looking for a friendly server where you can have fun without the constant threat of someone destroying your stuff, killing your tames, or just being a general dodohead then this might be the server for you. Veteran players are welcome as well as long as they understand and can follow the rules which while I try to be fair and reasonable I'm not going to deal with a lot of drama. If you become enough of a problem then you will be gone from the server end of story. After all I play Ark to have fun, not be a referee.

So here's the vital information for the server...

XP 2x
Harvest 5x
Player Water 0.25
Player Food 0.15
Offline PVP Prevented
Spoiling Time 4.2
Baby Food Consumption 0.3
Dinos Gain More Weight Per Level and Have Higher Weight In The Wild. Players also get a weight gain increase as well.
You make more XP from killing, harvesting, crafting than you do standing around idling.

Rules

There is NO PVP on this server. Anyone engaging in PVP will be removed from the server. The rules are posted here for everyone to see so I will not be constantly posting in game chat informing people of the rules. If there's something not listed that you're not clear on by all means ask one of the admins but don't be constantly asking if it's a PVP server in chat, it's not, it's never going to be so if you join understand this or save me the trouble of banning you and don't join. This is not the server for you. There will be no purge day either, it's not happening so don't ask. The only way a purge will happen is if you aggro me enough to kick you off the server and destroy your stuff. If you are attacked double tap the Xbox button and press X to record video of it. Link me to the video so people can be dealt with. We're not going to be banning people who get in tranq wars with their tribe mates and general horse play. We do it too.

There is NO RAIDING on this server. Offline raid protection is turned on so as long as no one from your tribe is online your structures cannot be damaged, your dinos cannot be killed, your stuff should be safe as long as it's secured. If you fail to close your doors then there's no record of anything being taken or who took it and thus nothing can be done. Sorry.

BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER PEOPLE we want this to be a friendly server where anyone can come and play from the newbiest noob to the the grizzled veteran. We do not care about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. We will not tolerate hate mongers of any sort so if you can't be at least respectful of the other members of the community don't bother joining. Keep thy opinions to thyself because they are like certain body parts everyone has one, try not to be one.

THERE WILL BE LAG there will be lag on any server you are on from official to player dedicated. It's just an unavoidable fact of Ark. Right now the server ping is steady around 20 but spikes to the 50-60 range near large builds and the swamps due to the insane amount of leeches spawning right now. Complaining about it isn't going to do any good, it's just going to happen no matter what because it happens in single player as well. Accept it, move on.

THE SERVER WILL GO OFFLINE while I do keep the server running 24 hours a day 7 days a week the server will go offline periodically for updates, internet problems, power outages, acts of God and just acts of Ark being Ark and deciding the server is online but no one can connect to it. In these events while I do want to know you're having problems and I am usually near the host console most of the time there are times when I won't be able to do anything about it due to being out of the house, or asleep. Just be patient and I'll fix it as soon as I can. Unless you're on the middle of the night my time then if you can't play, I can't play either so it sucks for everyone.

YOU WILL GET DISCONNECTED you will occasionally get Arked and you'll probably die, lose a tame, or your stuff in the process. It's impossible to confirm what you had on you so we won't be replacing items but we do have a very high corpse decomposition time on the server so unless the server gets knocked completely offline your corpse shouldn't despawn and in most cases you can recover your stuff provided your body doesn't fall thru the world or fall victim to random Arkiness.

NO WYVRENS. At no point will anyone be allowed to have Wyvrens outside of the alpha tribe. Don't ask. We will be selling other Scorched Earth dinos at some point but we have not worked out a price list as of yet. We'll also be selling kibble, blueprints and fertilized dino eggs as well. Again no prices have been set as of yet. This will be coming in the future when we get around to building a community center. While construction has begun there currently is no ETA on when exactly these features will be finalized. This rule may be removed in the future and doesn't apply to Scorched Earth because we don't really spend long enough there for you to hatch an egg and raise it. You are allowed to hatch eggs on The Center server BUT will have to transfer them the next time we go to Scorched Earth.

ANY ATTACK ON THE ALPHA TRIBE WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING REMOVED going back to the dealing no drama rule we're not going to go to war with you. You're not going to go out in a blaze of glory in fact you'll be banned from the server and anyone in your tribe will go with you. Your stuff will be destroyed and anything we don't want will be auctioned off among the remaining tribes. Please note we do understand accidents do happen so if you accidentally attack someone this probably will not result in a ban but deliberate attacks will. Be sure you can trust your tribe mates not to be idiots. If you're acting alone then please leave your tribe and don't take innocent people down with you.

TRY NOT TO BUILD ON METAL NODES metal is a valuable resource so if it's at all avoidable we would like them to remain open to everyone. But if one or two are lost due to your build then it's not going to be an issue.

CLEAN OUT THE BEAVER DAMS yes we do understand that robbing a beaver dam of everything usually results in you being encumbered while running for your life from a bunch of peeved off castoroides but please clean out the dams so they make more for those tribes who aren't using snails and frogs as their primary source of cementing paste. Best way to rob a dam is to have a friend distract them while you take their stuff, or land a flier near the dam, jump off, grab stuff, jump on, fly away.

NO BUILDING IN CAVES/NO BLOCKING OFF CAVES the caves on the Center are awesome so leave them open where everyone can enjoy a caving adventure. Temporary structures will be allowed so don't think you can't build a campfire in a cave if need be or build a platform to get over a hole. Just remove them when you leave and it's all good. If you die and can't get back to your structure just expect it to be destroyed at some point. This goes for bear caves as well and do not block paths in and out of the underworld.

EVERYTHING NORTH OF TROPICAL ISLAND NORTH IS A NO BUILD ZONE half burnt island, lava island and the scorched island are no build zones for the following reasons. Half burnt and lava are the best leveling locations and place to find high level carnivores. There's also been no less than four alphas running around both of those islands since we launched the server. In fact other than one alpha carno that got brain worms and decided he wanted to chill on a rock at the bottom of the ocean the first day and one alpha raptor we've never seen alphas elsewhere. As far as scorched island we're setting up a bullet making facility there so it's part of our territory. Again temporary builds are fine such as having to set up spike walls to protect a tame. Just expect them to be removed at some point.

EACH TRIBE IS ALLOWED THREE BASES by base we mean a large area in which your tribe lives together and you store dinosaurs. This of course does not apply to the alpha tribe. We recommend spreading your dinos across the server because if you get a lot of them in one area it increases lag.

LET US KNOW WHERE YOU'RE SET UP we occasionally patrol the server looking for potential problems so knowing where you live will help us get to you sooner and give you a bit of advanced warning if we see a potential threat in the area.

NO PILLARING if you want to build somewhere then build there be it a thatch shack or a single foundation. Do not pillar up and down the beaches making it difficult for new players to place a campfire. It's a dodohead move and if I'm forced to remove a bunch of pillars I'll just destroy all your structures.

NO TAME CLAIMING you cannot call dibs on a wild dino you wish to tame. If you want it then tame it. People do not have the time to consider if someone else wants to tame something when in the heat of battle or out leveling. We will be setting up a taming pen at comm center in which you can use to tame as long as it's not in use by anyone at the time. These doors while owned by us will be unlocked so you can get in and out of the pen. We've also set up a metal argy box out on burnt out island for the taming of argys.

WE PERIODICALLY DO DINO WIPES to try and get high level dinos to spawn or to get new dinos to spawn but we will announce when these will happen and ask if anyone is taming. If you do not respond in the 30 minutes that we announce a dino wipe and the time we do it then don't come crying when whatever you were taming disappears. Anyone who has played on official server will notice this since it's the same announcement box that comes up saying there's going to be an update although we'll try to be more informative than ...

ASSISTANCE WILL BE OFFERED if you are a new player then we will offer you assistance in dealing with some of the bigger threats in Ark. Gigas, Rexes and Alphas. If you see one near your base please notify us if we're on and we'll come deal with it as soon as we can. Please understand we may be busy and can't get there immediately so all you can do is hope it doesn't take a liking to you and eat your house and tames. There will be a time when you're expected to deal with these on your own but Johnny Noob in his thatch shack versus a giga isn't a fair fight. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. We want the other tribes to grow and enjoy the game, and getting your stuff destroyed by a wild giga is not fun.

DINO COLORING WILL BE OFFERED I will color your dinos for you if you ask. It might not be done immediately but if I'm not in the middle of something I will come do it.

DON'T BLOCK DROPS this one is tricky. Let's put it this way don't intentionally block the drops because without knowing exactly where they come down it's very easy to build where they is one without knowing it. I've done it twice myself. Transfers are allowed from servers hosted by myself.

THE MAP MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME we have been toying with the idea of occasionally having a Scorched Earth/Island/PG map week and may do so in the future. We will be asking the community beforehand as we understand not everyone has Scorched Earth but we would defiantly be interested in starting a PG map where everyone starts fresh. Should make for an interesting adventure in the future.

THOMAS IS THE END ALL BE ALL this is my server I'm paying for it therefore any decisions about it are ultimately mine. Does not matter what you think, does not matter if my tribe likes you, doesn't even matter if I like you. Do not annoy me to the point where I'm going to have to do something I'm gonna feel bad about later. Input is welcome but don't believe for a minute that you can threaten or intimidate me into you getting your way. If you don't like the rules, don't join. Simple as that.

THE RATES AND RULES MAY CHANGE IN THE FUTURE while I've tried to cover everything here as far as rules go it may become necessary to change them in the future but it probably won't be anything drastic like this turning into a pvp raiding allowed server. I don't want it to be that so it's not going to change into that.

WE INTEND FOR THIS TO BE A LONG TERM SERVER I want this server to last for quite awhile and intend for it to do so as long as something beyond my control happens or we get another patch that decides to completely wipe the server.

If you've taken the time to read all that and have decided you want to join our server here's how. Simply add TotallyFnArk as a friend and once they add you back you should be able to join the server. If you have a problem shoot Thomas Riordan a message and I'll try to help you out. I do check the host console occasionally but my main account is linked to my phone so it gets a quicker response. Don't spawn on Tropical Island North because you'll most likely be killed by our turrets but if you spawn in jungles mid or north and walk along the beaches closest to blue tower you should be able to find comm center. Hope to see you there.

8 hours ago, Redmont said:

So... do we just message here if we want to join? There's no gamertag or server name for this post.

Simply add TotallyFnArk as a friend and once they add you back you should be able to join the server. If you have a problem shoot Thomas Riordan a message and I'll try to help you out. I do check the host console occasionally but my main account is linked to my phone so it gets a quicker response

Very last paragraph. Figured it best to make people read the rules first rather than having constant questions of "is this a pvp server?" in chat.

For new players wanting to join I'll be out of the house from 7am EST to sometime afternoon on the 9th of January which is today so if you don't get added right away please be patient believe me I'd much rather be sitting at home playing Ark. I must say I am surprised how many people we have gotten in just a day. I expected maybe two people tops and we're already at 10-12 new members. I'm glad people want to join, I hope those who do join enjoy themselves.

So i will be trying to join soon with my 3 tribemates, was wondering can we transfer pur current pvp characters?

Were roughly lvl 50-65. Just us, our tools, metal and our one stego?

Just tired of starting from square one over and over again.

Thanks man

(Edit: if you allow us to transfer items from an official xbox server we will show you what it all is.  Probably just a few stacks of metal ingots, metal tools, and some stone foundations. We would greatly appreciate it.  Im tired of being messed with on pvp and wish i could transfer to a pve, hence why im coming to you lol)

Since everyone else started from scratch I probably wouldn't allow that. You'll get your levels up fast enough especially as a four man tribe and taming a stego won't take that long either. I don't think it would work anyways since no one has transferred anything to the server that I'm aware of. As far as I'm aware you cannot transfer from official to player dedicated or vice versa. It would make it too easy to cheat on officials since you could just spawn in a tamed creature of insane level on your player dedicated and just transfer it to officials and rule.

Archived