ARK: Server API V2.5

Michido

yeKEraL.png

ArkApi is a plugin which allows you to create your own server-side plugins for ARK using C++ language.

Installation:

1. Extract everything to "ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64". This means that files like "version.dll" should be in "Win64" folder.
  2. Start your ARK server as usual.

Video instruction:

If everything went correctly, you will see something like this in the server console:

Pa3rqUT.png

Installing new plugins:

1. Download plugin.
  2. Copy plugins folder to "ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ArkApi\Plugins". Example: "ArkApi\Plugins\ArkShop".
  3. Start or restart your server. Alternatively, you can load plugin without restarting the server by using commands provided in this thread: https://arkserverapi.com/threads/faq.5/.

Requirements:

Logs:

Logs created by ArkApi can be found in 'ShooterGame/Win64/logs/ArkApi.log'.
Dumps and crash logs can be found in 'ShooterGame/Saved/Logs/'.

Plugins:

If you have any questions, read our FAQ first.

Download: http://arkserverapi.com/resources/ark-server-api.4/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Toni said:

Whats the advantage of your tool? What you can do with it which is not possible with mods? How are you handling the client-side?

Actually, it allows you to make server-side plugins that don't require file transfers. Take a look at the example plugins, i don't think it's possible to make them with ARK dev kit or at least it would be hard. Some examples of what else is possible: automatic donations, configurable stack mod without remapping existing items, adding new console/chat commands, more kits, private message system, creating admin groups with different permissions...

• 4 weeks later...

Cant seem to compile your api though UE4, tried about everything ;-/

Can compile a blank plugin, but fails when adding your api.

Tried your guide multiple times and tried your plugin source code, both failed and showed some error about try to rebuild manually.

Copied over the api folder to private folder. Changed the ark.lib path to where I coped the file and the needed includes.

(Im pretty much an UE4 noob though)

2 hours ago, FatDude said:

Cant seem to compile your api though UE4, tried about everything ;-/

Can compile a blank plugin, but fails when adding your api.

Tried your guide multiple times and tried your plugin source code, both failed and showed some error about try to rebuild manually.

Copied over the api folder to private folder. Changed the ark.lib path to where I coped the file and the needed includes.

(Im pretty much an UE4 noob though)

Compile it using Visual Studio, not UE4 itself.

Also, your plugin should have same name as api (if you are recompiling it).

I can upload a new version to github that doesn't require UE4, it's not as convenient to use as version with Unreal Engine, because reimplementation of default UE types is not full or missing at all, but it's probably still better.

5 hours ago, Michido said:

Compile it using Visual Studio, not UE4 itself.

Also, your plugin should have same name as api (if you are recompiling it).

I can upload a new version to github that doesn't require UE4, it's not as convenient to use as version with Unreal Engine, because reimplementation of default UE types is not full or missing at all, but it's probably still better.

I dunno, kinda hoped I could just cook up some sql calls via you little tutorial and do a swiftly little command based on one of your plugin examples as a start

Guess the compiling UE4 project is a bit over my head, got a million errors in VS and have no clue whats wrong  ;-/

Tried to follow you tut 1:1, but guess its missing something I just dont know what

11 hours ago, FatDude said:

I dunno, kinda hoped I could just cook up some sql calls via you little tutorial and do a swiftly little command based on one of your plugin examples as a start

Guess the compiling UE4 project is a bit over my head, got a million errors in VS and have no clue whats wrong  ;-/

Tried to follow you tut 1:1, but guess its missing something I just dont know what

Uploaded new version, try it (You don't need UE anymore). Also updated plugins.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting errors when trying to start my server using this plugin. I am using Ark Server Manager to provide automatic updates and twice a day server restarts. I am getting the following errors:

1) ShooterGameServer.exe - System Error "The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

2) ShooterGameServer.exe - System Error "The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I never had these errors before using ASM to start the server before. 

Edited: Apparently pdbreader was flagged as a virus by Trend Micro and completely halted the process.  

• 2 weeks later...

I extracted all files in the zip folder into the win64 folder on my dedicated server and the api doesn't load? The server loads just fine but nothing works my path is: ark survival evolved dedicated server / shootergame/binaries/win64. 

Also downloaded the arkshop plugin and placed plugin folder inside, ArkAPI/BeyondApi/Plugins/Arkshop (folder)

#Michido - Can u get back on steam when you get a chance, have a quick question.

1 hour ago, Gruffbug said:

I extracted all files in the zip folder into the win64 folder on my dedicated server and the api doesn't load? The server loads just fine but nothing works my path is: ark survival evolved dedicated server / shootergame/binaries/win64. 

Also downloaded the arkshop plugin and placed plugin folder inside, ArkAPI/BeyondApi/Plugins/Arkshop (folder)

I guess you downloaded source code instead of binary files. Use link under "Download:" to download it.

http://www.beyondmods.rocks/ark/files/file/27-ark-server-beyond-api-alpha/

19 minutes ago, Gruffbug said:

I downloaded the download this file link. Is that the source file? Went to that link and thats the only download i see. Thanks for the fast reply. I posted screenshot of the link i downloaded.

It's correct, you downloaded right files. It was just my first thought as someone already made the same mistake and you said "zip" when it's actually "rar". So is API working? What do you see in server console?

Yeah it was a rar, and no API working. I run my .bat for my server and it boots up perfectly but nothing shows that the api booted up and the in game chat commands aren't working which is why i assuming it was not installed. Now i am installing it in my arkdedicatedserver directory not ark. If that has anything to do with it. 

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPu4WDbNCVTu5TjLwBGrLmjAigQZaLxc-gIyQ6x

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMeaPEPLw-xDeLogQuWnFD7ahvZ82tVs_Asx6o9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived