ARK: Server API V2.5

Michido

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Kater said:

So I have been trying to get this API to load with a server I have been running for days now.     I have vc x86 and x32 both installed on the system, and have tried the files in several folders in the win64 folder,  But nothing has worked at all yet.

The server is running on Ark Server Manager.  and the only information on installing it to that, is the copying of the api folder to the win64 folder.

Are there any other prerequisites that need to be installed?

If you see nothing in server console, then you installed it wrong. Make a screenshot of your win64 folder.

2 hours ago, wedotang said:

Who can teach me how to change the color and size of the store?And Why is there a problem in the picture? 

20180104215430.png

Expect more options to configure in the next version. I don't see any problem on your screenshot also.

8 hours ago, Michido said:

If you see nothing in server console, then you installed it wrong. Make a screenshot of your win64 folder.

Expect more options to configure in the next version. I don't see any problem on your screenshot also.

Look forward to it! Thank you very much!I'm not familiar with C++,I'm studying it at the moment.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Michido, I have to admit. It took me a long time to find your plugin. I absolutely love it though. I would love to se more plugins made for you api. While I don't think I can make any, I haven't tried. I am having a hard time grasping this type of programming I grew up learning basic. So it's difficult for me to convert over which sucks because I always have lots of good ideas I just cannot implement or do.

Keep up the great work, and I was glad to see it was updated to 2.0 and not a dead project. This is something that is extremely valuable and adds a excellent solution for things that probably simply cannot be done with normal mods.

I am still struggling with the ark dev kit. Because it is so buggy and slow, with the lack of information and support lately, it is frustrating to learn and make mods for.

Also can someone actually make mods to interact with your API system? I mean the points system is awesome. But what would be really cool is to make it more game friendly. So mods can actually use it. Like points are a actual in game item. So say a modder could add points as a in game items found in drops or killing dinos, or exchangeable with in game currency mods. I mean I know one of the currency mods has a whole bounty system in place that is awesome. It would be great for say a other modder to make a mod to exchange the glory coins for points and vise versa. I already learned how to actually make use of the glory coins from a third party mod , but wouldn't know where to start on making use of the points into a mod.

14 hours ago, Blast75 said:

Michido, I have to admit. It took me a long time to find your plugin. I absolutely love it though. I would love to se more plugins made for you api. While I don't think I can make any, I haven't tried. I am having a hard time grasping this type of programming I grew up learning basic. So it's difficult for me to convert over which sucks because I always have lots of good ideas I just cannot implement or do.

Keep up the great work, and I was glad to see it was updated to 2.0 and not a dead project. This is something that is extremely valuable and adds a excellent solution for things that probably simply cannot be done with normal mods.

I am still struggling with the ark dev kit. Because it is so buggy and slow, with the lack of information and support lately, it is frustrating to learn and make mods for.

Also can someone actually make mods to interact with your API system? I mean the points system is awesome. But what would be really cool is to make it more game friendly. So mods can actually use it. Like points are a actual in game item. So say a modder could add points as a in game items found in drops or killing dinos, or exchangeable with in game currency mods. I mean I know one of the currency mods has a whole bounty system in place that is awesome. It would be great for say a other modder to make a mod to exchange the glory coins for points and vise versa. I already learned how to actually make use of the glory coins from a third party mod , but wouldn't know where to start on making use of the points into a mod.

You can always suggest some ideas on forum and they might be implemented.

I'm not sure if it's possible for mod to interact with a plugin in any way but, for example, exchanging glory coins for points is definitely possible and can be done from a plugin.

Archived