Will mechanical vehicles ever be introduced?

courtx

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, courtx said:

I've been out of the loop for a while, but way on early in the game there were a 4x4 jeep in the devkit although it would cause crashes, is there any plans to give jeeps/helicopters into the game? 

It depends on the focus right now tbqh. Gas powered vehicles have always been listed as one of the planned core features within the game. But with that said, as seen with the playerbase requested creatures, diseases, and continued unfortunate delay of release, plans can and do change.

Might be a major headache depending on how they work....

Right now it's a hassle with dinos getting stuck on rocks, trees n what not....
Imagine how a jeep or whatever would be, unless they make it so it just destroys everything it runs over. Otherwise it'd only be usable on the beaches, and desert, depending on the map.

I think some sort of motocross bike or a gyrocopter would be cool. these vehicles are nowhere near powerful battlevehicles.

The Bike could be used for fast traveling and scouting.

The gyrocopter is just a very small helicopter without weapons, so its just a fast flying vehicle for scouting or delivering items.

Of course you could use a fast raptor=Bike or ptera=helicopter, but it would still be fun to use them. At least you can just build one again after your game crashed and went down. Better than losing a dino:D

They had a dune buggy in the game early on (available only to modders and not on officials) but it was extremely buggy, so it's hard to say if they'll implement it back in at some point or vehicles at all.  I remember in a digest they said there would be an upgraded version of a boat so who knows.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 hours ago, Gelantious said:

Imagine how a jeep or whatever would be, unless they make it so it just destroys everything it runs over.

That's literally how the mod asset buggy works/worked. Trees and dinos it chewed through like toilet paper. Rocks and water were the only things that gave it any pause.

23 hours ago, seXikanac said:

Mechanic vehicles, same as future Tek power suits shouldn't be added to game at all. We want prehistoric feel in game, now Super Mario Cart or Need 4 Speed

I would tend to agree with this.  Isn't that why they have primitive?  To do away with the tek in vanilla?  Will they then have tek+?  Rockets and spaceships and hyper space??  Oh wait ... the ark is a spaceship nvm LOL.

Archived