Primitive Plus Patch 1.4 Releasing January 15, 2017.

leucreavus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what; this update came at the perfect time. This patch literally destroyed my base and I refuse to spend a f*cking week rebuilding it. These "bug fixes" are a joke. I've been patient. I've been playing prim plus since it launched. But this is so stupid that I'm ready to walk away, aaaand guess what will be available on steam in two days? Conan Exiles!!! Who's coming with me??? Prim plus is dead on Ark-they are never going to get it right and it's dead obvious now. Let's go play a real primitive survival game-you know...where they actually try to fix the content for us.

Yeah...and how big is your base kid? I will gladly come check it out so I can adopt your sodium free diet. This update means I have to put in an additional 50-70 hours to rebuild sh*t that I HAVE ALREADY BUILT. And if I refuse it will all go poof in the next update. And it's not just click here once and replace with said wall. Most of my walls, once they are removed, can not be placed back because of a ramp, or spike, or additional ceiling, or chest, or oil tank, or holy f*ck I can list 60 different things. There isn't anything "fun" or "improved" in regards to that. And once I'm done, am I left with improved building mechanics? No! its the same poop they had day 1 with the broken doorframes. Dude we are supposed to use the forums to voice our complaints; if we don't then they won't prioritize improving prim plus. It has been six months now, and there are still bugs that were present the first month. You either don't play prim plus or don't care. The reality is that if prim plus continues with this sort of "polishing" then it won't be a part of the actual game when the devs actually decide on an official launch.

On 1/28/2017 at 11:07 AM, Quadsteak said:

You know what; this update came at the perfect time. This patch literally destroyed my base and I refuse to spend a f*cking week rebuilding it. These "bug fixes" are a joke. I've been patient. I've been playing prim plus since it launched. But this is so stupid that I'm ready to walk away, aaaand guess what will be available on steam in two days? Conan Exiles!!! Who's coming with me??? Prim plus is dead on Ark-they are never going to get it right and it's dead obvious now. Let's go play a real primitive survival game-you know...where they actually try to fix the content for us.

After watching the game, Conan looks so juvenile. Not the win that people were hoping for. Hopefully you didn't pull the trigger too quickly on that one.

On 1/28/2017 at 3:13 PM, Quadsteak said:

Yeah...and how big is your base kid? I will gladly come check it out so I can adopt your sodium free diet. This update means I have to put in an additional 50-70 hours to rebuild sh*t that I HAVE ALREADY BUILT. And if I refuse it will all go poof in the next update. And it's not just click here once and replace with said wall. Most of my walls, once they are removed, can not be placed back because of a ramp, or spike, or additional ceiling, or chest, or oil tank, or holy f*ck I can list 60 different things. There isn't anything "fun" or "improved" in regards to that. And once I'm done, am I left with improved building mechanics? No! its the same poop they had day 1 with the broken doorframes. Dude we are supposed to use the forums to voice our complaints; if we don't then they won't prioritize improving prim plus. It has been six months now, and there are still bugs that were present the first month. You either don't play prim plus or don't care. The reality is that if prim plus continues with this sort of "polishing" then it won't be a part of the actual game when the devs actually decide on an official launch.

I think a bit of perspective helps. No one should get too angry over a video game. There are things in life that matter and are worth our anger and passion. Video games are not one of them.

• 2 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Jtmorris said:

After watching the game, Conan looks so juvenile. Not the win that people were hoping for. Hopefully you didn't pull the trigger too quickly on that one.

I think a bit of perspective helps. No one should get too angry over a video game. There are things in life that matter and are worth our anger and passion. Video games are not one of them.

You obviously aren't a real gamer if you feel that video games don't warrant your passion. And if you aren't a real gamer then you shouldn't even be commenting on these forums anyway. I was a huge supporter of prim plus for a very long time and tried to get as many of my friends to play it so the devs would focus more attention on it. And you obviously have not put many hours into prim plus otherwise you would understand our concerns for the modded version of the game. Not being able to walk through top tier doors is a pretty raptoring noticeable bug; and it was still present 6 months later. If the devs don't see anyone getting upset about it on the forums then they will simply allocate their resources to other aspects of the game(tek tier cough cough-which is content primitive players don't have access to.) Btw I did try playing conan, and yes, in the end I was disappointed. I have come back to ARK and I am now playing on the No Tame NA server. I checked and it seems there still hasn't been a major prim plus update(1.5) since I was last posted-which means the bugs are probably even worse by now.

On 4/17/2017 at 10:04 PM, Quadsteak said:

You obviously aren't a real gamer if you feel that video games don't warrant your passion. And if you aren't a real gamer then you shouldn't even be commenting on these forums anyway. I was a huge supporter of prim plus for a very long time and tried to get as many of my friends to play it so the devs would focus more attention on it. And you obviously have not put many hours into prim plus otherwise you would understand our concerns for the modded version of the game. Not being able to walk through top tier doors is a pretty raptoring noticeable bug; and it was still present 6 months later. If the devs don't see anyone getting upset about it on the forums then they will simply allocate their resources to other aspects of the game(tek tier cough cough-which is content primitive players don't have access to.) Btw I did try playing conan, and yes, in the end I was disappointed. I have come back to ARK and I am now playing on the No Tame NA server. I checked and it seems there still hasn't been a major prim plus update(1.5) since I was last posted-which means the bugs are probably even worse by now.

I may not agree that you should feel angry but passionate is what I am about P+. As I didn't even play 20h of vanilla ARK :D. P+ is the way to go and while voicing your concerns is the right thing to do, I see these forums filled with complaints of "WC don't care" and smth like that. It's not productive. The best thing for P+ is player base, if you want P+ to succeed play it. Or go and be a tester on the P+ beta server.
I think not many realize that WC left P+ to be soloed by Ced, and while this is wrong, it's the reality. Not to mention that from what I gather he has to work on other projects too... Maybe WC really don't care, but whining about it won't change a thing. Patience, my fellow survivors! :)

On 4/17/2017 at 0:04 PM, Quadsteak said:

Sorry that the reality check offended you. 

No, I'm not a 'no lifer' if that's what you mean by gamer. And sorry, but these are not elitist forums like you seem to perceive them as. Not sure where you got that idea. I have no desire to prove anything to you. I agree about sharing bugs and also being passionate. However, being passionate does not directly correlate with being a jerk or losing your temper, nor should one treat it as a license to overreact. If this is your definition of gamer, then you can keep it. These forums are filled with people overreacting over a game. Fixes will come, but we don't call the shots on when. So share and remember that there are real people who read your comments, and learn to relax and enjoy some perspective. 

• 2 months later...

I now understand that there is only one guy working on primitive plus.  The modder himself.  So he has a lot of work to do on his own.  Though I still agree the devs need to do a poop ton of fixing all own there stuff.  I pumped oxygen in my co-op game with my wife.  And nothing can catch me in the water.  And I get on my Pelagornis.  And I travel across the map in about 20 seconds.  Also where the hell are all the trilobites?  they used to swarm.

Archived