Primitive Plus Patch 1.4 Releasing January 15, 2017.

leucreavus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Probitas said:

And are we able to use the DLC on all three server instances? If used on SE, will I survive?

SE is its own DLC, as prim+ is a total conversion of the game, it changes a lot and is not usable on SE. However prim+ is available for Center/Island maps. You can play Prim+ on single player mode, however it bugs out even worse and I would not recommend it.

See the problem is that if Prim+ had not been co-opted into a DLC, I'm betting that it would be adjusted to work with all the maps by the modder as part of his modding. WC I think is ensuring it will NOT work with SE for some reason, what I don't know. It's like they took it so they could control how it was used, more than anything else.

The other problem is that if you want to run all three maps as a part of a cluster, if you run Prim+ on Island and Center but not on SE then the game breaks because of a mismatch.

That's a really bad design process, create DLC, co-opt a mod into a DLC, and then have a situation where the DLC will not work together with all the maps in a cluster. What's the point of clusters then if you can't have them all work together? That's enforced gameplay limitation for no reason, or at least no valid reason other than Prim+ doesn't work with SE, because it makes it too hard (which I find dubious, it just makes it so that you won't be building certain items that will not cause you to die if you don't have them.)

As it is just running all three servers without mods has it's own issues, many which have been reported. Which just all goes back to needing the base game fixed instead of all this other expansion. (And I'm sure that Prim+ actually preventing the Tek Tier from being used is a part of this too - because if you play Prim+ then what you want is a base game that isn't full of bugs being used to host a DLC that also has it's own bugs - bugs on top of bugs - making for a poor experience: you certainly don't care about the Tek tier at all.)

56 minutes ago, OneBadHuskerFan said:

I asked him on his Twitter in regards to an Xbox One patch and haven't heard back.  I'm assuming it'll be a week or two after the PC patch, but I don't know.  Hopeful we'll get it on the Xbox not too long after PC guys get it.

Yeah, the XBox patches are usually a week or two after, as they have to be approved by Microsoft.

On 1/6/2017 at 11:46 PM, Stoll said:

I assume there are no patch notes yet? :ph34r:

Looks like there was some listed during Community Crunch #78.

On 1/6/2017 at 7:52 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! Happy 2017! :Jerbhi:

Primitive Plus Update!

Hello to all my fellow survivors!

While it may seem that Primitive+ has reached a stalling point, I can assure you that there is a ton of work being done behind the scenes.  As we near closer to the inevitable launch of the core game, I’ve been brainstorming on how that content will interact with Primitive+.  In order for primitive players to experience the same gameplay I’ve realized that Primitive+ will need a tek tier of it’s own!

While you shouldn’t expect anything too futuristic or outside of what’s generally considered primitive, there may be some things that don’t align with the core primitive experience that a lot of players seek.  Certain compromises will have the be made so that things like end-game content that might be nestled inside of high level caves are achievable for those on Primitive+

In the next update you can expect to see Primitive+ updated to be in line with the current ARK version in terms of content and gameplay.  There will also be some new content in the next patch that I’ve been working on.  Going forward, there will be a monthly update that adds new content and refines things that already exist.  The last patch will contain only balance changes and bug fixes.  I don’t want to leave you out of the loop on what’s in store for the future, so without further ado, the tentative 1.4 patch list scheduled for 1/15.  Keep in mind this will not include the bug fixes that will be included (I’ll be sure to update the patch notes to include bug fixes as we near closer to the patch date).

Primitive Plus 1.4

• Compound Bow - Increased accuracy / More damage
  • New Lumber Structure Tier - New Windows/Doors
  • New Brick/Concrete Tier
  • Advanced Workbench - Reduces the overall cost (resources) of items crafted
  • Yurt - A tent that you may drop and pick up which also allows for structure placement
  • Cooking Recipes
  • Memory usage reduced / texture optimization

large.4.png

large.7.png

large.3.png

large.2.png

Here’s a few more things that are on the drawing board for future patches:

• Alchemy Table
  • Rope Bridge
  • Battering Ram
  • Greek Fire
  • Throwing Daggers
  • Blow Gun
  • More cooking recipes
  • Industrial Forge

large.5.png

large.6.png

Keep in mind, things that are on the drawing board are tentative.  Be sure to check future posts for the specifics of what’s going into each patch. OK, back to the lab!

Ced

Same, just got on-nothing new. Where can we find the patch notes? I see that it was intended to have them listed somewhere already from the post above. I'm just really hoping the brick wall snap points have been fixed. Also, has anyone noticed that the diplo kibble doesn't work? Sorry, I just really should read the patch notes for this one.

Well, there are only 3.5 hrs until midnight in Eastern time. I'm going to just assume the patch is not ready for prime time. If it was it would have been up hours ago. At this point, it would have been better to state it would be released Jan 16, or not even pin a date down, just say rough idea. Not keeping people in the loop on something you are doing for them is one of those things that really turns my crank. Just a quick post to state it's delayed or some kind of update. I don't want to call it being professional. How about basic courtesy? I do NOT pin this on Complex...this falls on the overlords at WC. I can't even begin to imagine how stressful it must be to try updating something and your boss keeps telling you to add more stuff at the same time. Like trying to make a touchdown on a field that keeps getting longer no matter how fast you run.

And this company is not even close to the perfectionism over at RSI.

1 hour ago, Probitas said:

Well, there are only 3.5 hrs until midnight in Eastern time. I'm going to just assume the patch is not ready for prime time. If it was it would have been up hours ago. At this point, it would have been better to state it would be released Jan 16, or not even pin a date down, just say rough idea. Not keeping people in the loop on something you are doing for them is one of those things that really turns my crank. Just a quick post to state it's delayed or some kind of update. I don't want to call it being professional. How about basic courtesy? I do NOT pin this on Complex...this falls on the overlords at WC. I can't even begin to imagine how stressful it must be to try updating something and your boss keeps telling you to add more stuff at the same time. Like trying to make a touchdown on a field that keeps getting longer no matter now fast you run.

And this company is not even close to the perfectionism over at RSI.

Wow couldnt have said it better myself.  I do not mind patches being delayed, but as long as they post something about it being delayed.  If the patch isnt ready, all that it takes is a quick 2 minute update to the forums.

Players have been asking WC to be more communicative about things for a long time now.  If they haven't started by now, they aren't going to.  Good luck finding anything from any of them other than the new 'features' coming... like the 200 posts "Drake" has on his Twitter about beards.... Cuz, y'know... that's the most important thing right now.

Archived