I know we all probably search this once every fortnightly.

We are all anticipating the announcement for the Ark Survival Cross Platform Play and the list of medium that will support this.

I can imagine there is major amount of work that has to go into developing something this big across multiple platforms, however this has been in the pipeline for quite a lengthy amount of time. Needless to say just announcing that it was in the pipeline got me extremely excited, and with that my expectation of the game grew dramatically.

I envision playing my XBOX picking up my newly recruited PC & PS4 friends and starting a revolution towards some of these alpha tribes ruling the world. Bringing the joys of Ark and hatred together on one network.

I just really want to know when this will be available or when can we expect to test it!

From a distant ark to you..

Survivor 53

#REXSWillRULE

Pc players would destroy console player this would have to be the worst idea WC has come up with as a pc play i'm not against us getting a few more servers but you should! every thing from aim inventory management and established mega alpha would see the pc crowed at a massive advantage and i've never met one that does not like a bit of console bashing. If you don't think major pc tribes would not just invade and wipe console servers your mad.

anyway as for an eta if it ever happen i would guess 8+ months

• 1 month later...

The nice thing is, with the server hosting the mods, xbox clients would be able to DL the mod and be able to run them also. Maybe "XBOX Approved" mod cert. Say Structures plus, Xbox approved" so Xbox would get extended features. Should also mean xbox experience would go up, b/c a Ded computer "Should" have better hardware then a "Server" xbox. I own 3 xbox one's, one for ark/minecraft server, 2 so wife and I can play unbound. 

-Nick

• Volunteer Moderator

The chances of you playing with PS4 players on Xbox is slim. Sony probably won't allow it. As for Xbox pc you can have it they will destroy you keyboard n mouse will always win not to mention macros hacks cheats their hardware is far superior better quality. I have no interest in playing against pc players unless I'm on my pc.

Xbox video keeps up fine, It doesn't have to be a "Both" server on all, but would be a great option to host on PC and play on xbox. You'd be easily able to filter Pc players, xbox players or both allowed on server.

Making it avail to PS4 will at least put the pressure on sony. The nice thing is the Core structure will allow cross platform, as most of the info you stream through the network is only character info, location, inventory, what doing, ect, everything else is on server side, and the client processes the world texture on it's own. 

-Nick

I hope they do not do this it would probably break the game all the cheaters from and mega tribes from pc could come to Xbox servers and run wild crossing servers is chaotic enough to me 

in my opinion they need to quit adding so much new stuff and fix the already big problems such as Dino's glitching through the map/ major server lag, random game crashes and freezing.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2017 at 1:11 PM, CCRogerWilco said:

I am guessing that Sony and Microsoft are actively preventing this in their developer licenses.

I don't know of any games that allow cross platform between Steam, Xbox/Windows Live and/or PlayStation.

Do you know any examples?

Final Fantasy MMO has been cross platform since launch.   As is ESO.

• 1 month later...
  • Volunteer Moderator

i have been digging around for a while now and cannot find anything that states there will be "cross-platform" play (exception the ps4 articles). after reading everything i can find on the xbonez "play anywhere" i see nothing that states cross-platform compatibility or if you can even host an xbox server on a windows10 machine. there has been alot of misinformation/speculation regarding these topics, even microsoft has had to change how its worded things in relation to play anywhere. fyi- "cross-play" is not "cross platform play". some of the links i found interesting although pretty weak on specific details:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-play-anywhere

https://news.xbox.com/2016/09/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-play-anywhere/

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/08/microsoft-xbox-play-anywhere-edit/

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-play-anywhere-games

as far as ps4/ps4Pro there is this article that says its posted by Jeremy himself stating:

"One feature we’re particularly excited to bring to PS4 players early next year is the concept of player-run, PC-hosted dedicated servers for PS4 users to play on. These servers will have higher maximum player counts and lots of customizable settings, for hardcore server administrators to tune everything to their liking. We’re working on it, and it’s looking promising!"

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/06/ark-survival-evolved-out-today-on-ps4/

then there is also this article that states it was planned but unsure if it will actually come to fruition:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/764510/ARK-Survival-Evolved-PS4-Nintendo-Switch-games-Studio-Wildcard 

so ya....guess its still up in the air. there could of course be issues (many really) with true cross-platform play, but overall i think it would be a good thing. guess we just wait to see....

***seems copy/paste of the links will be required lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/02/2017 at 6:11 PM, CCRogerWilco said:

I am guessing that Sony and Microsoft are actively preventing this in their developer licenses.

I don't know of any games that allow cross platform between Steam, Xbox/Windows Live and/or PlayStation.

Do you know any examples?

FF Onlin XIV: it's actually one of the only ones I know of that actually is PC/PS4 Cross play gaming. 

On Developer License I highly doubt it my self, unless they come up with something it's always gonna be a clash between both consoles and PC with all this happening when Cross Platform comes into question upon this sort of thing. But even saying that they did say cross platform would more likely be seen between Xbox and pc and maybe Sony would be more a side project if it happens. 

Dont mean to re open this post. 

instead of focusing on having exclusives they should make it free for platforms to play with eachother.

and it's up to players to choose whether they want to play with PC or not. I have a friend who owns a PS4 but no PC and he'd love to play but won't because he wouldn't be able to play with the rest of us. maybe in the far future ...

6 minutes ago, Ryanmo said:

instead of focusing on having exclusives they should make it free for platforms to play with eachother.

and it's up to players to choose whether they want to play with PC or not. I have a friend who owns a PS4 but no PC and he'd love to play but won't because he wouldn't be able to play with the rest of us. maybe in the far future ...

If they charge, the company can make more money. More money equals more production ?

On 5/23/2017 at 5:08 PM, ThzNutz said:

"One feature we’re particularly excited to bring to PS4 players early next year is the concept of player-run, PC-hosted dedicated servers for PS4 users to play on. These servers will have higher maximum player counts and lots of customizable settings, for hardcore server administrators to tune everything to their liking. We’re working on it, and it’s looking promising!"

I know this is a late reply but rented servers on Xbox has been something me and my friends have been waiting a LONG time for.  We all stopped playing shortly after the Center was released on Xbox because we just couldn't fully enjoy public servers and player dedicated ones...suck lol. We had no idea it'd be this long with nothing solid. 

PC hosted servers sounds nice but we are REALLY hoping for rented servers. Something we know will be a solid connection (not relying on somebodies PC/connection) I posted on reddit about it about 6 months ago and Jat replied. However I haven't been able to get any kind of update. 

I was wondering if you have heard or seen any other news on this? I've tried searching it's just so hard with so many people still thinking "cross platform is coming so you can just use any server renting service"

• 2 months later...

Archived