PC 795 SE PvE vrs Rock Elementals

Aspen2008

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, CriticalDjin said:

Since my base got wrecked so many times, I decided to put up metal dino gates all around my base with 2 behemoth gates. It works perfectly. Except that 2 days ago, they just parked 3 elementals in front of my behemoth gate. Nevertheless, I ate those with my 2 gigas (thanks for the xp!). It works but it is pretty expensive.. say 200 ingots per gate. Needed about 65 but it works like a charm

we have tested wild golem pulling and found in fact this is a Dev issue. the boulders thrown by golems are pvp marked and will damage ANYTHING... This means, all I have to do is make it follow me, throw a few rocks at me, miss and take our your BH gate. once inside I can have it throw rocks at all your boxes and take everything... This is a fix that needs to be fixed asap.

1 hour ago, Aspen2008 said:

we have tested wild golem pulling and found in fact this is a Dev issue. the boulders thrown by golems are pvp marked and will damage ANYTHING... This means, all I have to do is make it follow me, throw a few rocks at me, miss and take our your BH gate. once inside I can have it throw rocks at all your boxes and take everything... This is a fix that needs to be fixed asap.

Ah yeah, the mentioned behemoths are also metal so I'm safe on that.. but I just found out they throw the rocks over the regular metal dino gates and punch holes in my dino pen anyway.. do I really have to put up metal behemoth gates to shield my base off?

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2017 at 1:18 AM, CriticalDjin said:

Same happened to me on xbox pve 884. Got about 5 or 6 lured within 2 weeks. Killed all 4 220+ wyverns, 250+ rex's and all of my base itself including storage. 3 months of solo work down the drain cause of some toddler who probably never even talked to me before. Smh.

Hi Critical, we had trolls enter 986 this weekend and completely flattened mine and many other bases. One of the trolls managed to give their XBL name away by getting dced in a death spot and we tracked them back to 884 through their videos/screen captures. The idiots had failed to put their contacts and other information to private.

The tribe in question is 420, can be found at Midlands 1 and is run by XBL names 'The True Ginge' and 'SHOTAfinch'. They also run on server 420.

27 minutes ago, Grimelight said:

Hi Critical, we had trolls enter 986 this weekend and completely flattened mine and many other bases. One of the trolls managed to give their XBL name away by getting dced in a death spot and we tracked them back to 884 through their videos/screen captures. The idiots had failed to put their contacts and other information to private.

The tribe in question is 420, can be found at Midlands 1 and is run by XBL names 'The True Ginge' and 'SHOTAfinch'. They also run on server 420.

Are you for real....? I helped those guys out a lot... do you have any proof of this in any way? If so, they are done for..

5 hours ago, CriticalDjin said:

Are you for real....? I helped those guys out a lot... do you have any proof of this in any way? If so, they are done for..

I can only offer you anecdotal evidence really. They've been filmed but under their alias name of Tommyroll, tribe name was Happy People. I'd encourage you to join 986 and ask some questions regarding what they did. EVERYONE was affected. This wasn't a couple of bases... over the series of a few days since Saturday they systematically wiped/hit most tribes.

I've quit the game for now since I got wiped Sunday but I've received message that a group of 5 tribes from 986 wiped their 884 base, 420 base and is working on finding their Center map. Still leaves a bitter taste; 25 wyverns, 2 bred rexes, a bunch of mantis and a load of other dinos killed while I was asleep. Not to mention my entire base was leveled except for my perimeter pillars and walls.

Feel free to add me on XBL and I can talk you through it.

2 hours ago, Grimelight said:

I can only offer you anecdotal evidence really. They've been filmed but under their alias name of Tommyroll, tribe name was Happy People. I'd encourage you to join 986 and ask some questions regarding what they did. EVERYONE was affected. This wasn't a couple of bases... over the series of a few days since Saturday they systematically wiped/hit most tribes.

I've quit the game for now since I got wiped Sunday but I've received message that a group of 5 tribes from 986 wiped their 884 base, 420 base and is working on finding their Center map. Still leaves a bitter taste; 25 wyverns, 2 bred rexes, a bunch of mantis and a load of other dinos killed while I was asleep. Not to mention my entire base was leveled except for my perimeter pillars and walls.

Feel free to add me on XBL and I can talk you through it.

Ahhh.. no I believe you.. I was about to wipe his this afternoon. But I couldn't find his base anywhere. This rather explains why I couldn't find it though. I think I will start a hunt on 420 myself as well. I'm sorry to hear about all you lost.. if I can help in any way, please let me know, and thanks for this

its truly simple how you can protect your base. its too bad ppl have no common sense and instead, blindly raise and tame animals when they know there is a problem with rock golem.s

USE METAL PILLARS OR METAL DINO GATES OUTSIDE YOUR WALLS!!!!. This will stop the golem from ever making it to your main base. We have been kited to 1 time and immediately came together as a tribe and put together over 30k worth of metal in gates. If your tribe is A. Taming  B. Raising or C. Building and your gates are not metal you are asking to be kited to.

Jumping Jack flash is a tribe that came on our server speficially to kite. This is a common occurrence. They did it by aggroing the golem, when it through the rock they would hide behind structures and it does actually damage the tribes stuff.

TLDR:

USE METAL DINO GETS OR PILLARS ON YOUR DENG GATES.

3 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

its truly simple how you can protect your base. its too bad ppl have no common sense and instead, blindly raise and tame animals when they know there is a problem with rock golem.s

USE METAL PILLARS OR METAL DINO GATES OUTSIDE YOUR WALLS!!!!. This will stop the golem from ever making it to your main base. We have been kited to 1 time and immediately came together as a tribe and put together over 30k worth of metal in gates. If your tribe is A. Taming  B. Raising or C. Building and your gates are not metal you are asking to be kited to.

Jumping Jack flash is a tribe that came on our server speficially to kite. This is a common occurrence. They did it by aggroing the golem, when it through the rock they would hide behind structures and it does actually damage the tribes stuff.

TLDR:

USE METAL DINO GETS OR PILLARS ON YOUR DENG GATES.

Asking to be kited to? Are you freaking kidding me? Bunch of low lifes shouldn't be pulling that stuff off in the first place. And no, I didn't know anything about a rock elemental problem untill I found my base completely leveled, losing all wyverns, rexs and other dinos. I was a one man tribe, living a peaceful life on a pve server, specifically for that reason, not asking for any of it.

1 minute ago, CriticalDjin said:

Asking to be kited to? Are you freaking kidding me? Bunch of low lifes shouldn't be pulling that stuff off in the first place. And no, I didn't know anything about a rock elemental problem untill I found my base completely leveled, losing all wyverns, rexs and other dinos. I was a one man tribe, living a peaceful life on a pve server, specifically for that reason, not asking for any of it.

IF YOU WOULD HAVE READ MY THREAD BEFORE YOU WOULDNT HAVE BEEN LIKE ALL THE OTHER PPL WHO LOST THERE BASE. TAKE THIS AS A WARNING, THIS GUY WASNT SO LUCKY!

AND YES YOU ARE ASKING TO BE KITED TO. BECAUSE YOU RAISED WYVERNS, TAMED REXES, AND OTHERWISE SPENT YOUR TIME UNWISELY INSTEAD OF PROTECTING THAT OF WHICH YOU ARE AQUIRED. . GRIND THE METAL YOU WILL THANK ME LATER.

THIS IS NOT MEANT AS AN ATTACK ON ANYONE, THIS IS A PREVENTATIVE MEASURE!

ALL CAPS BABY LOL

This game is for fun.

Does grinding metal sound like a fun activity?

Why should we have to grind just so we can have fun in the game?

I've had one base destroyed because I didn't have metal pillars completely around it and was attacked by griefers. I actually spent several hours grinding out some pillars. Installed them and found I was about 20 pillars short. Meant to get back to it eventually. That eventually was after the base was destroyed.

But why should I have to spend hours in this game for something that is not even PVE. A PVP mechanic in a PVE game?

21 hours ago, CriticalDjin said:

Ahhh.. no I believe you.. I was about to wipe his this afternoon. But I couldn't find his base anywhere. This rather explains why I couldn't find it though. I think I will start a hunt on 420 myself as well. I'm sorry to hear about all you lost.. if I can help in any way, please let me know, and thanks for this

Hey Critical, some reason I can't pm you on here.. would you mind sending me your XBL name. One of the guys I roll with thought up the idea of setting up some kind of watchdog between our servers.

19 hours ago, wildbill said:

This game is for fun.

Does grinding metal sound like a fun activity?

Why should we have to grind just so we can have fun in the game?

I've had one base destroyed because I didn't have metal pillars completely around it and was attacked by griefers. I actually spent several hours grinding out some pillars. Installed them and found I was about 20 pillars short. Meant to get back to it eventually. That eventually was after the base was destroyed.

But why should I have to spend hours in this game for something that is not even PVE. A PVP mechanic in a PVE game?

Typical PVE ideaology.

This is PVE I shouldn't have to protect my base omg!!

And you ask why you should have to spend hours grinding to protect your base? Uhhh so people don't grief you. yes this is PVE, tell that to the people kiting golems to ppls bases for no apparent reason.

Have fun reading the death logs lol

3 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Typical PVE ideaology.

This is PVE I shouldn't have to protect my base omg!!

And you ask why you should have to spend hours grinding to protect your base? Uhhh so people don't grief you. yes this is PVE, tell that to the people kiting golems to ppls bases for no apparent reason.

Have fun reading the death logs lol

Ya, most of us playing PVE would like to not have PVP aspects in the PVE version of the game. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm also a realist, and do add some protections to my base. Kind of on the philosophy that when a greifer sees two bases, one much easier to grief (and griefers are nothing but lazy jerks), they will pick the easy one. If they actually wanted a challenge, they would play PVP, so my base is relatively safe from these jerks.

Ya, the death logs are another subject, they really suck when it comes to figuring out anything about what really happened. Once again, they have been nerfed for the PVP players, and the nerf found its way into the PVE mode of the game also.

Now do you see what I'm talking about? I'm not advocating doing nothing to protect our bases, just that there is a lot that could be done that isn't being done to make PVE more about PVE and not about passive aggressive PVP.

2 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Ya, most of us playing PVE would like to not have PVP aspects in the PVE version of the game. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm also a realist, and do add some protections to my base. Kind of on the philosophy that when a greifer sees two bases, one much easier to grief (and griefers are nothing but lazy jerks), they will pick the easy one. If they actually wanted a challenge, they would play PVP, so my base is relatively safe from these jerks.

Ya, the death logs are another subject, they really suck when it comes to figuring out anything about what really happened. Once again, they have been nerfed for the PVP players, and the nerf found its way into the PVE mode of the game also.

Now do you see what I'm talking about? I'm not advocating doing nothing to protect our bases, just that there is a lot that could be done that isn't being done to make PVE more about PVE and not about passive aggressive PVP.

Very nice, well structured response.

Yes more should be done however it is not even been addressed. I am just trying to protect ppl and there hard work/time spent. We were kited to and logged in to them having about 10 golems at our gates trying to get them in. If it wasn't for the Metal they would have destroyed our base and over 50 wyverns, may mantis, golems, gigas etc.

Good luck and sorry to hear bout your base.

29 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Very nice, well structured response.

Yes more should be done however it is not even been addressed. I am just trying to protect ppl and there hard work/time spent. We were kited to and logged in to them having about 10 golems at our gates trying to get them in. If it wasn't for the Metal they would have destroyed our base and over 50 wyverns, may mantis, golems, gigas etc.

Good luck and sorry to hear bout your base.

Thanks.

I think while raising wyverns this weekend, I will add some metal gateways on the side of the base where most of the golems are. I'm thinking not the actual door part of the gate though, maybe add that at a later date, as it would block any rocks thrown. Really not looking forward to this though. We do have a good metal collecting base, but unfortunately had to make part of it with metal floors (because of golems), so it is pretty hard to stay in it very long. 

I really don't like the golems as they are currently implemented in the game, if you can't tell :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am the Midnight mentioned earlier in this thread. I am still on the server. The griefer who destroyed the bases have decided to move in and live on the server since there is so much more room now.... I have made it my purpose to make that choice as difficult as possible for them. (this is due to tickets submitted with absolute proof of kiting golems returning a "we will take no action" response thereby indicating it is not against the rules to kite golems) Despite that they still gained a foothold after finally building in metal.

To anyone who states that it is the victims fault for not defending against other players they are just plain ignorant. That is PvP talk. It matters not that people CAN grief each other. The idea that all who play PvE should know that they can be griefed is just plain ignorant. There has been a HUGE influx of new gamers since Christmas with all the Steam deals and none of them consider the idea that on a Player versus Environment server that you have to defend against other players. To expect them to know better is ignorance. PvE is broken plain and simple. This is solely on the shoulders of the developers. They have the means and ability to fix this (the focus of late has been clearly PvP though in bug fixes). No not completely but enough to make it not worth while. Currently is it is just rediculously easy...as in a lvl 1 griefer can (and has) in under an hour destroy a lvl 90's  hard crafted base and tames that took 2-4 months to farm-build-tamebreed. I have outlined how in very simple terms in my thread here all that is needed to fix it...enough:

And here:

38 minutes ago, Midnight_ said:

I am the Midnight mentioned earlier in this thread. I am still on the server. The griefer who destroyed the bases have decided to move in and live on the server since there is so much more room now.... I have made it my purpose to make that choice as difficult as possible for them. (this is due to tickets submitted with absolute proof of kiting golems returning a "we will take no action" response thereby indicating it is not against the rules to kite golems) Despite that they still gained a foothold after finally building in metal.

To anyone who states that it is the victims fault for not defending against other players they are just plain ignorant. That is PvP talk. It matters not that people CAN grief each other. The idea that all who play PvE should know that they can be griefed is just plain ignorant. There has been a HUGE influx of new gamers since Christmas with all the Steam deals and none of them consider the idea that on a Player versus Environment server that you have to defend against other players. To expect them to know better is ignorance. PvE is broken plain and simple. This is solely on the shoulders of the developers. They have the means and ability to fix this (the focus of late has been clearly PvP though in bug fixes). No not completely but enough to make it not worth while. Currently is it is just rediculously easy...as in a lvl 1 griefer can (and has) in under an hour destroy a lvl 90's  hard crafted base and tames that took 2-4 months to farm-build-tamebreed. I have outlined how in very simple terms in my thread here all that is needed to fix it...enough:

And here:

Ignorant?

Ignorance is acting like this is not a problem and you shouldn't protect your base. Then crying that your base got rekkkteded because you couldn't spend a few days to protect that of which you acquired over months of playing.

If you live by this ideology you should leave your doors unlocked in your car and your house open because people shouldn't steal anything as that's just mean.

LOLOLOLOLOL I love it

Build a metal wall or metal dinosaur gates its not that expensive, if something is valuable to you why do you make your main walls about of adobe? Main house should be adobe with a metal shell around it. Its just being smarter then the other fools in this game, and you then dont have anything to worry about.

This is a survival game its not hello kitty island adventure....On the island and the center its gigas being kited there is a easy fix for that 4 stand high walls of metal or metal dino gates.

On 1/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Ignorant?

Ignorance is acting like this is not a problem and you shouldn't protect your base. Then crying that your base got rekkkteded because you couldn't spend a few days to protect that of which you acquired over months of playing.

If you live by this ideology you should leave your doors unlocked in your car and your house open because people shouldn't steal anything as that's just mean.

LOLOLOLOLOL I love it

Not true any dino with an aoe attack can hit a base, Brontos, rexs, Gigas, for a few examples and the rock elemental maybe learn the game and upgrade your base to protect yourself. Also people who have plant cannons at the base turned on can aggro elementals dinos etc

I couldnt agree with you more.

14 hours ago, Frozenhole said:

Not true any dino with an aoe attack can hit a base, Brontos, rexs, Gigas, for a few examples and the rock elemental maybe learn the game and upgrade your base to protect yourself. Also people who have plant cannons at the base turned on can aggro elementals dinos etc

I couldnt agree with you more.

I don't think you have played scorched a lot, do you? First, 4 walls high doesn't do much as elementals will throw over those walls, destroying everything adobe/dinos inside anyway. Also plant turrets aren't available on scorched. 

Archived