PC 795 SE PvE vrs Rock Elementals

Aspen2008

Just like to say, thanks... it was fun..

You added in Rock elementals to Se, and gave players the ability to pull a slow moving wrecking ball to players bases.

Over the holidays, 795 SE PvE has been wiped of most tribes bases. with a lot of us busy over these ew weeks, we have log'd in to a destroyed base with no tames. and a log full of death by golems. thanks for the hours of play, undone in a few days by jerks.

Unfortunately my husband and I were playing on this server as well and had our base destroyed.  Three months of play time and lots of dedication to build our base and tame high end dinos undone overnight.

Being as this has been an ongoing issue  since September I am confused why Wildcard is not addressing it.  We are now on our own private server so we are still able to enjoy this amazing game however many do not have this option.

If there were ways to protect the bases other than having everything metal would be beneficial.  We had rock golem defenders which worked on everything except the golems.  Suggestion would be to have tamed golems able to kill wild golems.  If this had been the case we would of have had no problems.

Sad to see so many awesome tribes with players who added so much enjoyment to the game destroyed in this manner.

with a little more info... "midnight said that the greifers steam names were Dodorex and Zerzang."
Midnight is a player here in Lost Eskimos that saw them and one of the tribes hit.  Along with (Rock Men, Shrek, Song of Dragon, (the players tribe above this comment ^), Sand Surfers, "ours", DragonBorn, and maybe Goonies)

I'm part of Shrek, logged in to a giant hole through my base and all (of 50+ dinos) but about 5 dead. Lost 6 190+ wyverns, two 150+ golems, as well as a ton of other good dinos AND nearly all of our storage destroyed, losing all kinds of high level bps and materials. Sucks that months of work can be so easily ruined, honestly, nearly overnight. I've also moved to a private server due to this being the fourth or fifth time this has happened with nothing done to solve it. 

EDIT: Oh, and I had stored all of the remaining dinos in a small house we had left... logged in the next morning to all of those dead and a hole in that building as well.

Almost the same happened to me but I logged on while tribe was attempting to agro, there excuse was that it happened to them so it's all good.

me and brother took our Rex's outside and eat the golems... they were a little confused at first thinking our rexes were doing this without command but when golem was dead I think they understood.... 

after I looked around I saw all the damage they had done to newbi bases at least one player left server if not quit... I was angry I like helping newbies getting them started answering there questions... all that work for nothing....

its appalling but what do you expect wild card to do? It's not a game mechanic its players.. The players are at fault maybe some kind of player killer symbol? Allowing the favour returned but again how would that help you.... and would it be misused?

maybe instead of leaving you should join together and take the fight to them.... 

i don't know setup an inter ARK police force! A council that would be an interesting idea... would need a breeding program like no other... sorry really tired on last day of 2 sets off 3 wryean hatching.....

if you allow bullies to bullie they won't stop you in-power them to do more!

Making a slow moving mod, that takes barely any damage from tames, that can destroy stone and placing them everywhere in the SE map where any lvl player can pull them, seems like a Dev issue to me. its pve, how can you stop players, we can't be everywhere or online all the time. you can however limit the mobs spawn areas, speed them up, make them take more damage or limit the number of them on a map. 

We paid for a new map that now everyone can get dinos from only to be removed in a few days from by other players... it really needs to change.

For us honestly we had already begun on our private server when this occurred.  One of the reasons we were such an easy target. We actually quite enjoy having our own server with mods, building mechanics are much easier to work with then on official. But for other players Wildcard needs to implement a base defense on PvE servers.  PvP anything goes and this would be expected, but players seek out PvE to avoid this behavior.  It is an ongoing issue that needs to be addressed.  My time is valuable to me and I do not have any interest in wasting time trying to defend and protect bases. I feel a lot of players will just give up out of frustration which is upsetting to me.  It is such an amazing game that everyone should be able to enjoy.  I want to give a voice to those who do not know where to go or what to say.  And I want the devs to know this needs to be fixed/adjusted.

I really don't understand WC's stance on this issue.  Flyers can't pick up dinos on PvE to prevent griefing by dropping a carno inside somebody's fence, but it's perfectly okay to run a golem through a base.  The former is easily defended against either by building enclosed structures or setting dinos to guard and the later only by building enclosed metal structures.

I almost wonder if WC is completely oblivious to the extent to which people are being griefed by golems or if it's just too much work to find a solution.

Again sorry to hear of any losses to golems.  I really can not see how WC can be oblivious to this issue.  Easy to find in forums dating back to September.  And I'm aware of a few players that sent in tickets explaining what has been happening. Our server though was hit hard.  All alpha tribes on the server lost their bases and dinos in the course of a few days. And even if a couple tribes kept defending bases the griefers would just move to another server.  I think that is the worst part.  These players are not even a part of the ARK community.  Do not help others players, have not spent months gathering materials, taming dino's and spending countless hours creating beautiful bases.  I really really hope that WC takes action on this. 

As stated above, I am also one of the victims to these so called 'players', or scum if you ask me. 

People ask if wildcard is oblivious to this fact and why they aren't taking any actions to counter the problem. Nevertheless.. how do you think the problem could be adressed? I think the main reason for not doing anything about it, is how the mechanics of the rock elemental work.

Should it only be able to stay within a short distance of it's spawn place? Not really.. because you won't be able to put it in position to knock it out. 

Should it not be able to destroy adobe? Not really, cause there goes the idea of the ultimate tank (which is what it is built for I assume).

How can this be countered? Get some ideas going and maybe Wildcard will see the potential, finally throwing those elemental kiters out of the game!

3 hours ago, CriticalDjin said:

As stated above, I am also one of the victims to these so called 'players', or scum if you ask me. 

People ask if wildcard is oblivious to this fact and why they aren't taking any actions to counter the problem. Nevertheless.. how do you think the problem could be adressed? I think the main reason for not doing anything about it, is how the mechanics of the rock elemental work.

Should it only be able to stay within a short distance of it's spawn place? Not really.. because you won't be able to put it in position to knock it out. 

Should it not be able to destroy adobe? Not really, cause there goes the idea of the ultimate tank (which is what it is built for I assume).

How can this be countered? Get some ideas going and maybe Wildcard will see the potential, finally throwing those elemental kiters out of the game!

Well, the best option would be for golems to not aggro a structure unless they are aggroed by the structures owner or tribe.  A worse solution while you figure out how to do the first, is just remove the ability for wild golems to damage adobe or better on PvE.

If kiting golems to destroy bases is going to remain a valid PvE tactic like WC support currently claims, then lets just lift the ban on flyers picking up wild dinos.  That's a useful feature we lose on PvE to prevent griefing that is much more easily defended against.

A few suggestions for pve specifically are to have tamed golems able to take down wild golems and to provide a base defense such as automated  turrets that can take them down.  Problem solved and WC does not have to change the rock golem mechanic. Our base and others that were destroyed had top level golem defenders but because they are nerfed upon taming they were totally ineffectual. Our golems fought off the Dodowyvern and solo'd wild wyverns when needed but are unable to take down golems that are half their level ... makes no sense.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, Kattix said:

Unfortunately my husband and I were playing on this server as well and had our base destroyed.  Three months of play time and lots of dedication to build our base and tame high end dinos undone overnight.

Being as this has been an ongoing issue  since September I am confused why Wildcard is not addressing it.  We are now on our own private server so we are still able to enjoy this amazing game however many do not have this option.

If there were ways to protect the bases other than having everything metal would be beneficial.  We had rock golem defenders which worked on everything except the golems.  Suggestion would be to have tamed golems able to kill wild golems.  If this had been the case we would of have had no problems.

Sad to see so many awesome tribes with players who added so much enjoyment to the game destroyed in this manner.

with the introduction of gigas you they are more then sufficient watch dogs. If you all knew this was happing you could have easily put up metal pillas right outise your gate walls to stop them from ever reaching your base.

Not its not fun, yes its a huge grind but its far better then losing everything over night. You can easly space the pillars apart as golems are very wide creatures.

This was the only public server we played on and no Gigas on SE.

People join PVE to enjoy a different aspect of the game. For us it was about the challenge of the map and the beauty within the game. With PVE there should be no need to build PVP defenses. We had more than enough guarding the base to deal with the occasional rock elemental, (not that there should have ever been any there). And some of those that got destroyed were in areas that no elemental would ever spawn.  As I stated above our golems fought off the Dodowyvern and solo'd wild wyverns. Had it not been for people (assclowns) kiting and directing elementals to our base it would never have been an issue.

The saddest part is we know a great number of people that have left the server and a lot of them have not played Ark since.

On 1/2/2017 at 5:35 AM, Tyx2 said:

Almost the same happened to me but I logged on while tribe was attempting to agro, there excuse was that it happened to them so it's all good.

me and brother took our Rex's outside and eat the golems... they were a little confused at first thinking our rexes were doing this without command but when golem was dead I think they understood.... 

after I looked around I saw all the damage they had done to newbi bases at least one player left server if not quit... I was angry I like helping newbies getting them started answering there questions... all that work for nothing....

its appalling but what do you expect wild card to do? It's not a game mechanic its players.. The players are at fault maybe some kind of player killer symbol? Allowing the favour returned but again how would that help you.... and would it be misused?

maybe instead of leaving you should join together and take the fight to them.... 

i don't know setup an inter ARK police force! A council that would be an interesting idea... would need a breeding program like no other... sorry really tired on last day of 2 sets off 3 wryean hatching.....

if you allow bullies to bullie they won't stop you in-power them to do more!

While I like your idea I don't see how the player killer symbol would work as all they did (worlds greatest understatement) was drag the elementals around. They didn't actually do the killing themselves. AS for joining the fight and taking it to them there is no point. Jump on one server jump off to another. Who knows where their actual home base might be. Even if Wildcard put in a longer cool down between server transfers it wouldn't stop them from wreaking havoc over and over until they transfer back. My only solution would be offline raid protection on all PVE servers that included protection from wild dinos.   

We've left the official server network for good. We set up home server using Ark Server Manager. It was easy. Now we have a great group of friends playing on a server set up the way we want with some amazing mods without any of the bullpoop. That would be my suggestion to anyone as I don't see Wildcard policing it. Great game. Fun to play. Just not on the official network.

Side note: Ark Server Manager is a free program. We've got it running on a spare 6 year old pc... no need to pay for a server if your system can handle it. Just need enough RAM.

My tribemate logged in yesterday around 11 to find two members from OMG kiting a golem through our base. He only caught one player's name. When my tribemate confronted them they demanded he give them one of our wyverns and our high lvl rock golem in order to get them to stop the attack. THIS IS EXTORTION!! We have worked long and hard to establish a working community, priding ourselves on our willingness to help others.To have idiots like this come on our servers for the express purpose of callously destroying bases to steal stuff is unconscionable! They actually kited two elementals to our base from what I can glean from the tribal data. I lost my lvl 59 rock golem and our zombie fire wyvern to the first one ( a lvl 45 golem) To their credit our dinos must have done some serious damage to the wild one before it was presumably destroyed. Then they kited a lvl 40 elemental up there.

Both Mars and I have submitted reports on this harassment asking that these individuals be banned. Neximus, who helped Mars during the attack and helped kite the golem away was able to get video of the attack, plus multiple screenshots of the incident. These have been submitted with the reports.

Many on this server are on 592 where we have a good working community as well and came to this SE server because of that. Sure, there are those who cause mischief, but not to this extent and not to demolish other tribe's bases. Wildcard needs to address this issue NOW!!! I wholeheartedly approve of the idea of offline raid protection from the heaviest hitters like the elementals, gigas, death worms and wyverns that are kited onto folks bases by these players.

16 hours ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

with the introduction of gigas you they are more then sufficient watch dogs. If you all knew this was happing you could have easily put up metal pillas right outise your gate walls to stop them from ever reaching your base.

Not its not fun, yes its a huge grind but its far better then losing everything over night. You can easly space the pillars apart as golems are very wide creatures.

As the other person stated they had rock golems that could kill anything other than the golems set up as sentinels on their base. We have the same thing, as well as the zombie fire wyvern who easily kept any errant aggressives from doing too much damage. Wild rock golems do not actively attack bases as wyverns and rexes are meant to. They have to be purposely lured to the area being raided by the individuals involved. THIS IS PVP BEHAVIOR PURE AND SIMPLE!! We specifically chose PVE to avoid this!! Many do not have easy access to a giga or don't want to put pillars up everywhere as it makes it difficult for the larger dinos such as the rexes, Morellas and wyverns to get around on the ground (in the case of the wyverns). As it is we were trying to avoid blocking the causeway leading up to our plateau so that folks had access to the resources up there. Sadly we have had to surround our plateau with gates.

Quick question: Can golems get through the small gates? if not then you could put some of those up as well as deterrents They also don't disappear as often as the pillars do..

So sorry to hear Catnip. :( Unfortunately gates will not keep the golems out.  They will get destroyed as well.  But it will definitely slow them down to give you more time to defend.  When we started on SE we did not have 3x weekends.  So gathering enough metal to construct our base was not possible.  And for 80% (or there about) this would never be conceivable.  If you are going to try and stay on official I would recommend stocking up on rocket launchers and making the vulnerable ground levels metal.  Good luck and so sorry you are dealing with this. 

4 hours ago, catnip said:

Quick question: Can golems get through the small gates? if not then you could put some of those up as well as deterrents They also don't disappear as often as the pillars do..

Since my base got wrecked so many times, I decided to put up metal dino gates all around my base with 2 behemoth gates. It works perfectly. Except that 2 days ago, they just parked 3 elementals in front of my behemoth gate. Nevertheless, I ate those with my 2 gigas (thanks for the xp!). It works but it is pretty expensive.. say 200 ingots per gate. Needed about 65 but it works like a charm

6 hours ago, Kattix said:

So sorry to hear Catnip. :( Unfortunately gates will not keep the golems out.  They will get destroyed as well.  But it will definitely slow them down to give you more time to defend.  When we started on SE we did not have 3x weekends.  So gathering enough metal to construct our base was not possible.  And for 80% (or there about) this would never be conceivable.  If you are going to try and stay on official I would recommend stocking up on rocket launchers and making the vulnerable ground levels metal.  Good luck and so sorry you are dealing with this. 

Yeah they can wreak havoc on them. I logged in at 10:45 Eastern time  to them once again trying to kite two more elementals onto our base. Thanks to the help of others on the server we were able to thwart their efforts. The did damage a few of the gates but didn't get through. I think I"m going to have to find a way to get a giga as a guard dog! We are going to spend the evening putting up metal pillars to keep them at bay. 

Can they destroy Behemoth stone gates? we have a few up.

14 hours ago, Franhi said:

Apparently kiting is now acceptable on PVE servers, so why can't PVE carry wild dinos?

By allowing kiting they are allowing unscrupulous folks to use it as an exploit, breaking into people's bases when they are logged out, killing their dinos and stealing their stuff. How is this acceptable behavior for PVE? WE have had a recent spate of kiting attacks on 759 similar to 795 as can be indicated by my previous posts. When the people doing the kiting are doing it specifically to eradicate another tribe's base for the sole purpose of stealing their stuff then it should be a bannable offense. Even my husband who works in the industry pointed out that it is an exploit. If someone in the industry can see this then why can't WildCard?

Archived