True alphas

Volcano637

I want to hear from the true alphas here. I don't want to hear the usual ark is ruthless bs. 

We are on a server that a new alpha tribe came and eventually they wanted to do a server wipe. They wiped the current alpha and every other tribe. My partner and I were a 2 man tribe that were the last tribe standing. We got wiped which is cool. It is a game after all. The one thing that did make me mad was we were talking to the new alpha and I was saying that my kids were visiting and I would be letting my son and daughter ride Dinos and even take a few the following day. They said that was cool and they promised they wouldn't do anything. Sure enough I got onto our base being fully wiped. Once again still not complaining about being wiped. I am not happy about my kids being sad. Say all you want about going and playing single player, I really don't care. If someone gives their word I usually take them at it. By the way we weren't a threat. They couldn't even wait the one day so my kids could do what I promised they could.

this was yesterday. Today when my partner and I were on we told them good job on the raid even though they had a couple gigas that were over lvl 255 die along with other Dinos while we were offline. Still being good sports about it. They have respect saying how hard it was to raid and that our layout was awesome especially for two people. ( they almost didn't believe it was 2 people) now in my experience, even when someone wipes someone and destroys things like the forge, grinder, and chemistry table, every blown out base still has the fabby and smithy. This is not the case with us. We didn't even have a mortar and pestle let alone a campfire. That did tell me something.

anyway, they begin to boast about how good they are at pvp. My partner and I tell them if they liked our base they should have seen the finished product (it was only 50% done btw). They said they would love a good challenge and that they would give us 30 days to have a legit war (no offlining) head to head combat. I told them I would believe it when I see it. Sure enough it hasn't been 12 hours and they already destroyed what has been done. I am sure the little alphas will say that is how the game is played.

but as for the true alphas, do you guys really do that? Go back on your word? Not even give a chance for a real challenge? If so ok, but I am actually trying to have some respect for some of you guys. No whining, no nothing. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crows said:

Damn. To be honest with you? you're dealing with sociopaths. That's all they are. I'm not even trying to offend them or or anybody by stating this obvious fact, because it's true whether it is a game or not. You can't rationalize with a sociopath, you just have to move on and avoid them at all costs.

The problem is that Official seems to outright cultivate sociopaths, and gives them the perfect environment to thrive in...

As a long-standing member of a group that has been alpha on many servers and had an alliance amongst our servers, that is low. Though we do have some members that troll a little, most of it is warranted on the people that get attacked, others just end up being collateral damage sadly. However, I try to push everyone in the tribe and on the server to be respectful and honest, it's how we've built the friendships and connections that we have, across so many servers.

PvP, trust no one. One minute its all "hey we cool" next minute your being wiped or insided.

Alpha or not, its kill or be killed 99.9% of the time. You probably know this already since you were in PvP and say you don't mind the wipe. Expect that more than not, and obviously if you just want to tame and ride dinos PvE is better suited but still has its issues as well. I love and hate PvP, but I still play as its more interesting than just building and taming all day.

If we want you to leave, we'll tell you to leave, if you don't leave, we'll help you leave. We aren't going to make false flashy promises about hope and dreams nor let you get built back up to come in and grief people with grenades or pteras.

If we wipe you, we will keep you wiped until you leave or until we can make absolutely sure you are not a threat (if that means giving you a second chance, we will stand by our word) but the ark world is not an honorable place.

It is filled with people that have absolutely no idea what it means to be an honorable PvP'er. Unfortunately it is very difficult to tell from the outside looking in what kind of person an enemy would turn out to be. Hence the wipe now, ask questions later.

That all being said though, if we wiped you, its because you earned it, either threatening us or our allies, attacking players or tames, or being a general bad person.

32 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

If we want you to leave, we'll tell you to leave, if you don't leave, we'll help you leave. We aren't going to make false flashy promises about hope and dreams nor let you get built back up to come in and grief people with grenades or pteras.

If we wipe you, we will keep you wiped until you leave or until we can make absolutely sure you are not a threat (if that means giving you a second chance, we will stand by our word) but the ark world is not an honorable place.

It is filled with people that have absolutely no idea what it means to be an honorable PvP'er. Unfortunately it is very difficult to tell from the outside looking in what kind of person an enemy would turn out to be. Hence the wipe now, ask questions later.

That all being said though, if we wiped you, its because you earned it, either threatening us or our allies, attacking players or tames, or being a general bad person.

I completely get you. And that would be something I would consider honorable. In this case though we were completely respectful and the day before had just done a legitimate trade with them for Rex eggs because our quetzal died. We talked for awhile and even let them know we would fight on their side if someone came on to wipe. We also said we had no intention of being alpha(I mean really? We are a two man tribe lol) even genuinely congratulated them on the wipe they won against us. Oh well once again I didn't mind the wipe, just wish they would have kept their word. Would have been cool to actually have a war for a change and not deal with offlining or insiding which seems to be the usual

42 minutes ago, Manta said:

PvP, trust no one. One minute its all "hey we cool" next minute your being wiped or insided.

Alpha or not, its kill or be killed 99.9% of the time. You probably know this already since you were in PvP and say you don't mind the wipe. Expect that more than not, and obviously if you just want to tame and ride dinos PvE is better suited but still has its issues as well. I love and hate PvP, but I still play as its more interesting than just building and taming all day.

Don't worry I like pvp as well. That is why I continue to play it. They were the ones that traded us for the kibble though lol I mean come on that's just messed up

2 hours ago, Kahlinad said:

As a long-standing member of a group that has been alpha on many servers and had an alliance amongst our servers, that is low. Though we do have some members that troll a little, most of it is warranted on the people that get attacked, others just end up being collateral damage sadly. However, I try to push everyone in the tribe and on the server to be respectful and honest, it's how we've built the friendships and connections that we have, across so many servers.

Sounds like you are a respectable alpha. Hey tolling can be fun at times lol your server should be happy with you because believe me there is worse.

on a bad not I wish there was just a little honor on some of these servers. I don't mind a wipe but no reason to lie about it. Especially since we didn't even have a mortar and pestle left. And if they simply said they wanted us to leave we would have left, but sadly no, they threw out a challenge and went back on it.

11 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I completely get you. And that would be something I would consider honorable. In this case though we were completely respectful and the day before had just done a legitimate trade with them for Rex eggs because our quetzal died. We talked for awhile and even let them know we would fight on their side if someone came on to wipe. We also said we had no intention of being alpha(I mean really? We are a two man tribe lol) even genuinely congratulated them on the wipe they won against us. Oh well once again I didn't mind the wipe, just wish they would have kept their word. Would have been cool to actually have a war for a change and not deal with offlining or insiding which seems to be the usual

Yea I fully agree. Typically when we get a new tribe on the server, we do our best to get to know them, do a background check on them to make sure they are legit, then check any connections they have to others. We keep an eye on them as they build and if they prove to want to be a part of the community, they can live and build in peace. We operate on a server were we the alpha protect those underneath us, not keep them down. A certain amount of trust is required in this instance though and its a give and take kind of thing.

With your situation, yea they are complete morons for shaking your hand with one hand and holding a knife in the other.

6 hours ago, WatcherCCG said:

The problem is that Official seems to outright cultivate sociopaths, and gives them the perfect environment to thrive in...

Videogames do.., most of these ppl can't or don't do much in real life so they play games were they are free to do what they want regardless. Better to just avoid them,  they can't be reasoned with. 

Its hard to be friendly in ark now. The server we used to control, we allowed people to build and do whatever as long as they didn't farm all resources all day. 

However, that all went to crap. With the current ARK system in place with transfers, its hard to trust anyone. People come, play the super friendly game. Being polite, helping. The works. Never building quick, usually build like noobs(weird buildings. No proper defense. Etc. Its happened quite a few times). Then one day you come in. Boom, they have transfered their other servers supplies. Before you release there was a problem, it was a problem. 

Hostile players can be friendly and blend in. Its all part of the game to them. All any tribe needs, is to know your low pop hours or off hours, and to have a foothold. Then overnight they can spawn in huge castles. Hundreds of turrets, rockets. A portal to their warehouse.

Our tribe was insides after a few tribes came in and tried raiding us. We were pushed back to our other server. That server, sadly, is not so nice anymore. 

The problem is not the alphas. Its how arks current system makes the alphas behave. I know a lot of alpha tribes that want to go back to populating their servers. Having fun, hosting events. The current state of ark, it doesn't pay to be nice. It encourages you to be ruthless. The toxicity of the community, combined with the ability to take anything, from any server to another, has begun to rot ark at its core.

Transfers as it is. Is a horrible idea. It changed the whole ark atmosphere. Im an alpha, you can read my old posts where I tell alphas that wipe on the regular to grow up. Ark currently has changed me to one of those. Say what you will, but I want to preserve my thousands of hours of work.

Make ark great again. Take away transfers except for clusters. Turn servers into all clusters. One of each map per cluster, limit transfer to that. Ark wide transfers is choking the life out of the game.

4 minutes ago, CriD said:

Its hard to be friendly in ark now. The server we used to control, we allowed people to build and do whatever as long as they didn't farm all resources all day. 

However, that all went to crap. With the current ARK system in place with transfers, its hard to trust anyone. People come, play the super friendly game. Being polite, helping. The works. Never building quick, usually build like noobs(weird buildings. No proper defense. Etc. Its happened quite a few times). Then one day you come in. Boom, they have transfered their other servers supplies. Before you release there was a problem, it was a problem. 

Hostile players can be friendly and blend in. Its all part of the game to them. All any tribe needs, is to know your low pop hours or off hours, and to have a foothold. Then overnight they can spawn in huge castles. Hundreds of turrets, rockets. A portal to their warehouse.

Our tribe was insides after a few tribes came in and tried raiding us. We were pushed back to our other server. That server, sadly, is not so nice anymore. 

The problem is not the alphas. Its how arks current system makes the alphas behave. I know a lot of alpha tribes that want to go back to populating their servers. Having fun, hosting events. The current state of ark, it doesn't pay to be nice. It encourages you to be ruthless. The toxicity of the community, combined with the ability to take anything, from any server to another, has begun to rot ark at its core.

Transfers as it is. Is a horrible idea. It changed the whole ark atmosphere. Im an alpha, you can read my old posts where I tell alphas that wipe on the regular to grow up. Ark currently has changed me to one of those. Say what you will, but I want to preserve my thousands of hours of work.

Make ark great again. Take away transfers except for clusters. Turn servers into all clusters. One of each map per cluster, limit transfer to that. Ark wide transfers is choking the life out of the game.

I think we all agree at some level the transfer system implemented has really caused a lot of pain and heartache for many.

I am under the impression this is what WC wanted at some level.  As all the main alphas are falling one by one now, so the outcry a while back about the current alpha state and everyone wanting a wipe seems to have been heard.

This transfer system no matter how it was packaged and sold to us seems a bit daffy at its core, as we see large scale moves of war machines just drop in overnight and decimate the alphas as well as the little guys. So its like WC saw they could do this and perhaps they knew the alphas were going to be doomed ,as with the tribe log update that took away who was attacking etc.  These two items together opened the door for server wipes without WC doing it or even having any say in it. Seems planned to me but I like to read into things that suit my thought process. ;) And its a bit odd that all the sudden large Chinese tribes with mass resources all the sudden just popped up with more power than almost all the Alphas on any server overnight? Sounds like teams were setup to do this and that is why there is so much Zerg activity now wiping the ARK galaxy systematically.

Seems if this keeps up the outcry for wipe will be so loud they will actually do it now as the core players will have all got on board with the wipe scenario to start fresh.

2 hours ago, bulldog1986 said:

Yea I fully agree. Typically when we get a new tribe on the server, we do our best to get to know them, do a background check on them to make sure they are legit, then check any connections they have to others. We keep an eye on them as they build and if they prove to want to be a part of the community, they can live and build in peace. We operate on a server were we the alpha protect those underneath us, not keep them down. A certain amount of trust is required in this instance though and its a give and take kind of thing.

With your situation, yea they are complete morons for shaking your hand with one hand and holding a knife in the other.

@bulldog1986 May I ask what official server this is ( the one you're playing) ?

10 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

I want to hear from the true alphas here. I don't want to hear the usual ark is ruthless bs. 

We are on a server that a new alpha tribe came and eventually they wanted to do a server wipe. They wiped the current alpha and every other tribe. My partner and I were a 2 man tribe that were the last tribe standing. We got wiped which is cool. It is a game after all. The one thing that did make me mad was we were talking to the new alpha and I was saying that my kids were visiting and I would be letting my son and daughter ride Dinos and even take a few the following day. They said that was cool and they promised they wouldn't do anything. Sure enough I got onto our base being fully wiped. Once again still not complaining about being wiped. I am not happy about my kids being sad. Say all you want about going and playing single player, I really don't care. If someone gives their word I usually take them at it. By the way we weren't a threat. They couldn't even wait the one day so my kids could do what I promised they could.

this was yesterday. Today when my partner and I were on we told them good job on the raid even though they had a couple gigas that were over lvl 255 die along with other Dinos while we were offline. Still being good sports about it. They have respect saying how hard it was to raid and that our layout was awesome especially for two people. ( they almost didn't believe it was 2 people) now in my experience, even when someone wipes someone and destroys things like the forge, grinder, and chemistry table, every blown out base still has the fabby and smithy. This is not the case with us. We didn't even have a mortar and pestle let alone a campfire. That did tell me something.

anyway, they begin to boast about how good they are at pvp. My partner and I tell them if they liked our base they should have seen the finished product (it was only 50% done btw). They said they would love a good challenge and that they would give us 30 days to have a legit war (no offlining) head to head combat. I told them I would believe it when I see it. Sure enough it hasn't been 12 hours and they already destroyed what has been done. I am sure the little alphas will say that is how the game is played.

but as for the true alphas, do you guys really do that? Go back on your word? Not even give a chance for a real challenge? If so ok, but I am actually trying to have some respect for some of you guys. No whining, no nothing. 

@Volcano637 I feel your pain. Me and my buddy joined a tribe. Without us knowing they had bad plans. they were planning to wipe the alpha. after 2 weeks of hard work the alpha showed up. destroyed everything (completely right cause otherwise they would have to leave the server) but my tribe didn't tell us.. If you need two more people in your tribe and if you like. Me and my friend both have 400 hours and have been alpha's on different servers. We have some experience. but if you dont want to. thats okay ofcourse :)

1 minute ago, bulldog1986 said:

We can possibly discuss it privately, but it depends on what grounds your asking, the last thing I want is someone else on top of the chinese attempting to invade us lol

I won't . As I said to the maker of this discussion. We got wiped pretty bad.. Trying to find a new server with a nice alpha tribe now.. You can add me on steam if you want to tell me what server it is. Lethex

They wanted the server to be their playground. You are not invited on their playground.

You should just ignore your conversations. All it takes is one member who loves torturing people like you to go off and ruin any deals you made. When someone gives the order to server wipe without any close ties, everything goes.

Ya, it's interesting to watch alphas crush everyone below them and they get to police a server with few people on it. It's like the villains in movies who destroy the world in an effort to rule it - but by the time they are done, there's barely anyone left, and those who are left are placid out of fear. On the server I used to play on, they would regularly break a wall, dump a bunch of resources, and destroy any expansions I would start, so I could only have a small base. As someone who has a life outside Ark, I just couldn't find that interesting.

15 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Ya, it's interesting to watch alphas crush everyone below them and they get to police a server with few people on it. It's like the villains in movies who destroy the world in an effort to rule it - but by the time they are done, there's barely anyone left, and those who are left are placid out of fear. On the server I used to play on, they would regularly break a wall, dump a bunch of resources, and destroy any expansions I would start, so I could only have a small base. As someone who has a life outside Ark, I just couldn't find that interesting.

These days even on peaceful servers there is a bigger problem. The chinese coming in, breaking into your home and taking everything they can. Alpha nothing, at least they want to keep you on the server so it has a good population, someone from a different server won't give a damn about whether your server dies or not.

Archived