Raising Creatures from Eggs

UDGxKnight

Can someone help me by giving me some suggestions for my single player world on the best rates for baby maturation and imprint timers. I want to get 100% imprints but I can't figure out the best timing on maturation to where I can get both a fast growing rate and 100% imprint.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Also this isn't related to my egg post but if anyone would like to answer this one question so I don't have to go looking or make another thread it would also be appreciated.

Did the Devs finally update Xbox Single Player Island maps with the new default 5 difficulty to make 150 creatures spawn naturally like on the Center? 

22 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Currently Imprint timers on Xbox seem to be bugged so that they can't be changed. I run my Baby Growth timer at 6x, which is pretty reasonable for most tames.

Also, SP Island and Scorched Earth are still at 120 max

19 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

I do 6x also and it seems to work for most dinos.

Thanks guys, That kinda sucks about the imprint timers and the fact that our difficulties are still maxed at 120 spawns. I guess I can just do the thing with sacrificing a 120 to spawn in a 150.

7 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Thanks guys, That kinda sucks about the imprint timers and the fact that our difficulties are still maxed at 120 spawns. I guess I can just do the thing with sacrificing a 120 to spawn in a 150.

I know this isn't perfect math, but I did x20 for a while and a single imprint for a quetz was 32%, and it would take 3 intervals for a max of 96. Other animals, like bears, would have time for a single imprint before maturation, and would get 86%. 

the point is I think that different maturation rates will affect different creatures, so this may help

3 minutes ago, Airthrow said:

I know this isn't perfect math, but I did x20 for a while and a single imprint for a quetz was 32%, and it would take 3 intervals for a max of 96. Other animals, like bears, would have time for a single imprint before maturation, and would get 86%. 

the point is I think that different maturation rates will affect different creatures, so this may help

Yeah I have noticed the different imprint rates. I just wanted to get the most the fastest and I guess its gonna have to wait till some bugs are fixed. No big deal, I have no competition in single player so I wont really need super creatures till I decide to kill the bosses.

8 hours ago, REEality said:

Ive never been a breeder at all, i need some help with this now. PC, Xbox, i was just the builder/warrior. Always had a tamer/breeder

The only real hard part of it to me is getting to the juvenile stage so they can eat out of troughs instead of by hand and then its just a matter of time. Although with this new imprint system that can increase their stats based on how much imprint progress you get up to a max of 100% imprint. The imprinting is on a timer though and that makes it hard to keep up with because if you aren't there in the 30 minutes, hour, or whatever time between the imprints then you can lose imprint progress and you only have till it fully grows to make sure you get 100% imprint if you really care about it.

On 12/30/2016 at 9:26 AM, UDGxKnight said:

The only real hard part of it to me is getting to the juvenile stage so they can eat out of troughs instead of by hand and then its just a matter of time. Although with this new imprint system that can increase their stats based on how much imprint progress you get up to a max of 100% imprint. The imprinting is on a timer though and that makes it hard to keep up with because if you aren't there in the 30 minutes, hour, or whatever time between the imprints then you can lose imprint progress and you only have till it fully grows to make sure you get 100% imprint if you really care about it.

im trying to learn the imprinting method now, glad you mentioned that

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 6:26 AM, UDGxKnight said:

They removed the imprint loss and resey mechanic, imprint casually whenever you want. Dont worry

30 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Oh?! They fully removed it now?! I thought it was just like lowered or something :o 

Nope :) my guildies and I casually imprint all our tames. Multiple times ive not had a kibble, then just left it at say.. 60% and they come out at that %

To much stress the old way, i did 2x bears, spino, rex and 1/2 a quetz the old way (fell asleep, lost imprint on Q at like 50% or so)

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Nope :) my guildies and I casually imprint all our tames. Multiple times ive not had a kibble, then just left it at say.. 60% and they come out at that %

To much stress the old way, i did 2x bears, spino, rex and 1/2 a quetz the old way (fell asleep, lost imprint on Q at like 50% or so)

See thats why they hope they fix the sliders on Xbox so at least that way my single player experience will be more about the immersion than stressing on getting 100% imprints. I mean I know I could ignore the imprints but I also want to fight the bosses and imprinted stat creatures would only help I feel. Especially since I will be fighting them solo and I have heard that soloing them is really hard or near impossible with like the Dragon and Manticore.

1 hour ago, UDGxKnight said:

See thats why they hope they fix the sliders on Xbox so at least that way my single player experience will be more about the immersion than stressing on getting 100% imprints. I mean I know I could ignore the imprints but I also want to fight the bosses and imprinted stat creatures would only help I feel. Especially since I will be fighting them solo and I have heard that soloing them is really hard or near impossible with like the Dragon and Manticore.

Hey man i totally feel you. Im doing a bit of sp breeding as we speak. I got a few tips if you want, say you get the dreaded 67% imprint.. once dino is done (or during) just do 'setimprintvalue 0-1 (0is 0 1 is 100%, if u want say 90% do 0.9 etc)

As far as sliders, they dont work. But remember more maturation speed = more imprint %, ill usually raise at 10-20x then right before an imprint ill reload it at 60x, imprint then reload. 

That was before i found the command this morn, check spelling on it im not at my xb right now.

Enjoy :)

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

Hey man i totally feel you. Im doing a bit of sp breeding as we speak. I got a few tips if you want, say you get the dreaded 67% imprint.. once dino is done (or during) just do 'setimprintvalue 0-1 (0is 0 1 is 100%, if u want say 90% do 0.9 etc)

As far as sliders, they dont work. But remember more maturation speed = more imprint %, ill usually raise at 10-20x then right before an imprint ill reload it at 60x, imprint then reload. 

That was before i found the command this morn, check spelling on it im not at my xb right now.

Enjoy :)

Thanks! :D I will try it out at if I fail an imprint on my own. I appreciate it!

9 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Thanks! :D I will try it out at if I fail an imprint on my own. I appreciate it!

No problem :) i was sick of getting 60-70% imprints so i use it after my dinos are raised to get them to that 100. 

Side note, you can go above 100%, first time with the command i entered value at 50 thinking it was 50% and ended up.with a 5000% imprinted beaver lol.. way op. 

He got sent up against a lvl 120 rex hahah... almost won. Rip Binary Gender Beaver .. i guess he.. was unsure ha ha ha

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

No problem :) i was sick of getting 60-70% imprints so i use it after my dinos are raised to get them to that 100. 

Side note, you can go above 100%, first time with the command i entered value at 50 thinking it was 50% and ended up.with a 5000% imprinted beaver lol.. way op. 

He got sent up against a lvl 120 rex hahah... almost won. Rip Binary Gender Beaver .. i guess he.. was unsure ha ha ha

Lolol, well I am just trying to prep to fight bosses for Element to build Tek stuff (pretty sure bosses will drop Element). So we shall see when it comes down to it. Also gotta figure exactly which creatures I wanna use.

Just now, UDGxKnight said:

Lolol, well I am just trying to prep to fight bosses for Element to build Tek stuff (pretty sure bosses will drop Element). So we shall see when it comes down to it. Also gotta figure exactly which creatures I wanna use.

Imprinted giga or rexes :) battle bronto ! Imprinted with lots of sweet veg cakes in inv

Archived