Had a question about this warning on PGM for ARK.  

Does this mean the saved PGM settings are at risk of getting wiped/changed OR is the generated map at risk?  Once I generate a map, we plan on playing on it for weeks/months and my first assumption would be that this will be untouched and it will be the generated settings that are at risk.

Any clarification would be appreciated.  Thanks!

ark_pgm_warning.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 4:55 AM, umpa2016 said:

Thats from ASM. I understood it to mean that the algorithms that generate the ark are sure to change.  I don't know if updates  will affect Arks already generated or just new ones.  That warning is perhaps best asked in their forum, but I wish you luck because its very toxic on that forum.

Usuilly it will just get bigger and bigger in file size and breaks more often. But the way it should work is say u have base code and then update to biomes, thoes biomes should just cut off whatever wasent "rendered" but seen as ark unloads everything i doubt it will work in a safe manner.

20 hours ago, DoubleDerp92 said:

Usuilly it will just get bigger and bigger in file size and breaks more often. But the way it should work is say u have base code and then update to biomes, thoes biomes should just cut off whatever wasent "rendered" but seen as ark unloads everything i doubt it will work in a safe manner.

u wot m8? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived