Good Ark Stories

phantomman01

Hey survivors. I know there's been a lot of negative posts so I thought I'd try and switch it up to see if you'd share some really good or funny stories on your adventures in Ark. I need a good laugh, having a poop day trying to get some stuff caught up at work before year end lol. Yes I've lost all my tames and my base before along with a ton of dashboarding and crashing but I still come back for more. This game is awesome and I feel like I've definitely got my money's worth so far. Here's one of my stories/mishaps:

I was pretty much just starting out and tamed my first Argy, man was I excited! I believe I got it leveled up to 94 at the time so that was really high for me back then. One day I decided to go cruising around on my cool "high leveled" bird to see if I could find a good Rex to tame. I flew up to one of the mountains and seen this Dino that was bigger than a Rex, I though WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING??? I jumped on my phone, looked it up on the web, and it ended up being a Giga. Holy poop I thought that thing's massive!....I'll wait until my girlfriend gets home so I can show her what I found (she won't play Ark but she loves to watch, lol). She got home and we were out on my Argy trying to track it down again. I flew up to the mountain where I seen it before, looked around for a bit, and seen it's head stuck in the side of the cliff. I landed the Argy, jumped off, and ran up to get a closer look because I was safe since it was stuck.....wrong!!!! Man, that thing spun around and gave me a chase back up to the bird. I jumped on the Argy and took off laughing that it was such a close call. All of a sudden that thing flew off the side of the mountain like Michael Jordan and air chomped my Argy, I went flying off the bird into this massive rag doll all the way down the mountain. I lost my favorite Argy and all my good gear at the time...but man did that get the blood pumping, what a rush lol!

I like what you did here, a lot of these forms are so negative and as a community we need to change that! My funny ark story came from my first week of ark on xbox. My tribe and I thought we were unstoppable because we were able to get to stone before everyone else. Not even having a kibble tamed Dino yet we thought we could tame a alpha Rex... Yes a Alpha Rex, seeing the majestic cheeto glow.. Ow the wonders we could do with that. Well needless to say after about 200 trank arrows and multiple deaths we were stumped as to why this would not go down. Only to be laughed at in global chat by the entire server making us come to the realization that the mighty alpha Rex could not be tamed.

One day not long ago my tribe had been planning a raid on the alpha of our server (a center map) we were fully geared and had multiple wyverns and turtles , tank quetz etc. We all gathered our stuff and when the time was right we set out for battle. Now at this point I know you don't know much about the alpha, but a beta tribe had become friends with them and made it known that one of the obelisks was under their control now. This didn't sit well with my tribe either so we figured the best course of action was to take out this beta tribe first. We go and after a few hours the deed is done , everything dead and rocketed, buildings gone. The server was at a general unease for the rest of the night because they didn't know what our intentions were and at this time we simply wanted to retaliate against the beta tribe either way because they had killed one of our birds the first day for no reason when they entered the server. They had a few good tames and a dragon but overall not as much as the alpha tribe (or so we thought). Fast forward to next day. We spend all day making preparations , we had maybe 10-11 guys ready to go with quetz turtles spinos wyverns and plenty of rockets etc. we make it to the entrance of their base and start to eat plantx as they fire arrows at our tames sometimes lighting then on fire as we got too close. We proceeded to push all the way to their front gates which were not far from their main base. Mostly heavily fortified by plantx and turrets. Halfway through the raid I fell off the edge of the cliff by accident so I start to swim around and try to get back up and when I get around to the slope we went up I see an entire army coming up the hill , a tribe that we were told were simply trolls by the alpha at one point. They had brought 4 lvl 220+ gigas , 5 golems 180+, 2 quetzals and turtles pteras etc and that was all that I could see from my stance hidden in the water. My heart sunk immediately and I started calling for a retreat and to get everything out ASAP as we were going to be shredded from behind by the apparent enemy flank. 15 minutes later we join the party of the guys with the gigas. They tell us ,"oh you guys are attacking them too ? You take right well take left ". So here we are ten minutes later and we have an absolute fearsome army of over 30 people armed to the teeth with max level gigas golems quetzals turtles ravaging this base into the ground. Moments later I hear them call "all turrets down". Rockets fly in and all is crumbled into pieces as I see In the party chat "please share loot"  after the raid I think our team was still bloodthirsty and the allies asked us "do you want to wipe the server " without hesitation a lot of our guys say "yeHhh" "hell yes ". This was our transition into a quite ruthless entity which deep down still haunts me but some choices you can't go back on. We spent the next three days wiping the server going from large bases to little tree bases and taking out any resistance and even those who didn't resist. It's hard to resist the call of being alpha

A while back some tools knocked myself and a friend out then brought us back to their base , after waking we noticed that we were locked in a small room with a unlocked storage box FULL of fibre . Didn't think anything of it so we just went to pleading with our captors to let us go but they weren't having it , they knocked us out again and left. We woke up later with a chill and decided to craft hundreds upon hundred of cloth hats for their whole tribe to use out of the goodness of our hearts.

They ended up killing us and taking whatever we had but we laughed our hats off for a good long time  after that was done. 

In my early days, I pined away for the day I could finally get a doed. I was too scared to venture from my beach home, even after many, many, MANY hours, but one day I did. I built a special craft to carry it, and set sail from Drayo's cove to the east and up the coast to Frozen Tooth and the land of endless doeds, all the while dreaming of never having to use an axe on a rock again. 

What followed was a long story of nonesense, but it boils down thusly:
-parked at the base of the mountain
-assaulted left and right by sabers
-found a doed, tranqued it, and forgot my narcs. by the time i got back, sabers had killed it
-found a second doed, tranqued it, built spiked walls around it
-my ptero nearby was attacked by an argy, and the two were sent into a death spiral into the air. the argy died, but my ptero was stuck in the skybox
-I built a wooden tower of walls and ladders to get the ptero back (too far to whistle) only to have sabers show up and destroy the base, sending me to a falling death
-brought up my carno to kill the swarm of sabers, only to find a Giga stomping down the barriers to get my doed
-shot the giga with arrows, (didn't know it was god-tier yet) only to have it kill the doed, my carno, and most of my raft. I was able to escape in tatters

Cursing the gods and their infinite cruelty, i sailed back, in shame, to Drayos cove to rebuild. The next day, on my way back to the mountain, I saw a doed on the beach in the cove, about 200 yards from my base. I shot it to tranq it, and it ran and collapsed....on my raft. 

Easiest tame ever after that!

29 minutes ago, Airthrow said:

In my early days, I pined away for the day I could finally get a doed. I was too scared to venture from my beach home, even after many, many, MANY hours, but one day I did. I built a special craft to carry it, and set sail from Drayo's cove to the east and up the coast to Frozen Tooth and the land of endless doeds, all the while dreaming of never having to use an axe on a rock again. 

What followed was a long story of nonesense, but it boils down thusly:
-parked at the base of the mountain
-assaulted left and right by sabers
-found a doed, tranqued it, and forgot my narcs. by the time i got back, sabers had killed it
-found a second doed, tranqued it, built spiked walls around it
-my ptero nearby was attacked by an argy, and the two were sent into a death spiral into the air. the argy died, but my ptero was stuck in the skybox
-I built a wooden tower of walls and ladders to get the ptero back (too far to whistle) only to have sabers show up and destroy the base, sending me to a falling death
-brought up my carno to kill the swarm of sabers, only to find a Giga stomping down the barriers to get my doed
-shot the giga with arrows, (didn't know it was god-tier yet) only to have it kill the doed, my carno, and most of my raft. I was able to escape in tatters

Cursing the gods and their infinite cruelty, i sailed back, in shame, to Drayos cove to rebuild. The next day, on my way back to the mountain, I saw a doed on the beach in the cove, about 200 yards from my base. I shot it to tranq it, and it ran and collapsed....on my raft. 

Easiest tame ever after that!

That's a pretty bad taming day, lol!

23 minutes ago, phantomman01 said:

That's a pretty bad taming day, lol!

Lol it was! I learned a lot that day, and its helped me with patience now that I lead a tribe with newtimers of our own. Goin to tame a long one? Here's some barriers. Far away? Take my raft, build to carry almost anything. Frozen tooth tame? Let me grab my coat, I'll join you :)

I can't quite recall all of the details, but it involved party chat in a large tribe, someone warning me 'Be careful Dewey'

"Nobody tells Dewey what to do" I replied, followed quickly by "Dewey's in trouble! Dewey needs HEEELLLLPPPP!!!"

A wild something-or-other chased me up a rock as my tribe came to save me, howling with laughter.

Or several of us on a raft, no spyglass to be found, and a giga on the shore.

"Dewey's gonna find out what level it is"

"How's that"

"With your fists"

These have really cheered my day up whilst being stuck in work!

A funny one happened to me recently with the jelly fish. My tribemate and I were in the cave and I was going to pick up a red drop. My tribe mate shouts to watch out for the Jelly fish to which I casually replied 'its fine, the dossier said they weren't very aggressive' next thing I know shocked to death with my tribe mate laughing as my body goes mad glitching and stretching around the cave. Funniest death Ive had in a while.

11 minutes ago, Mayai said:

These have really cheered my day up whilst being stuck in work!

A funny one happened to me recently with the jelly fish. My tribemate and I were in the cave and I was going to pick up a red drop. My tribe mate shouts to watch out for the Jelly fish to which I casually replied 'its fine, the dossier said they weren't very aggressive' next thing I know shocked to death with my tribe mate laughing as my body goes mad glitching and stretching around the cave. Funniest death Ive had in a while.

Yes, these stories have been hilarious! The glitched deaths are pretty good and the rag dolls are amazing, lol. I'm jealous that you got to encounter the jellyfish, I'm on Xbox and can't wait to get the new dinos.

Story of my first day playing Ark:

A simple half-clothed human poking around in some bushes trying to find fibre, when all of a sudden the screen starts shaking and the headset is filled with sounds of thunderous steps, 2 seconds later a Carno comes crashing out of said bushes to take a "test-bite" out of the pink two-legged thing.

My Character: <phbbbtttt> (You have defecated)

Me: "I know how you feel"

My First Alpha Encounter 

It had been just a few hours since I had begun playing Ark in my local server. I had tamed a couple trikes with my handy slingshot, and was feeling great with my tank like pack mules. Sure they were only level 20ish, though they still gave me a false sense of security..

After trekking a ways away from base to harvest resources, and start looking for some carnivores to tame, I spotted something strange in the distance.. "Hmm, I wonder what that reddish glow is?" I thought to myself. Somehow I had the foresight to whistle my tames to stop following. 

Once I got within a hundred yards or so I realized it was a raptor. "Wow, this one looks amazing, I'm going to tame it!" I found the perfect rock formation nearby and jumped up on it. After a few arrow shots, I grabbed its agro. Shot after shot with tranq arrows and nothing. After finishing all of my arrows I realized maybe this guy cannot be tamed. 

Well now I was trapped on a rock with this misty raptor going nuts trying to get to me. I pulled out the few spears I had and carefully started attacking. A dozen or so jabs later and I was unarmed, with a raptor who looked completely unbothered. 

The river was not too far away.. I waited until the raptor went to the opposite side and went for it. Barely three steps in and...crunch crunch..dead. "You've been killed by an alpha raptor". Note to self, avoid red misty creatures.:raptor:

14 minutes ago, Velathir said:

Story of my first day playing Ark:

A simple half-clothed human poking around in some bushes trying to find fibre, when all of a sudden the screen starts shaking and the headset is filled with sounds of thunderous steps, 2 seconds later a Carno comes crashing out of said bushes to take a "test-bite" out of the pink two-legged thing.

My Character: <phbbbtttt> (You have defecated)

Me: "I know how you feel"

The timing of the auto poop sometimes is just dead on, love it!

15 minutes ago, Nayte said:

My First Alpha Encounter 

It had been just a few hours since I had begun playing Ark in my local server. I had tamed a couple trikes with my handy slingshot, and was feeling great with my tank like pack mules. Sure they were only level 20ish, though they still gave me a false sense of security..

After trekking a ways away from base to harvest resources, and start looking for some carnivores to tame, I spotted something strange in the distance.. "Hmm, I wonder what that reddish glow is?" I thought to myself. Somehow I had the foresight to whistle my tames to stop following. 

Once I got within a hundred yards or so I realized it was a raptor. "Wow, this one looks amazing, I'm going to tame it!" I found the perfect rock formation nearby and jumped up on it. After a few arrow shots, I grabbed its agro. Shot after shot with tranq arrows and nothing. After finishing all of my arrows I realized maybe this guy cannot be tamed. 

Well now I was trapped on a rock with this misty raptor going nuts trying to get to me. I pulled out the few spears I had and carefully started attacking. A dozen or so jabs later and I was unarmed, with a raptor who looked completely unbothered. 

The river was not too far away.. I waited until the raptor went to the opposite side and went for it. Barely three steps in and...crunch crunch..dead. "You've been killed by an alpha raptor". Note to self, avoid red misty creatures.:raptor:

The first encounter with the Alpha's are usually bad! I had the same thing happen to me on my first encounter...dang Alpha raptors, lol.

Yeah, not letting this thread just die, this is a sandbox game, there must be a thousand stories generated every day, bring out your story telling side folks!

The Tale of [My First Quetzal], or [How I Learned Stop Worrying and Learned To Love The Redwoods]:

I had wanted a base further north, closer to bigger carnivores, metal resources, etc.

...I was outvoted and lived on the South Beaches

I had wanted a larger sprawling base made of stone and metal. 

...I was outvoted and we lived on the small beach island

I had wanted to play with my friends in a Tribe on our own dedicated server.

...They left after 3 weeks to go play Destiny.

I was no longer outvoted :P

So, there I was, a mid-sized wood base, thousands of pounds in raw materials, and 30-40 tames, ranging in size from Dodo's to a Rex. There was no way I was going to try a caravan through the swamp to my new home.

I needed a Quetzal and a good plan

...I ended up with a bad plan and an adventure.

I studied up on the solo-taming technique when you dangle yourself from an aggressive Argentavis via a grappling hook, chasing a Quetzal all over the sky like an insane tranq-gun-weilding-pogo-stick. After days of grinding levels to learn all the engrams, build a tranq rifle, and even tamed/levelled an Argie. I was ready, I found a modest level 10 Quetzal and got led on a 7 min long harrowing chase, finally knocking the Quetzal unconscious!

...straight into the swamp where it was promptly eaten.

Undeterred, I found another level 20 Quetzal near the Red Obelisk and began my chase anew, running low on supplies I took my time and dragged this chase out for a solid 12 minutes, waiting for the Quetz to clear the swamps below. Finally, with my longneck ready to break, my meager supply of darts dwindling, the Quetz comes crashing to the ground!

...straight into the west end of the redwoods, with a terror bird, dire bear, and a pack of angry bugs.

Oh no, not again!

I dive bomb the Argie into the bugs clawing fast, I get knocked out of my seat somehow and wind up fighting against the terror bird and bear. When the dust settles, the Quetzal is alive!

...and my armor is completely broken, plus the argentavis is dead

I have a live unconscious Quetzal and no means of transport. I'm naked, the sun is going down and soon to be cold and starving. If I leave to walk home and get any supplies, it will wake up or get eaten in my absence. To have come so far and still have to lose everything I prepared, to not get home with my prize...

...NO! Ark is a game where we make our tools out of the materials around us, and what the hell are the redwoods if not a bounty of materials?!

I hearken back to my level one days, hastily scrabbling together stone tools, hide armor, berries to eat. I tear down the trees and rocks to slap together a wooden box to enclose my sleeping friend. I hunt the wildlife for food, clothes, I grind out the materials for a bed and even spend my life dragging away a carno to keep the tame safe. I chop down trees and burn wood to cook my meals, I spend my next week (in-game) scraping together everything to keep myself and the tame going.

After endless hours the Quetzal awakens, I slap on the saddle and ride home just as the sun dawns,

...and I keep that box I built in the corner of the redwoods, to remind me that determination trumps luck every time in Ark.

In the early days there was myself and a mate. We built a small base on the south east coast.

We'd occasionally make the pilgrimage around the south coast on our transport raft, then up the west coast for pearls and oil.

One day while passing herbivore island, my mate calls out that there was a massive bronto on the island that he'd never seen before. I sailed over for a closer look. This thing was HUGE with boulder like lumps on it's back, but seemed to ignore us. I was right up next to it's leg, still on the boat when my mate came out with the inevitable.

"I wonder what happens if i hit it?..... Oh... Oh... OH poop. GO GO GO GO! F'ING GO GO GO!"

Laughing all the while after we respawned and I took to building a new raft...

1 hour ago, Velathir said:

Yeah, not letting this thread just die, this is a sandbox game, there must be a thousand stories generated every day, bring out your story telling side folks!

The Tale of [My First Quetzal], or [How I Learned Stop Worrying and Learned To Love The Redwoods]:

I had wanted a base further north, closer to bigger carnivores, metal resources, etc.

So, there I was, a mid-sized wood base, thousands of pounds in raw materials, and 30-40 tames, ranging in size from Dodo's to a Rex. There was no way I was going to try a caravan through the swamp to my new home.

I studied up on the solo-taming technique when you dangle yourself from an aggressive Argentavis via a grappling hook, chasing a Quetzal all over the sky like an insane tranq-gun-weilding-pogo-stick. After days of grinding levels to learn all the engrams, build a tranq rifle, and even tamed/levelled an Argie. I was ready, I found a modest level 10 Quetzal and got led on a 7 min long harrowing chase, finally knocking the Quetzal unconscious!

Undeterred, I found another level 20 Quetzal near the Red Obelisk and began my chase anew, running low on supplies I took my time and dragged this chase out for a solid 12 minutes, waiting for the Quetz to clear the swamps below. Finally, with my longneck ready to break, my meager supply of darts dwindling, the Quetz comes crashing to the ground!

...straight into the west end of the redwoods, with a terror bird, dire bear, and a pack of angry bugs.

Oh no, not again!

I dive bomb the Argie into the bugs clawing fast, I get knocked out of my seat somehow and wind up fighting against the terror bird and bear. When the dust settles, the Quetzal is alive!

I have a live unconscious Quetzal and no means of transport. I'm naked, the sun is going down and soon to be cold and starving. If I leave to walk home and get any supplies, it will wake up or get eaten in my absence. To have come so far and still have to lose everything I prepared, to not get home with my prize...

...NO! Ark is a game where we make our tools out of the materials around us, and what the hell are the redwoods if not a bounty of materials?!

I hearken back to my level one days, hastily scrabbling together stone tools, hide armor, berries to eat. I tear down the trees and rocks to slap together a wooden box to enclose my sleeping friend. I hunt the wildlife for food, clothes, I grind out the materials for a bed and even spend my life dragging away a carno to keep the tame safe. I chop down trees and burn wood to cook my meals, I spend my next week (in-game) scraping together everything to keep myself and the tame going.

After endless hours the Quetzal awakens, I slap on the saddle and ride home just as the sun dawns,

...and I keep that box I built in the corner of the redwoods, to remind me that determination trumps luck every time in Ark.

Now that's ARK, lol! Thanks for bumping the post too. Awesome stories everyone, keep em' coming!

3 hours ago, Velathir said:

Oh no, not again!

Awesome story and really well written. I'll post one here sooner or later

It was a sunny afternoon on south tropical island and my tribe mate and I were out on the beach picking berries so we could tame some dodo's so we can maybe one day trade for some carrots and make some kibble to tame a tera.  I have my head down in the bushes just picking away.  I look up for a minute and I see this guy sitting on a frog just staring at me.  I am very new to the game and very new to PvP.   So I do the emote to do a friendly wave and then the frog hits me with his tongue.  I get knocked out right away, the guy on the frog slaps some handcuffs on me.  His me with the grappling hook and then procceds to take me across the map.  Since I am knocked out and handcuffed I have no clue where we are going.  He ends up taking me to the swamp and I get sick from a leech and then it kills me.  I didn't know I got sick until I woke up at our little shack and I get my whole tribe sick. 

Archived