Introducing the Ovis Aries, coming in ARK v254!

Jatheish

7 minutes ago, DirtyMactruck said:

Who only has 1 person in their tribe?  When everyone has personal tames it is hard to keep it under dino limit.  We have our main tribe is full and our "feeder" tribe is almost full.  When you have a large tribe, these things matter.  We do have to have multiple of the useless tames like raptors, sarcos, and carnos in our feeder account because we need their eggs for kibble so we can imprint our babies. 

I realize the tribe thing but still this is a matter of just not letting people have massive amounts of tames and such and making the tribes be picky about their taming 

2 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

I realize the tribe thing but still this is a matter of just not letting people have massive amounts of tames and such and making the tribes be picky about their taming 

We are very picky about our taming and our babies.  We strive to have the best tames out there.  We will only keep new tames that have stats that we can breed into our babies and when we have babies that hatch that do not have the stats we want we kill them. I have killed so many babe dinos it is sad. Now for someone that plays PvE or single player then sure, its not a problem but when we need to have dinos just for war we can't be "Oh well, we dont need this 100% imprinted giga anymore so lets kill it so we can tame some sheep." 

2 hours ago, DirtyMactruck said:

We are very picky about our taming and our babies.  We strive to have the best tames out there.  We will only keep new tames that have stats that we can breed into our babies and when we have babies that hatch that do not have the stats we want we kill them. I have killed so many babe dinos it is sad. Now for someone that plays PvE or single player then sure, its not a problem but when we need to have dinos just for war we can't be "Oh well, we dont need this 100% imprinted giga anymore so lets kill it so we can tame some sheep." 

Then dont tame the sheep? You basically had a strong argument and then counter argued yourself by saying you were going to tame somehing you already said you cared nothing for. 

24 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Then dont tame the sheep? You basically had a strong argument and then counter argued yourself by saying you were going to tame somehing you already said you cared nothing for. 

I wont tame sheep. like i said it is a pointless tame.  Where did I say I was going to tame a sheep?

33 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Sure it might be cool for single player or for small tribes, but my point that they still need to increase dino limit is still valid.  The more dinos they add the bigger the dino cap needs to be. 

I'm just a little disappointed that it's just THE modern sheep just bigger with a bunch of extra horns. Seriously, look up Ovis Aries. It's just the normal sheep you see everyday. People say you can make it a pelt farm by shearing them. Why can't you just shear the tamed animals you've been hunting to get pelt in the first place like mammoths and rhinos? There's not much point in this animals since we already have a few animals that have the potential to do so. Want a pig? Already got an animal that has its niche. Hello phiomia. I support the game and I will vote for them. I just feel like the sheep's purpose is kinda defeated. Plus it's essentially the modern day sheep. 

All these people complaining about "modern day" creatures and not realizing some creatures havent changed much or at all in millions of years bcuz they had no reason to. Then they take this game too seriously and dont let the devs have a little creative fun when they want to. They are just showing their appreciation for getting nominated for an award they had no idea they were eligible for and everyone attacks them. Its crazy

3 hours ago, DirtyMactruck said:

Sure it might be cool for single player or for small tribes, but my point that they still need to increase dino limit is still valid.  The more dinos they add the bigger the dino cap needs to be. 

I meant to say you figuratively said that you would tame it my bad. You said the whole get rid of a Giga for it thing. Im all for bumping the cap, but not just a crap ton.

15 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

All these people complaining about "modern day" creatures and not realizing some creatures havent changed much or at all in millions of years bcuz they had no reason to. Then they take this game too seriously and dont let the devs have a little creative fun when they want to. They are just showing their appreciation for getting nominated for an award they had no idea they were eligible for and everyone attacks them. Its crazy

The problem is that some people don't get why the devs will choose a modern day animal we see everyday than a nice looking prehistoric creature or mythological one. Remember a lot of people played this game to ride the dinosaurs (since that's what it was in the start besides the bosses and alien tech). The devs have stated that hey wouldn't add in horses but they'll add in sheep? For some players, it's sorta a slap in the face. You could've given a cool animal the same niche but instead they took the regular sheep and made it bigger with extra horns. Andrewsarchus would've been a good example. After all, it did evolve down to sheep and goats over the many million years

http://www.cracked.com/article_16117_6-formerly-kickass-creatures-ruined-by-evolution.html

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Remember a lot of people played this game to ride the dinosaurs (since that's what it was in the start besides the bosses and alien tech).

And the dodos, and coelecanths, and the bats, sabertooth tigers, mammoths, megalodons, etc. Remember, primeval's definition doesn't say that they literally have to be prehistoric, just that they bear a resemblance. Taking a modern animal and enlarging it seems to achieve that.