Introducing the Ovis Aries, coming in ARK v254!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Btw we didn't even know ARK was being considered for "Best use of a Farm Animal" (or any Steam Award) until Valve told us ARK had been nominated for it by the Steam Selection Committee on its own. After they told us we were nominated, we figured it'd be fun to add the Ovis since we had already planned on adding a creature for wool shearing using the new "hair" system!

-Jeremy

22 minutes ago, DirtyMactruck said:

Stupid, you add a pointless "dino" when it is so easy to hit dino cap with just egg layers for kibble.  Increase the dino cap with all of the new dinos that have been added the last few months. 

What is wrong with you people saying "pointless" I think you are just close minded to the uses.

5 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

What is wrong with you people saying "pointless" I think you are just close minded to the uses.

You don't need to farm a lot of pelt when you are an end game tibe. It's like saying it's as useful as an Achatina. But if you need pelt you live in the cold where there is tones of pelt around. When you don't live in the cold you rarely need pelt. Only helpful use of this would be able to farm bug spray without farming pelt. I agree it's pointless. Please tell me the value of having 1 or more of these. Only thing I can see me enjoying about this creature is going to be the little babies. But if you can share your open minded thoughts, I might see what you are talking about. 

3 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

If its wool is considered pelt. Then its an infinite source of pelt for Fur armor, bug repellents, and all the things requiring pelt. It also sounds like its meat is better than regular raw meat.

I still see no need for it but regardless they still need to increase the dino limit if they are going to keep adding more and more. It only makes sense. 

Just now, SoapyCreature45 said:

You don't need to farm a lot of pelt when you are an end game tibe. It's like saying it's as useful as an Achatina. But if you need pelt you live in the cold where there is tones of pelt around. When you don't live in the cold you rarely need pelt. Only helpful use of this would be able to farm bug spray without farming pelt. I agree it's pointless. Please tell me the value of having 1 or more of these. Only thing I can see me enjoying about this creature is going to be the little babies. But if you can share your open minded thoughts, I might see what you are talking about. 

Why live in the cold if you have a choice? It just makes it more annoying to keep your food up cuz of the cold and dealing with the more hostile creatures doesn't make it sound great either. You would never have to go off and worry about farming Mammoths for pelt and such when you could just sheer a sheep for it. It is absolutely not useless, just because you don't care about its purpose doesn't make it useless. I mean imo pretty much raptors,sarcos,carnos, etc are pointless when other things overpower them easily but that doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose.

3 minutes ago, DirtyMactruck said:

I still see no need for it but regardless they still need to increase the dino limit if they are going to keep adding more and more. It only makes sense. 

Not necessarily, so what you can have one of each? Well you can still easily do that. So you can breed a massive army of OP creatures? Just get rid of the creatures you don't need anymore like the original parents and such and just keep the ones with the perfected stats.

Edited by UDGxKnight

1 minute ago, UDGxKnight said:

Not necessarily, so what you can have one of each? Well you can still easily do that. So you can breed a massive army? Just get rid of the creatures you don't need anymore like the original parents and such.

Who only has 1 person in their tribe?  When everyone has personal tames it is hard to keep it under dino limit.  We have our main tribe is full and our "feeder" tribe is almost full.  When you have a large tribe, these things matter.  We do have to have multiple of the useless tames like raptors, sarcos, and carnos in our feeder account because we need their eggs for kibble so we can imprint our babies.