Troodon Ridiculousness

Daedros

On 1/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, Tycoon01 said:

My last troodon tame took about 15 minutes from the start of scouting to selecting her name. Just because someone doesn't want to unleash a book of spoilers doesn't mean they're full of poop :)

Very true, but your initial comment of "I can do it but I'm not telling you how" is about as useful as snot on a doorknob. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
On Mon Jan 16 2017 at 4:26 PM, Executivechap said:

taming is based off experience, check the wiki. To tame one you need

1 lvl 40 Giga or...

1 lvl 75 Wyvern or...

1 lvl 158 Spino or...

2 lvl 158 (?) Rexes....

etc., etc.,

Its annoying, and not sure if its worth the trouble at all, but they are cool. Also remember to do this at night

This... taming multipliers don't change anything for taming troodons.. get dododex, it will help out a lot..

9 minutes ago, jedi92raider said:

i have it just wanted to know if it worked for more than one or not just asked a simple question .... i'm not stupid just thought they got a group bonus

I've honestly never done more than 1 at a time.. I'd check YouTube out, you'll probably find better answers there and you'll be able to visually check it out.

• 3 months later...
On 01/13/2017 at 10:52 AM, Scotty8319 said:

... they seem to randomly decide to just spin circles or try to run away instead of attack, even during the night.

Sorry for bringing up an ancient thread, but even after reading a lot about troodon taming, I couldn't find a solution to this. I know I should have the troodon aggro on me... But how? It's just afraid and tries to flee, wasting away valuable minutes of the night. Attacking it does not help.

Should I keep other wild troodons nearby for a pack bonus? Or is there anothet trick?

Just as background information: I'm trying to tame a low-level (7-12) troodon. Maybe they are more easily scared?

I tamed a 145 Troodon with a baby Giga. It wouldn't aggro it, so I used my argie to trap the baby in a corner and let the Troodon attack me. It's splash damage wat hitting the baby. After a 15-20 minute fight, the baby finally died and I got a tamed Troodon. 

My first attempt didn't go so well though. I fed a level 90 Troodon 3 level 247 baby Argies, and it still wasn't tamed, so I dropped it a level 256 Dodo to munch on while I got another baby Argie. When I returned, I found my Dodo standing there next to the Troodon that it had just killed. The Dodo still had over half of its health. Beastly Dodos...

First, make sure your pen is made out of Metal, so the Troodon won't waste time attacking the walls. Second, don't have a Torch nearby, it scares Troodons. Third, tame them at night. Fourth, make sure the Baby sacrifice is set to Neutral. Fifth, there's a 90 second cooldown between feedings, if you feed a baby to them sooner than that, they won't gain Taming progress.

I use 3-4 Lvl 220+ Carno Babies to tame up Lvl 150 Troodons. I have multiple Lvl 220+ Fertilized Carno Eggs at 1% in my Fridge at all times. When i find a Lvl 135+ Troodon, i pick it up with my flyer and drop it in my metal taming pen, then wait for night. As soon as night hits, i hatch 3 of the Carno Eggs, set the babies to Neutral, then pick them up with my Quetz and drop them one at a time into the taming pen with the Troodon. The Troodon has no problem aggroing on baby Carnos at night. I wait 90 seconds between each feeding. 3-4 Baby Carnos and 4.5-6 minutes later, tamed Troodon.

• 11 months later...

For anybody like me that just finally tried taming their first Troodon, it's super easy with a baby Wyvern and a riot shield.  I was using a stone taming pen with torches on the outside.  It kept getting agro ont he stone.  I logged out for a bit and when I logged back in and walked over it immediately got aggro on me.  I hatched my wyvern egg that was at 1%, put it on neutral, beat the crap out of it till it was close to dead, had it follow me into the pen and held up my riot shield and backed around the pen until it hit the wyvern enough times to kill it while trying to bite me.  I don't know how people get Troodon to eat tames without getting in the pen themself.  I have never been successful with that.

• 10 months later...

My biggest problem with them was troodons getting randomly scared and trying to run away. Someone told me it's because of being close to base/structures/tames, but that doesn't seem to be the case since I tried to tame it in natural pen formed of rocks with same result - sometimes it will stop attacking baby rex and run into a rock. Sometimes it helped to pick it up, fly away, drop, get agro on self, pick up and put back again. Sometimes it didn't, meaning I had to do over and over until night would end.

Now I'm playing on PVE and don't see any point in taming troodons. Can't use as shoulder pet and food stat bugged since forever screws up extraction calculation when breeding.

5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Been getting attacked by Troodons during the DAYLIGHT for the last week?  These Troodons were unprovoked!   Anyone know if there was a change to them, that they now attack during day again?

Think it's a proximity thing.

I get attacked by them during the day if I run into them but haven't had them seek me out like they do at night.

Never known that to change personally.

Archived