The Problem with Official Servers !!

So after playing Ark for a few weeks now I decided to try official servers. Seems this is a lost cause though, First trying to find one that isn't full is frustrating enough but then once in every ( and I mean EVERY) beach location seems to be taken. many times I have first spawned in some ones base and been unable to get out as they are mostly walled. however when I finally manage to spawn ( for the first time ) without being trapped there appears to be nowhere to build. Not sure if there is still issues with these servers but all these shiny bases built by other players seem to be abandoned, no players in sight anywhere even though the player list says its populated.

I did have one time I did find a few players in a world but I was met with a most unpleasant experience as I was knocked unconscious and throw in a cage with no way out and was unable to do anything but sit and wait. Very frustrating.

Hoping these servers will one day be fixed but until then I guess I will have to put this on a back burner.

Anyone else having issue's please feel free to share here.

Thanks for taking the time to read

PVE is definitely the best place to start.  You still have some butt clowns out there that like to steal your Dino's and place them in their walls but it isn't as bad.  As far as building goes, you just have to check the different servers and see.  Our Base is u one of the streams on The Island (Southern Islets)  I took my Tribe a bit to find the right server for us to be able to do what we want to do.  But now we have found our spot and the building has begun.

Archived