Solo wyvern milking: REAL Tips?

DremoRaph

• Volunteer Moderator
On 3/23/2017 at 0:10 AM, SpellFoX said:

Hi there,

I'd like to add that the procoptodon is a viable and comparably easy to come by option to tranq and milk wyverns, as no training in speed is necessary, but beneficial, has decent manuverability, as well as allows mounted weaponry. I haven't used these methodes for gathering milk, but for hunting wyverns in general, but these tactics are just as viable for that purpose.

Hit and run method

With their base speed procoptodons are not fast enough to outspeed wyverns, however by using continous jumps, they build up speed rather quickly. They have ridiculously low stamina drop to begin with, but due to them regenerating stamina mid jump, it is effectively unlimited. The open desert is optimal to jump boost to build distance and then get 1-3 shot of with a longneck, or 2-5 arrows with a compound bow while the latter might require some practice. Better be safe than sorry with lightning wyverns and skip the last shot.

Melee(?) method

Abusing the wyverns' horrible turn radius you don't even have to kite them. Using this method, you may want to avoid lightning wyverns altogether, unless you like your procoptodon (and yourself (and maybe your jerboa)) toasted by a deathray aimbot AI. Simply circle inside their turnradius and shoot them from you mount, until they drops. If you do spend points into movement speed, you can also just run after the wing pointing towards the middle of the turning circle and hit it with electric prods or clubs (requires high melee and maybe a decent club blueprint to be viable, but is the most economic option I can think of).

Most of the time you just need to avoid the first breath attack:

• Poison Wyvern shots are easily dodgeable by sprinting sideways, or just straight through them, as poison balls won't kill you instantly from my experience. You can also abuse their ballistic-ish aiming by changing directions after it fires, wait until it fires and then sprint past it or sprint sideways until it fires and just stop. The latter method can result in taking a bite.
  • Fire Wyverns, having a wonky breath hitbox, can often be dodged just by running straight at and then below the wyvern, giving you a chance for easy headshots or even a smack with an electric prod. You may want to avoid elevated ground, unless you spent some points into movement speed. However even if you take hit from the fire breath, from my experience the procoptodon appears to be somewhat resistant to fire damage, surviving several hits without dying (using a default 25 armor saddle).

This might not be as effective as some of the methods mentioned above, but to me it seems a bit more accessable than 200% speed argentavises, since the focus was on solo taming wyverns.

I hope that was helpful.

Please make a video of this and post it in the video section.

• 2 months later...

ez glitch helps if u have a rex and wyvern trap already. you get a trough, kill 1 or 2 alphas, fill trough with milk and if theres still spots left with meat (the trough has to be full), hatch ur wyvern, get it thru first 9 hours to juvi and it should eat out of trough, (obviously u fill the trough after its juvi lol) the thing is you cant look in the trough ever even if the texture shows its empty and it should never spoil you don't need to worry about feeding anymore only imprints, I don't imprint anyways cause we have 200+ wyverns and we can just mass produce them lol

5 hours ago, Evample2 said:

ez glitch helps if u have a rex and wyvern trap already. you get a trough, kill 1 or 2 alphas, fill trough with milk and if theres still spots left with meat (the trough has to be full), hatch ur wyvern, get it thru first 9 hours to juvi and it should eat out of trough, (obviously u fill the trough after its juvi lol) the thing is you cant look in the trough ever even if the texture shows its empty and it should never spoil you don't need to worry about feeding anymore only imprints, I don't imprint anyways cause we have 200+ wyverns and we can just mass produce them lol

Unless they've changed how you raise these guys in the last few months, I would guess you have never raised a wyvern or you just like lying in a public forum. Wyverns will never eat from a trough. They only eat milk until they become an adult, makes no difference if baby, juvenile, or adolesent. You can't put milk in a feeding trough. Wow, what a load of crap.

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

Unless they've changed how you raise these guys in the last few months, I would guess you have never raised a wyvern or you just like lying in a public forum. Wyverns will never eat from a trough. They only eat milk until they become an adult, makes no difference if baby, juvenile, or adolesent. You can't put milk in a feeding trough. Wow, what a load of crap.

no thats what my tribemates said they do and they explained it to me. And yes i know they only take the milk until adult but tbh dont know about placing them in trough i just went off what my tribemates said so ye

another edit lol: i read a few posts that milk can be put in troughs but im not sure if thats changed since they were made late 2016

• 3 weeks later...

Traps will be your best friend if you are solo harvesting milk! You will need a behemoth gate with a pincode, walls, pillars, and ceilings. Just need some electricity going to power the keypad. Once you get the wyvern in the trap you have to be quick to punch in the code that will shut the behemoth gate. You HAVE to be quick because after a few seconds the wyverns will try to turn around and fly out. Then tranq it with arrows or darts.

If you don't want to build your own, some servers have public traps that will have the pin code displayed on a sign. You can even ask to use someone else's too!

Getting milk is sooo easy. I've never built a trap in my life. Just use one of the many already built ones on the map. I just grab a wyvern by flying close or hitting it. Let is stay close so it won't de-aggro and make it follow you parallel to the scar, fly over the side of a trap and then land straight down. You will trap the wyvern in the side of trap, now just take it down with tranq arrows, take the milk and you are done. Another option is to trap the wyvern in the back of a trap. You don't want to use the front of the trap because they will always flee towards the scar and can escape. Some fancy traps have remote triggers, most often the code is 1111 or 2222 and are most tribes don't mind you using them as long as you leave the gate open after use.

Archived