website Unofficial online creature stats saver

Zubsero

Fellow ark players!

Updated till patch : V255.5 (last checked 14 March 2017)

Current features

- MySQL based database to contain your creatures in.

- Secure Login system to keep your account safe! (Dont use password that u dont want to compromise, passwords are hashed but I cannot garantuee 100% safety)

- All latest creatures till the patch version on top of this thread.
- Pictures of each creature (thanks to dododex for allowing me to use them)

- Dododex inspired Stat calculator to see if the desired stats are achieved or not.

- dododex inspired chart to visualize the stats provided.

- Bug report Form, Please use this if encountering any pesky bugs!, OR just leave me some general feedback :D

Now, what does it do exactly? Its simple, U register yourself, then u can proceed to fill in your tamed or bred animal stats. with a little side note that most of you should note, it only works with the Vanilla base bred stats AKA the stats that u see PRE-TAME, so when your dinosaur is unconcious before the tame is complete, except ofcourse when u bred the animal, in that case the calculator doubles simply as a form to write the bred stats down.

I also included a calcutator heavily inspired by the dododex stat calculator. With that I mean i pretty much tried to implement the same features, but with my own future-proof JS code to keep it more versatile. I hope I didnt break any copyright lawsuits in the proces. Anyway, this calculator will show u whether or not the stats are any good for your particular specimen.  After u filled in the form, U just press save form and in the "my dinosaur" tab u can recall your animal, and optionally delete it. PS: no commercials, ads, or any form of monetising. I want to keep it as slick as possible.

here is the link: http://www.arkmanager.tk

That is all! I would very much appriciate any constructive criticism and bug reports, opinions, extra features. etc. I will be monitoring anything very frequently and try to improve on whatever is needed.

Please keep the following things in mind when using the online tool.

1. First of all, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! remember your password. I made it secure, but cannot restore any passwords, nor see it. Its all hashed and salted, there is no "forgot password" function either! I have one in the makings, but really, just write your password down just in case. if you really need a new password u will have to contact me through this thread.
  2. Never trust it completetly, I did some heavy testing but it uses experimental features, I also admit i am not a professional and do this merely as a hobby. I do plan on making it better and improving it! So with this in mind there a backup function, please use it. I cannot assure that all your dino's will be safe until proper testing is done. I will do however everything to keep your dino's safe.
  3. This is not a mobile friendly app, making it so costs me a bit more time due to the extra coding, please use your browser for now, I coded it based on Chromium, Internet explorer en firefox should work but I dont think all screensizes are supported, if u cant see some stuff try zooming in/out. 
  4. Please try to break it, this allows me to fix any bugs. But dont forget to report whatever bug u find.
  5. I tried to make the tool as secure as possible, but I would like to call on your goodwill to not try to hack it, or tampering with it so it stops working, Really, just please dont DDOS it.
  6. Lastly, I have yet to find out how the database will perform under heavy load, the website may become unstable at some point. Since all your dinosaurs will be written in one giant table, and filtered out with some intelligent algorithms. If this proves to be slow or buggy il be switching over to one table per member. EDIT; after several months of testing I havent come across Issues yet, but I am monitoring it closely. performance-wise its top notch so far but am kinda limited in multi account functionality
  7. Huge thanks for dododex for being my inspiration!
  8. Please excuse my english as well, Im not a native speaker or writer.

On 27-12-2016 at 5:48 AM, ehuhoser said:

what do you mean by pre-tamed stats as when you tame, the stats change somethings depending on the animal like Giga for example.  So would it be able to edit what u put in after tame as well?

sorry for not being more specific, I ment "pre-tame" more as a synonym as your vanilla base creature, so without any leveling up. write down the stats before taming.

3 hours ago, FeelingLotus said:

Looks decent so far. Maybe increase window size for Stat input to make it easier to manually enter numbers. How about a lineage folder? Good work. 

Thank you, i will look into the window size, maybe make it dynamic? with a slider or something, A lineage folder sounds awesome too, so where u could see the ancestors of your creatures?

BUG - http://www.arkmanager.tk/Mydinos.php - You cannot enter decimal places. My dino has 1806.1 health, but if I enter the decimal it cuts it off. My Ptera doesn't have 1806.0, it has 1806.1, that will need to change for more accurate results.

BUG - http://www.arkmanager.tk/DinoList.php - Dinos are all showing up as L127 after you save them. This should be fixed.

------------

I like what you're doing, but you need to take more tips from ARK Smart Breeding. The software has truckloads of features that DodoDex does not. I also disagree with the way that DodoDex and others figure out the 'wasted' points. They do not take the bonus damage into account so damage looks majorly inflated, when the speed levels should actually be higher (even though they're still wasted points as the speed % doesn't change).

Keep up the good work, but you've got a lot of developing to do before releasing this to the public to test.

9 hours ago, Bioshokar said:

One thing I've noticed is that any dino that i enter in always gets put to level 129 no quite sure why.

Also is there any way to make the main window longer to include melee damage on the chart.

But other then that i like the look of it very fancy stuff well done :)

Thank you for your input! The lvl127 bug is indeed a critical fix I will need to fix ASAP! It has to do with the limitation in the database, I will have to convert the way this value is stored.
As for the main window, It scales dynamically, I still need more testing on smaller screensizes, since on my own ( a 27 inch screen) melee just shows up fine. I will prepare a fix for this also. Thank you for reporting it!

2 hours ago, Thalantyr said:

BUG - http://www.arkmanager.tk/Mydinos.php - You cannot enter decimal places. My dino has 1806.1 health, but if I enter the decimal it cuts it off. My Ptera doesn't have 1806.0, it has 1806.1, that will need to change for more accurate results.

BUG - http://www.arkmanager.tk/DinoList.php - Dinos are all showing up as L127 after you save them. This should be fixed.

------------

I like what you're doing, but you need to take more tips from ARK Smart Breeding. The software has truckloads of features that DodoDex does not. I also disagree with the way that DodoDex and others figure out the 'wasted' points. They do not take the bonus damage into account so damage looks majorly inflated, when the speed levels should actually be higher (even though they're still wasted points as the speed % doesn't change).

Keep up the good work, but you've got a lot of developing to do before releasing this to the public to test.

Yes, The decimal problem is a limitation in javascript, it rounds it up itself, I will look into it how i will overcome this issue, Thank you for pointing it out!
People already pointed me to the ARK smart breeding tool. I will look into the source code, from the looks of it, its pretty in dept stuff ;)
The level 127 issue I got pointed out multiple times, its a problem in the database, Kinda my own fault, It will be fixed ASAP!

And yes, I realise i got a loooooooot of developing left before even considering my tool working, thats why i am so grateful for people like you and others here, you all take the time to bother and test and care to point out flaws etc, It makes me feel commited to the task to make it better!

Small update: In the meantime I fixed the lvl127 bug, It was my own fault indeed by restricting the database to TINYINT instead of SMALLINT, this causes the problem that a higher value of 127 is not accepted. Im kinda thinking to make a bugtracker so people using the website are notified of changes/fixes/error's

second update, I double checked the javascript and actually i already had a fix for the decimals ready, it was a HTML error, it didnt validate decimals numbers properly upon sending in the form. this has been fixed and decimal numbers are accepted now! I also made the input field a tad wider so it can be read correctly! Happy hollidays to all!

On 1/1/2017 at 3:52 AM, Zubsero said:

Small update: In the meantime I fixed the lvl127 bug, It was my own fault indeed by restricting the database to TINYINT instead of SMALLINT, this causes the problem that a higher value of 127 is not accepted. Im kinda thinking to make a bugtracker so people using the website are notified of changes/fixes/error's

second update, I double checked the javascript and actually i already had a fix for the decimals ready, it was a HTML error, it didnt validate decimals numbers properly upon sending in the form. this has been fixed and decimal numbers are accepted now! I also made the input field a tad wider so it can be read correctly! Happy hollidays to all!

Thatnks for those fixes :) amazing work your doing keep it up

• 2 weeks later...

Heya! Developer of Dododex here! This is awesome! Nice work!

I appreciate the mention in the post.

Since you're using Dododex's dino images, and you're using all of Dododex's stat calculator code/CSS/JS, would you be able to add a Dododex link + credit in your footer or something? Something like "Stat Calculator and Creature Images by Dododex"? I'd appreciate it! :)

Some other feedback: Once you submit a dino, the site should redirect you to your dino list. It feels a bit cumbersome to have to click the logo, then click "My Dinosaurs". Also, it'd be cool if clicking the logo (the "front page") would just be your dino list. The "add dino" vs. "dino list" page seems unnecessary. But awesome work! Keep it up!

On 12/31/2016 at 6:49 AM, Thalantyr said:

The software has truckloads of features that DodoDex does not. I also disagree with the way that DodoDex and others figure out the 'wasted' points. They do not take the bonus damage into account so damage looks majorly inflated, when the speed levels should actually be higher (even though they're still wasted points as the speed % doesn't change).

I don't want to derail the thread, but could you explain what you mean by this? Dododex's Stat Calculator is for pre-tame creatures, so bonuses are not applicable yet (and there's no way to effectively predict post-tame stats, since level-up stats are randomly applied).

On 13.1.2017 at 4:13 AM, danleveille said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but could you explain what you mean by this? Dododex's Stat Calculator is for pre-tame creatures, so bonuses are not applicable yet (and there's no way to effectively predict post-tame stats, since level-up stats are randomly applied).

Often people seem to miss the note "Dododex's stat calculator will calculate how a wild creature's stats were distributed in Ark: Survival Evolved." and use it for their tamed dinos, leading to wrong numbers in melee damage and sometimes food. The same goes for the wild-stats-calculator I did for the wiki. If they notice, they blame the calculator to be wrong. So it's not Dododex, it's the people ;)

On 13-1-2017 at 4:07 AM, danleveille said:

Heya! Developer of Dododex here! This is awesome! Nice work!

I appreciate the mention in the post.

Since you're using Dododex's dino images, and you're using all of Dododex's stat calculator code/CSS/JS, would you be able to add a Dododex link + credit in your footer or something? Something like "Stat Calculator and Creature Images by Dododex"? I'd appreciate it! :)

Some other feedback: Once you submit a dino, the site should redirect you to your dino list. It feels a bit cumbersome to have to click the logo, then click "My Dinosaurs". Also, it'd be cool if clicking the logo (the "front page") would just be your dino list. The "add dino" vs. "dino list" page seems unnecessary. But awesome work! Keep it up!

oh such an honor to be found by the Dododex developer hehe :)

Thanks for the feedback! the redirect page is indeed not very intuitive and kinda weird.
sorry for the late reply, had a very busy couple of weeks sorting out IRL stuff, havent had much chance to come online, and i was waiting for the latest patch to update all of the features I have been planned on, 

dododex code is really something i heavily rely upon so looking back on it i really feel ashamed I never put proper credits anywhere where credit is due. Such a big mistake on my part, i will make sure as soon as the jan31 patch will hit that it will be all sorted out! 
Thanks again for having dododex in the first place it is still my number 1 place to go whenever i need a quick checkup!

Latest update:

- The website is updated till the latest patch, with all new creatures implemented.
- Heavily cleaned up back-end code, MySQL should run approx a third faster than before!
- Front-end code slickened down, almost 2k less code overal, Save the extra kilobytes loading in the site!
- dododex chart added, huge shoutout for those slick visuals!
- added extra credits to dododex for providing base source code.
- Added extra navigations buttons for easier workflow, this will be reworked as the planned features start to roll in!

15 minutes ago, HenoBoy said:

Picture1.thumb.png.42d96aae802e9adcbaa37fbbdaaef0db.pngPicture1.thumb.png.42d96aae802e9adcbaa37fbbdaaef0db.png

Just to confirm that this is the level it was after the tame was completed? not the level it was wild?

nope, sorry!
its ment for the wild level of the animals, so before tame is complete, the calculator will use this to determine the available points that your creature got apointed. 

I will edit the text to make this more obvious!

On 13-2-2017 at 4:17 PM, Nights0ng said:

Added a screen shot of the login page in Edge. Seems to be cut off on the top and the scroll bars are all the way at the top. Also tried in Chrome, not as much of an issue, but the user textbox is sitting right at the top of the screen. You probably want some padding in there anyway.

Capture.PNG

aight indeed! edge is my bane :) il have to rewrite some cross browser CSS, its number 1 on my tofix list atm :)

Archived