Patch 253: Cnidaria, Pegomastax, Therizinosaurus, Troodon, Tusoteuthis, Underwater Caves & Winter Wonderland 2!

Jatheish

4 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

There was no "update" today because the update was what you got the other day. The content was already there on Xbox, it was just waiting to be switched on. The content is now there as per this thread.

Ok so if I go to center map there snow but no snow on the island at all on Xbox 

2 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Maybe you need to read this article again: 

PC is getting EVERYTHING that Console is getting plus more. It is Console that is not getting everything that PC is getting.

Maybe you should read it again. It doesn't state anywhere in the article that console does not get raptor clause. 

"

Season's Greeting Survivors! :Jerblove:

It's that most wonderful time of year again, a time of celebration, joy, and sharing. And we have a lot to share with you in this update! 

Join Raptor Claus as he darts across the night sky in his sleigh, air-dropping presents filled with high-end Loot Blueprints, Mistletoe, or Coal for naughty Survivors. Survivors can trade in Santa's gifts for Reindeer Costumes, Candy Cane Club Weapons, Santa Hats, and if they collect enough Coal, they might even be able to summon the elusive holiday-themed DodoRex to do their bidding for a limited time!

Console Survivors can experience the fun of the holidays by 'sleighing' special gift-bearing creatures! Scattered across the ARK, various festive themed friends will be delivering Santa's Gifts. Kill the following critters and collect goodies from their inventories: 

Stags over Level 100:
Reindeer Skin

Yetis:
Santa Dino Hat

Penguins over Level 50:
Santa Player Hat

Xbox Survivors are in for an additional treat, as some of the ARK's creatures are also celebrating their birthdays, with hats and a special suit! ;)

Titanosaurus:
Birthday Suit Shirt
Birthday Suit Pants

Wild Giganotosaurus:
Birthday Dino Hat

Dilos over Level 50:
Birthday Player Hat

Along with this holiday-themed update, we are also excited to unveil content Patch 253.."

Don't dance around with your words either, this is such complete crap. Why the devs always wait until last minute to shaft the consoles and the worst part is you don't even look us in the eye after..

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Marksman00048 said:

Maybe you should read it again. It doesn't state anywhere in the article that console does not get raptor clause. 

It may not state it specifically, I admit that, but the reason it says this bit below is because those items that are gained via drops by Raptor Claus on PC are dropped by certain creatures on Console "in the absence" of Raptor Claus.

Console Survivors can experience the fun of the holidays by 'sleighing' special gift-bearing creatures! Scattered across the ARK, various festive themed friends will be delivering Santa's Gifts. Kill the following critters and collect goodies from their inventories: 

Stags over Level 100:
Reindeer Skin

Yetis:
Santa Dino Hat

Penguins over Level 50:
Santa Player Hat

14 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

It may not state it specifically, I admit that, but the reason it says this bit below is because those items that are gained via drops by Raptor Claus on PC are dropped by certain creatures on Console "in the absence" of Raptor Claus.

Ok the dilos are dropping only nerdy glasses where is my birthday player  hat or is it a low drop rate 

Edited by Werewolfdynasty30
Got 1 party hat

I have an actual question aside from all these other ones. Where can we craft this years items? Last year the engrams just popped up in the smithy and you could craft them there, however we just built another smithy to make sure adn we can't craft the holiday stuff. Not much of an issue since I can admin the stuff in for people but would like to know if it's a minor bug or you guys have changed where we can craft items from or how.

I understand not having the Raptor Clause on console, being a PC exclusive. Yet, consoles are missing out on a lot. 

Lets review:

-No snow on consoles at all (Seriously? that's the biggest thing for a winter wonderland.)

-No Raptor Clause

-No high quality blueprint drops 

-No Dodorex 

-Yes Cosmetic Items...that's all we get?

-Not even crafting engrams like Christmas Trees and Lights?

You have really dropped the ball here for console Wild Card. The snow would have made this tolerable, but not even that? 

10/10 PC

2/10 Console

I am actually really happy that the xbox got the Santa dino hats and the birthday dino hats i have been looking forward to getting them and the birthday suit is cool to me and my tribe were having a good laugh about it very nice add! was hopping there was more for xbox but thank you Wildcard for what you did give us!!

8 minutes ago, FearSight said:

I am actually really happy that the xbox got the Santa dino hats and the birthday dino hats i have been looking forward to getting them and the birthday suit is cool to me and my tribe were having a good laugh about it very nice add! was hopping there was more for xbox but thank you Wildcard for what you did give us!!

Hmmm well if wildcard would true to there word and do as they announcements and Twitters form lead developers the we (Xbox)  would get all of the pc stuff.

So, what exactly was given to the TheCenter map with this patch?  As I understand it, the TheCenter did not receive the new water creatures but did get the Alpha mosa and the Megalosaurus from last patch.   Anything else that the TheCenter players might want to know about?

Also, is there a standard place to see patch notes that pertain to the TheCenter map for patch days?

Just now, Bloodlust1982 said:

Hmmm well if wildcard would true to there word and do as they announcements and Twitters form lead developers the we (Xbox)  would get all of the pc stuff.

true but ppl need to remember not everything goes as planned and stuff always cant be brought from pc to console so am i let down a little that we didnt get everything yes but am i happy that we got some good stuff still yes i am

1 minute ago, HellHound1ZA said:

Does anyone know if the Winter Wonderland content is available on player dedicated servers for Xbox one or only on official servers?

The content is there, the only thing you can do on console is kill certain dino's for accessories and skins. There isn't snow, or raptor clause. 

Here is quote:

Stags over Level 100:
Reindeer Skin

Yetis:
Santa Dino Hat

Penguins over Level 50:
Santa Player Hat

Xbox Survivors are in for an additional treat, as some of the ARK's creatures are also celebrating their birthdays, with hats and a special suit! ;)

Titanosaurus:
Birthday Suit Shirt
Birthday Suit Pants

Wild Giganotosaurus:
Birthday Dino Hat

Dilos over Level 50:
Birthday Player Hat

11 minutes ago, Dvibs said:

The content is there, the only thing you can do on console is kill certain dino's for accessories and skins. There isn't snow, or raptor clause. 

Here is quote:

Stags over Level 100:
Reindeer Skin

Yetis:
Santa Dino Hat

Penguins over Level 50:
Santa Player Hat

Titanosaurus:
Birthday Suit Shirt
Birthday Suit Pants

Wild Giganotosaurus:
Birthday Dino Hat

Dilos over Level 50:
Birthday Player Hat

Yeah, I understand that but, is the content available on private servers? Killed a few of the above dinos and haven't gotten anything yet and haven't seen anyone on my server with any of the content either, so was just wondering if it is in fact available for player dedicated servers or official servers only.

Edited by HellHound1ZA

3 minutes ago, HellHound1ZA said:

Yeah, I understand that but, is the content available on private servers? Killed a few of the above dinos and haven't gotten anything yet and haven't seen anyone on my server with any of the content either, so was just wondering if it is in fact available for player dedicated servers or official servers only. 

Haven't seen any birthday hats or suits on any of the dinos either. 

I'm not sure if they are available on non-official. I would guess the admins would have to load that content in? I tested The Center and The Island on official and all the dino's have been dropping what they are supposed to.

Just now, Dvibs said:

I'm not sure if they are available on non-official. I would guess the admins would have to load that content in? I tested The Center and The Island on official and all the dino's have been dropping what they are supposed to.

Okay thanks! Will have to spawn them in for players on my server if I don't find any in the next two days or so. 

17 minutes ago, HellHound1ZA said:

Okay thanks! Will have to spawn them in for players on my server if I don't find any in the next two days or so. 

Found post about non-official, hope it helps.

Hey Survivors,

If you're playing on a Non-Official Server for Console but would like to make use of the Winter Wonderland Cosmetics, the server admins can do so using the following blueprint paths:

"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Leather/PrimalItemSkin_TorchSparkler.PrimalItemSkin_TorchSparkler'"
"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Leather/PrimalItemSkin_BirthdayShirt.PrimalItemSkin_BirthdayShirt'"
"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Leather/PrimalItemSkin_BirthdayPants.PrimalItemSkin_BirthdayPants'"
"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Saddles/PrimalItemCostume_ReindeerStag.PrimalItemCostume_ReindeerStag'"
"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_PartyHat.PrimalItemSkin_PartyHat'"
"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_SantaHat.PrimalItemSkin_SantaHat'"
"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_DinoSantaHat.PrimalItemSkin_DinoSantaHat'"
"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Leather/PrimalItemSkin_DinoPartyHat.PrimalItemSkin_DinoPartyHat'"