Patch 253: Cnidaria, Pegomastax, Therizinosaurus, Troodon, Tusoteuthis, Underwater Caves & Winter Wonderland 2!

Jatheish

Just now, AnimalMind said:

Well in the listing it shows what Console players / xbox players get but nothing about pc players. So I ask again what about pc players?

Everything above that is in reference to PC players. It's the same as last year's winter event. You need to take more time to read it carefully, though in your defense that part of the post wasn't formatted as well as the console details. 

1 minute ago, Argon said:

Everything above that is in reference to PC players. It's the same as last year's winter event. You need to take more time to read it carefully, though in your defense that part of the post wasn't formatted as well as the console details. 

I understand that, what I do not understand is why we are not getting the same thing as console players when we have been playing it for much longer. Where are the PC exclusives?

8 minutes ago, DayanZM said:

That doesn't make me entitled, idiot.  I paid $60 for my game.  I want to play it when I want to.  I'm ENTITLED to play MY game when I want to, as I PAID FOR IT.  Use your brain before you say something stupid next time.

--  Actually, I paid $120 since I bought two copies; One for myself, and one for my roomie.

Who is keeping you from playing your game, exactly? I can still get on single player just fine. I can still get on my server just fine. Go play YOUR game and quit whining.

All Platforms get the same holiday content.  Xbox is getting the birthday stuff as well that the PC already had.  The information is there, you just have to read it.  (maybe more than once or twice)

Edit:  Ok so PC get a raptor claus and xbox does not, maybe a platform limitation on xbox.  But the end result is the same, just two different methods of achieving it. 

Edited by INDIO
clarity

For a game that's rated mature, there are sure a lot of immature commenters on here.  Do your parents know you are playing a game rated 18+?

Maintenence & Online Service

ARKServers.net will try to use reasonable efforts to supply a continuous service. However - we reserve the right to close service at any time, for any reason, for any period of time, at our sole discretion. No refunds on Wallet Cash will be given. ARKServers.net is not liable for any loss of data caused by (but not limited to) service interruptions, delays, economical issues, missed or non-deliveries, or by errors/omissions of the customer. ARKServers.net is not responsible for any losses suffered resulting from (but not limited to) acts of god or force majeure including civil unrest, riots, floods, drought, fire, war and imposing legislation.

You agree that ARKServers.net is not liable to you for any consequential damages which you may suffer as a result from (but not limited to) loss of our business, closing of our service, loss of contracts, loss of profits, loss of savings, or otherwise.

From time to time ARKServers.net or our hosting providers need to carry out maintenance on the network or servers, which may involve temporarily shutting parts or all of our service down. ARKServers.net accepts no liability whatsoever arising from such a suspension of the service.

Drops mic.....

Edited by INDIO
EULA

6 minutes ago, Dreadnaught said:

So are the consoles for sure not getting raptor clause?  It specifies the skins we can get and how after describing how raptor clause will work but it does not say consoles are not going to see him.  Not very clear to me can anyone confirm one way or the other?

nope just cosmetics. crap eh

Just now, Scotty8319 said:

Such as?

I'm not being a smart arse, I'm really curious what holiday items PC gets that consoles don't. I was under the impression it was just delayed for consoles, not denied completely. 

The console doesn't get raptor clause, so the only way to give them goodies is to put the skins and such on creature kills.

PC will get everything they get but through presents dropped by raptor clause. (raptor clause is pc exclusive)

2 minutes ago, INDIO said:

All Platforms get the same holiday content.  Xbox is getting the birthday stuff as well that the PC already had.  The information is there, you just have to read it.  (maybe more than once or twice)

no they dont lol .... all we get console owners is cosmetic items no raptor claus or dodorex to be spawned in because raptor claus is pc only ....

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, AnimalMind said:

I understand that, what I do not understand is why we are not getting the same thing as console players when we have been playing it for much longer. Where are the PC exclusives?

Maybe you need to read this article again: 

PC is getting EVERYTHING that Console is getting plus more. It is Console that is not getting everything that PC is getting.

Those are some gorgeous looking caves, and I can't wait to get my hands on some tech gear and those new sea dinos. I love underwater stuff and it's great to see it's getting some love with these cool new things to do underwater and the upcoming tek ventilator. 

On a side note, I just thought of a great idea. An underwater focused map. Will start a new thread on it for more info :)

I noticed some people have posted here that don't understand what Raptor Claus does. On last year's PC Christmas event he would drop high quality blueprints often ascendant and Mastercraft (quetz platform, scuba, gillies, etc.). Many of these items were the same as those that can be found in the deep sea loot crates. The nice thing about these was that any level character could pick them up. There's no level gate to collect them like the underwater loot crates require.

Sure, Xbox is gaining access to the birthday cosmetics but are really missing out on (in my opinion) the best aspect of Winter Wonderland- the high quality loot drops from Raptor Claus.

1 hour ago, INDIO said:

Edit:  Ok so PC get a raptor claus and xbox does not, maybe a platform limitation on xbox.  But the end result is the same, just two different methods of achieving it. 

Before calling everyone here immature perhaps you should re-read the original post.

The end result is not the same. On PC you can collect high end blueprints and coal/mistletoe. The coal is used to summon the dodo rex and the mistletoe is used to obtain cosmetics.

On Xbox you can only obtain cosmetics by killing certain dinos. So no high end blueprints and no dodo rex summoning. 

TLDR;

PC: Blueprints, Cosmetics, Dodo rex

Xbox: Cosmetics

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Werewolfdynasty30 said:

Hope a moderator can answer this is the winter wonderland 2 not on Xbox at this time cuz I see no snow and never got a update is it delayed  cuz it now 6pm I think in eastern time 

There was no "update" today because the update was what you got the other day. The content was already there on Xbox, it was just waiting to be switched on. The content is now there as per this thread.

Edited by GamerPerfection