TEK Tier Delay - Version 254

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors!

The introduction of TEK Tier Phase 1 has been delayed to January’s patch v254. We know a lot of you are looking forward to its introduction, and we are too, however a short while ago we came to the decision to hold back on the roll-out of this complicated new gameplay system.

The reason for this being is that we believe the TEK Tier systems will require a lot of live iteration with you. We will need be highly active, available, and rapidly iterating throughout the hours, days, and weeks after its introduction. As we enter the holiday week, we believe we aren’t able to achieve this as players and developers alike are bound to be spending time with family and friends, issues may not get as much attention as we would like and therefore to avoid this problem we want to hold out this content a little further.

However, that said - we have the goods ready to enter testing, it just needs more tweaking balance-wise, and due to the additional time before v254, we’ll be able to get in even more of TEK Tier into the upcoming release than we initially planned, including additional Items and Structures. We will be doing an early preview of what’s to come at the start of the New Year, including the very exciting Underwater Base system! So it won’t be long until you get another deep-dive into the TEK Tier -- pun intended -- and soon thereafter your first hands-on experience with it.

I know some of you are going to be a little disappointed, but we believe this is the best decision for the long term development and health of the live game. There is still a jolly good amount of content coming today in v253; we hope you enjoy the upcoming patch, and we wish you all very happy holidays!

More delays? I understand why. But it's more than a little frustrating seeing this kind of news day after day. I just hope that this means that the Tek Tier update will release simultaneously across all platforms...

After all, I was really looking forward to the full Winter Wonderland event on Xbox One after the Fear Evolved event barely saw its release to the platform. I hope that the Anniversary Rewards are worth the missing content.

• Volunteer Moderator

I feel it's a good thing to hold it back slightly until the holidays are over. With potential for fixes being needed and maybe adjustments we need everyone, WC-side and Player-side to be around to use it and feedback.

After all we all know how quickly Christmas flies by, so it won't be long until January.

:Jerblove:

5 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey Survivors!

The introduction of TEK Tier Phase 1 has been delayed to January’s patch v254. We know a lot of you are looking forward to its introduction, and we are too, however a short while ago we came to the decision to hold back on the roll-out of this complicated new gameplay system.

The reason for this being is that we believe the TEK Tier systems will require a lot of live iteration with you. We will need be highly active, available, and rapidly iterating throughout the hours, days, and weeks after its introduction. As we enter the holiday week, we believe we aren’t able to achieve this as players and developers alike are bound to be spending time with family and friends, issues may not get as much attention as we would like and therefore to avoid this problem we want to hold out this content a little further.

However, that said - we have the goods ready to enter testing, it just needs more tweaking balance-wise, and due to the additional time before v254, we’ll be able to get in even more of TEK Tier into the upcoming release than we initially planned, including additional Items and Structures. We will be doing an early preview of what’s to come at the start of the New Year, including the very exciting Underwater Base system! So it won’t be long until you get another deep-dive into the TEK Tier -- pun intended -- and soon thereafter your first hands-on experience with it.

I know some of you are going to be a little disappointed, but we believe this is the best decision for the long term development and health of the live game. There is still a jolly good amount of content coming today in v253; we hope you enjoy the upcoming patch, and we wish you all very happy holidays!

Maybe a public beta branch with Tek tier can be a good idea before launch the patch v254.

@Jat  Two things I hope you guys put forth here. First is the stopping of the last minute delay's. I understand you push the envelope, but it frustrates people more to find out the day it was due to release its been delayed rather than ahead of time and ahead of the build up.

Second, I hope that you, like my previous time hog Wargaming (World of Tanks) think about implementing a major holiday break within the game, where raids "Freeze" to allow people to spend time with their families. At no point in time should I be losing everything I worked so hard for because someone from another nation who doesn't spend a holiday such as Christmas blasts my base into oblivion because i wish to spend time with my family. Hopefully this is something that can be implemented in here going forward for MAJOR holidays only (Thanksgiving and Christmas only in US for example)

i get the point of being with families i do but if that's just only reason to delay a update why make a game at al because the last patch was also delayed and the patch before that was also delayed so if you promise something than i don't thing you can go back on it but still i understand so i hope it will not be delayed again so fare you did a good job on the game love it  happy x-mass

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/ark-survival-evolved/news/ark_survival_evolved,52268,3307186.html

so this interview from 21 december told us already that there will be NO tek tier...why didn´t take out the tek tier at this time?

everybody was waiting, and rumors run arround cause of this article...but no earlier statement from wildcard....not a nice way!

People where hyped cause of the tek tier and now there will be much disappointment....poopstorm inc. i would assume^^

22 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

It has been delayed for a year now... wonder oh wonder... Yeah more bullpoop Dinos and annyoing DLCs... thats what they are working on.

Amen bro... introduce new useless stuff but not fix old stuff... oh, and continue to shove back deadlines... just stop telling us when and surprise us when it is ready... 

Most annoying thing i had to realize after my nearly 1 year brake.... Most bugs are still ingame. Really only added mostly useless Dinos.... I thought DILO.... OK... Rock Golems are really cool, but thats all. i hoped some of the cool mods out there would be implented, especially cause the standard buildingsystem of Wildcard sucks like hell. So many Dudes made it better... But nothing... again... some useless Dinos added. 
But hey... im a Fortuneteller... Now all the noobish WildcardFanboys will come out of their hole and complaining about ist early access bla bla bullpoop. Havent you realized that they keep that status on purpose. OMFG

7 minutes ago, Jakeblood said:

Amen bro... introduce new useless stuff but not fix old stuff... oh, and continue to shove back deadlines... just stop telling us when and surprise us when it is ready... 

I actually like that idea,  Instead of telling us something like this is coming, just add it and post it in the patch notes AFTER its been added.  

But I totally get this delay though. You know tek is gonna break things OMG its gonna break things I can see that coming a mile away. And if it is, its not fair that people will be wailing about broken stuff in the forums to deaf ears because you guys are spending holidays with your families.  Id rather wait so when your tek tier borks all my mods (it will I'm sure) you are there to fix it before the yelling gets too out of control.  Sucks we aren't getting it though. 

That said, those of us who are modded have had tek for a LONG time, so we've probably got more patience than most ;>

1 hour ago, bulldog1986 said:

Second, I hope that you, like my previous time hog Wargaming (World of Tanks) think about implementing a major holiday break within the game, where raids "Freeze" to allow people to spend time with their families.

They implent again the dodrex. So they want that the people blow each other up. ;)

24 minutes ago, Dottie78 said:

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/ark-survival-evolved/news/ark_survival_evolved,52268,3307186.html

so this interview from 21 december told us already that there will be NO tek tier...why didn´t take out the tek tier at this time?

everybody was waiting, and rumors run arround cause of this article...but no earlier statement from wildcard....not a nice way!

People where hyped cause of the tek tier and now there will be much disappointment....poopstorm inc. i would assume^^

Yeah funny.

Kayd Hendricks (Senior Gameplay und Technical Designer) said already that it will not come this year and also not in January 2017, because its not ready.

Now @Jat is saying they did that because of the holidays?

You guys should talk to each other what is the official communication.

Archived