Swamp Cave Loot

Smart86

1 minute ago, Dam Son said:

Months ago. The key here is to visit that swamp constantly. 80% of the time is junk loot. But, with a pair of mateboosted frogs, it's pretty easy

Yea im using 1 frog right now and its doing the job but i think you went before the loot table nerf. Either way ill keep trying, Thanks for the info :)

6 hours ago, Smart86 said:

Yea im using 1 frog right now and its doing the job but i think you went before the loot table nerf. Either way ill keep trying, Thanks for the info :)

Just curious, why frogs and not direwolfs or Sabertooths? I haven't started looting caves yet so I'm not sure the thought process here.

Just now, VicRattlehed said:

Dunno about lately, but me and a friend took our wolves in and ran through it pretty easily. I think we had 4k health and over 400 melee

My frog does fine in the cave only has 1.7k hp but has 540 dmg. was a 120 tame from back in the 4.0 Difficulty Era. Just got an asc Spino Saddle bp

17 minutes ago, Smart86 said:

My frog does fine in the cave only has 1.7k hp but has 540 dmg. was a 120 tame from back in the 4.0 Difficulty Era. Just got an asc Spino Saddle bp

Nice. The wolves are from 4.0 difficulty as well, still beasts. I might have to go find me a 150 frog and see what happens. What level saddle do you have for it?

8 hours ago, VicRattlehed said:

Nice. The wolves are from 4.0 difficulty as well, still beasts. I might have to go find me a 150 frog and see what happens. What level saddle do you have for it?

The frog only has a Journeyman saddle with like 60 Armour and to be honest its mainly the torpor of the frog that i watch out for, not the health. Always good to bring stim berries along or just collect them from the corpse bags from everything you kill.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

I was just wondering, I'm planning to use a sabers to run the cave but I'm afraid they don't hit high enough for the bugs. Is it a problem?

Ive never tried using a saber, I used to use a frog with 2.2k hp and 500 dmg. That was until last week, when I raised a bear in there. Can clear it pretty easily, and hits the bugs fine. If you're using a saber, I suggest you pump lots of hp, and maybe stand on the various rocks inside the cave to hit the bugs, walking the the cave walls as much as you can also helps. Will need a good saddle too. The bugs do alot of dmg to my bear, even with a 113 Armour saddle. Eventually it becomes easier because you're able to one-shot them, and they can't touch you.

Just now, Smart86 said:

Ive never tried using a saber, I used to use a frog with 2.2k hp and 500 dmg. That was until last week, when I raised a bear in there. Can clear it pretty easily, and hits the bugs fine. If you're using a saber, I suggest you pump lots of hp, and maybe stand on the various rocks inside the cave to hit the bugs, walking the the cave walls as much as you can also helps. Will need a good saddle too.

Thanks will do! I've been breeding the sabers so the ones I have are pretty buffed even without the rider bonus.

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

sabers

there is a tree in there that sabers still get glitched on, at least as of about 2 months or so ago. 

once you have made it to the first larger room there is a path to the left, and the right. the right path takes you to the "mushroom room" (loot crate room). the left takes you to another larger room where there is a bigger path straight ahead, and another smaller path to the left--this smaller path will ascend and turn back to the right. this is where the "bad tree" is. if you are solo, hug the left wall and you will be okay, if more than one go single file through there staying to the left. 

there is also the option to take the bigger path and then turn left to get to the same spot, without needing to go past the tree.

just a lil fyi, wouldnt want you to lose a good cat in there.

4 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

there is a tree in there that sabers still get glitched on, at least as of about 2 months or so ago. 

once you have made it to the first larger room there is a path to the left, and the right. the right path takes you to the "mushroom room" (loot crate room). the left takes you to another larger room where there is a bigger path straight ahead, and another smaller path to the left--this smaller path will ascend and turn back to the right. this is where the "bad tree" is. if you are solo, hug the left wall and you will be okay, if more than one go single file through there staying to the left. 

there is also the option to take the bigger path and then turn left to get to the same spot, without needing to go past the tree.

just a lil fyi, wouldnt want you to lose a good cat in there.

Wow awsome, that is very good information. I wiill head there tonight!

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Sardonyx said:

90% of the time the loot is junk.

it is kind of a "troll" cave as far as loot the majority of time. however, after repeated runs we have gotten 2 Mc rex saddles and an Asc & Mc fishing rod out of there. worth mentioning is the awesome xp and chitin (and if on a frog, lots of cement paste).

we have also gotten more pig saddles (not the new pig) than i care to count :D

i ran the cave religuously last week. In my runs i got to lvl 94. i have gotten asc flak gloves bp, i got asc rex bp, asc argy bp, 2 asc rod bps, 1 asc rod, 1 mc rod bp and 1 mc rod. 1 jm rod, 1 apprentice rod, mc scorp bp, mc stone hatchet bpx2, 1 jm stone pick bp, and countless other asc jm and mc bps and drops. 

Archived