New dossier on dec. 26th

DomiDarko

Maybe they forgot to put it here or I couldn't find it. Anyways, here's what I found on Twitter:

New ARK Dossier drop coming on Monday -- it will be an unexpected and surprising Dossier. Can you guess it?!!

Source: https://twitter.com/arkjeremy?lang=de

What do you think it could be? I still have faith, that the Gorgonopsid will make it, after it has been confirmed, according to BlackFish's "Survivors Wildlife Appendix-Thread". :) I hope it won't be the Lamprey, cause this wouldn't really be unexpected for me or other people who have seen DevKit-videos of it... :-D

21 minutes ago, Shrekasaurus said:

I'm hoping it's the Gorgo, but I'm guessing it may be another mythological creature. Maybe it could even be another large theropod, that would be unexpected!

As for mythological creatures I forgot that there's a Phoenix in the DevKit. And if they ever want to insert another large theropod I'd vote for Carcharodontosaurus!

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

I just did to see. It basically appears to be an oversized (another video I watched said as much) synapsid equivalent to the Sabertooth. What role are you imagining it would have?

The Gorgonopsid, equivalent to an oversized Sabertooth? This picture tells me otherwise.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/primeval/images/8/84/Gorgonops.jpg

29 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

The Gorgonopsid, equivalent to an oversized Sabertooth? This picture tells me otherwise.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/primeval/images/8/84/Gorgonops.jpg

I meant functionally

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgonops
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgonopsia

I'm not opposed to the Gorgonopsid, but I'm opposed to the idea of adding a dino whose functionality is already taken by the Saber/Wolf/Thylacoleo

8 hours ago, Sorrelon said:

If they'll add a mythological creature, I hope its gonna be a gryphon. But, if not, I hope they'll add a new flyer that can be a good alternative to ptera.

Hydra. 3 heads, each one attacks with a different kind of breath attack, Fire, Poison and Lightning. Ark's first land based creature with a breath attack. Maybe allow it to swim decently (no breath attack underwater, only bite attack), if it's the serpentine kind of Hydra (no legs, slithers along on a big, muscular tail).

13 hours ago, Dastorn said:

Hopefully something like a bloodhound that can sniff out specific dinos it has smelled once before, and also to be used to sniff out corpses. Because getting the devs to add a corpse tracker by any other way seems like a false hope. -_-

That...is not a bad idea at all actually... Devs! Make it happen!

Did I do it right? Is that how you get content in game?

But seriously - a creature that assists you in the hunt by tracking a specific type of creature or leading you to your corpse... Sounds like something the Troodon should be able to do...

I would really like to see this happen...

As for dossiers, I really don't see the appeal of a sabertooth Lystro on steroids BUT to each their own. Here's me...waiting for the dev team to rethink not requiring a saddle for direwolves...

1 minute ago, thebroomster said:

It would be nice if we had the option to put a saddle on some of the dinos without a saddle

I love wolves. Favourite non-dinosaur animals on the planet. So when Direwolves came out I HAD to get one. But I really think it should have a saddle. Animals such as the mammoth shouldn't need a saddle - you don't necessarily need one to ride a modern day elephant. But a horse-sized wolf running at full speed? Something tells me you're either going to be pulling his hair too hard and he'll bite you, or it'd be the most uncomfortable ride you've ever experienced... In reality anyway.

Gameplay wise, it's the armour value I'm after. They can certainly dish it out, but if I let my wolf get too beat up he's out of commission for days (game time) while he heals up vs if I did the same thing with a Saber... And I really wanted to see a Tek-saddle for the Direwolf... =P

1 minute ago, Jostabeere said:

So the Sabertooth gets completely irrelevant?

Some people are cat people, some people are dog people...

I know what you're saying though, but I don't think a saddle on a wolf is going to make the Saber irrelevant. If anything, I wish the Saber was noticeably faster than the wolf. Wishes and hopes, right before Xmas. LOL.

1 minute ago, Cailean556 said:

Some people are cat people, some people are dog people...

I know what you're saying though, but I don't think a saddle on a wolf is going to make the Saber irrelevant. If anything, I wish the Saber was noticeably faster than the wolf. Wishes and hopes, right before Xmas. LOL.

It's not about Cat or Dog people. It's about the Wolf having better stats besides a slightly lower Torpor and slightly lower weight. It is a tiny bit slower as the Saber, but Saber also always has 20 kg more weight on it.

If Saber gets a buff then the Wofl can get a saddle. But for now a Wolf with a saddle makes the Saber useless. And I don't care about the Cat or Dog point, just straight objectivity.

19 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

But for now a Wolf with a saddle makes the Saber useless. And I don't care about the Cat or Dog point, just straight objectivity.

Same here. I'd like to see some better HP in the Sabers, if Wolves get a saddle. I'm not sure, but I think the wolves have a faster attack than Sabers and their kibble is waaay easier to get (Wolves = Carno egg ; Sabers = Bronto egg)!

Archived