Swords

BlackSkurge

I actually want to see the different style swords that were used before firearms appear in prim +. there were scabbards, rapiers, long swords, short swords, greatswords like the Scottish claymore or german zweihander, and others, there were also halberts and other such polearms that are differert then main game, which to offset, I would also like to see the other primitive armors like chain mail, towershields and buckles appear, and if need be they can either set new weapons to being made solely through grindstone with iron and steel offsets, depending on stats, or a blacksmithing station.

Who is with me?

1 hour ago, BlackSkurge said:

Guess not many people are interested in this. Thought it would be a good idea and would bring more variation to the mix.

Eh, it's fairly well known that equipment for Prim+ needs to be gone over. Armor also needs to be gone over with hopefully a re-balance to need leather instead of hide for prim+. Leather isn't really used in much at all, and it would be perfect to rebalance armor to use leather over hide. The tools such as the skinning knife or machete, which are supposed to excel at harvesting certain items, aren't anywhere near as good as just a normal pick and hatchet especially once you get higher tiered ones. New weapons would be cool, sure, but they also need to fill a role/excel at something while having other drawbacks compared to the other weapons.

6 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Eh, it's fairly well known that equipment for Prim+ needs to be gone over. Armor also needs to be gone over with hopefully a re-balance to need leather instead of hide for prim+. Leather isn't really used in much at all, and it would be perfect to rebalance armor to use leather over hide. The tools such as the skinning knife or machete, which are supposed to excel at harvesting certain items, aren't anywhere near as good as just a normal pick and hatchet especially once you get higher tiered ones. New weapons would be cool, sure, but they also need to fill a role/excel at something while having other drawbacks compared to the other weapons.

I agree they need to come up with more uses for leather, maybe even the ability to make "clothes" instead of taking away the hide armor.

59 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Hide is an armor type and leather is a stronger version of that which should be implemented.a sling is another type of ranged weapon much like the slingshot, but closer resembling and functioning like the Bola, which can be crafted using leather and fiber and when released grip, like you would to throw the bola ,would throw a rock harder then the slingshot either inducibg higher torpor damage. the differences between swords, spears, and axes are base damage plus being more or less effective at getting meat, fat, keratin/chitin, and hide I would assume axes would get more keratin and chitin, while spears excel in meat, swords can be used for flaying hide, the machete excels at fats as I learned early on

Rebalancing is always needed when adding or removing items and as for small swords like broad, long, short, scabbard, and scimitars they should generally be the same just with a cosmetic difference great swords and axes would have to gather the same and have slightly different strengths and durability then each other maybe add daggers which would fall suit to the machete that is about all I can think of at present moment

Claymores and face paint,sounds like my idea of a night out!Let's do dis.I was just thinking to myself yesterday and as a few dudes in a raft came charging off it at my beach brandishing their spears,how awesome it would be if they went dark ages with a server,raider style.Biggest dinos(flyers too) removed,brick etc removed and a bunch of new weapons and building styles from 500ad up to,idk...the tenth century was added in...bleh,been wtaching vfikings too much.

Archived