Beaver dam farm?

Philbot

I once dropped a wild beaver at snow area and that single beaver created dams all over that hill. LOL I Always thought it required 3 beavers in a certain area but apperently there would be certain options you have for creating a beaver dam farm I suppose lol Infact, you've inspired me. Might just block off that hill and trow every beaver in there that I find, see what it does lol

we actually made a beaver farm once.. The trick is to make it in a place where beavers can normally spawn otherwise they will despawn.

We made one in the stonehenge like place southside of the island. We blocked off the exits around the water and started dropping in beavers, like 10 or 12 or something.

Every day when we logged on we checked it and there would be 9-12 dams. just drop the beavers in a nearby pen temporarily and collect :D

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

My understanding is that beavers give cementing paste...is that correct?  If yes, my advice is get a snail.  We have one snail, which was easy to tame.  We literally have cementing paste coming out of our ears.  The only down side is that snails only eat sweet veggie cake, so you must have access to tree sap and honey.  Tree sap is pretty easy.  Honey is more of a challenge.

On 2/9/2017 at 4:28 AM, DSAltairPVP said:

Picking wild beavers up and dropping them into a "taming pen" will not work ?

Yes, in an area where they spawn naturally it will work.  In other areas they tend to despawn fairly quickly so you'd need to replenish the population on a regular basis.

Tamed beavers on wander were able to create dams when first introduced (I and others did videos on how it was done) but that ability was removed.  However they do still gather wood while on wander, which can be helpful in an appropriately large pen/area, if you'd like that process to occur while you do other things.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:40 PM, Ranger1 said:

Yes, in an area where they spawn naturally it will work.  In other areas they tend to despawn fairly quickly so you'd need to replenish the population on a regular basis.

Tamed beavers on wander were able to create dams when first introduced (I and others did videos on how it was done) but that ability was removed.  However they do still gather wood while on wander, which can be helpful in an appropriately large pen/area, if you'd like that process to occur while you do other things.

o-o thats cool. i didnt know that they generated wood. Good to know

Archived