So much negativity.....

Guys would you calm down with this hatred towards these PG arks. Honestly they are working as intended. 25 min load times and crashes? Thats what happens when you run an xbox that uses low grade hardware and the code is "experimental". Don't feel bad for us PC people that use the DEV kit and run into crashes in game, while it works fine in the editor. Kinda has that Bethesda cross platform experience to me......

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:22 AM, Redkiller said:

Guys would you calm down with this hatred towards these PG arks. Honestly they are working as intended. 25 min load times and crashes? Thats what happens when you run an xbox that uses low grade hardware and the code is "experimental". Don't feel bad for us PC people that use the DEV kit and run into crashes in game, while it works fine in the editor. Kinda has that Bethesda cross platform experience to me......

people are less mad about the pg suckin and more about them removing extinction with the island as alot of people enjoyed and still want to play it.

• 2 weeks later...

Every map I've created in single player has ended up crashing and once it crashes that's it.........it is no longer playable, all your in game work gone !

I hate that !

I have a very high end computer and internet speed so the time it takes to create maps is only a few minutes.......maybe about 5 .......which I don't mind.

Also, why are there no rivers on PGM's ?

But the game crashing on PGM's is a deal breaker..........I've stopped playing them till the dev's figure out how to make them reliable.

I've been wanting procedurally generated Ark's since I began playing just over a year ago. But aside from testing it once on release I haven't touched it since. It isn't because I'm dissapointed with the product, I just don't have time to be a tester. Because that's all it is at this stage. An early stage, tech demo for testing and tweaking.

We should be glad they released it at such an early stage, because those who do have time to be testers can offer critical feedback at an early stage which will lead to the end product being tailored made to what the player base actually wants rather than what a couple of devs think we want.

Also, potentially critical bugs can be discovered and weeded out at a very early stage, preventing them from becoming long lingering issues of the kind we have a few of in vanilla Ark at the moment.

Is it bad currently? Yes. But that's just the nature of an early release alpha. It's going to become better, as long as people keep devoting time and contructive feedback to it.

That unfortunately isn't me, life is too busy. But I do hugely appreciate the work put in by those of you who not only test these, but report constructive feedback to wildcard. It's something we're all going to benefit tremendously from in the future when this *is* a solid product that could ensure Ark has replayability for years and years to come.

Archived