Any Alphas out there that are decent?

Erathra

I've been playing this game for about 2 months now.  Didn't have an Xbox 1 when this game first was out.  I love the game.  It's the most fun I've had playing a console game in quite some time.  I also hate this game and a am about ready to throw in the towel.  Every server I have tried is good for about a week or so and then all hell breaks loose.  How do you compete with alphas that have a bunch of Wyvern's and wipe you as soon as you start to build?  Granted I understand that I have been playing on PVP servers and expect to be attacked.  I just don't understand what these alphas get out of wiping a newb like me.  Got a two person tribe and we are just looking to kick back and tame a couple dinos and build them a pen.  Maybe have a little PVP fun with a comparable tribe.  Are there any alphas out there that let people play?  Do they want to own their own servers that no one else plays on?  I don't get it. 

I find that Primitive and Primitive Plus servers are a bit less PvP crazed. Players there enjoy some PvP but also want to do some building/crafting/taming without getting blown up by rocket launchers. Perhaps give it a try. 

Granted, you just gotta find a server that fits what you're looking for. Not every Alpha tribe is about obliterating every other tribe. 

2 hours ago, Erathra said:

I've been playing this game for about 2 months now.  Didn't have an Xbox 1 when this game first was out.  I love the game.  It's the most fun I've had playing a console game in quite some time.  I also hate this game and a am about ready to throw in the towel.  Every server I have tried is good for about a week or so and then all hell breaks loose.  How do you compete with alphas that have a bunch of Wyvern's and wipe you as soon as you start to build?  Granted I understand that I have been playing on PVP servers and expect to be attacked.  I just don't understand what these alphas get out of wiping a newb like me.  Got a two person tribe and we are just looking to kick back and tame a couple dinos and build them a pen.  Maybe have a little PVP fun with a comparable tribe.  Are there any alphas out there that let people play?  Do they want to own their own servers that no one else plays on?  I don't get it. 

I don't like to openly advertise server numbers because it invites trolls. I sent you a PM of a server you should check out

On 12/20/2016 at 11:37 AM, Vaskur said:

Exactly. been though some of those.. never had a opressive Alpha on primitive servers. 

To be fair, the hardest oppression I've ever found was on a Primitive server with a Chinese alpha. We painted the roof of our base with a HUGE American flag, which got us constant special attention from them. For weeks we couldn't tame a dino without it getting killed within a day.

6 hours ago, darkfelt said:

To be fair, the hardest oppression I've ever found was on a Primitive server with a Chinese alpha. We painted the roof of our base with a HUGE American flag, which got us constant special attention from them. For weeks we couldn't tame a dino without it getting killed within a day.

that´s the worst thing about primitive... chinese have put some special attention on them... almost no SE server not dominated by Chinese.

17 hours ago, Manta said:

There are no "friendly" PvP servers. If you think this is true you are being mislead. Alpha's cannot protect themselves anymore let alone say their server is peaceful.

Depends on how you define 'friendly'. On our server, PvP and raiding is expected. But if you're griefing without the possibility of improving your position, such as picking on newbies or just killing tames for no reason, you can expect to be wiped from the server. The strong tribes are fairly benevolent, often giving dinos and tools to players starting out. It's an official PvP P+ server. I suspect it's about as friendly as an official PvP server gets.

2 minutes ago, darkfelt said:

Depends on how you define 'friendly'. On our server, PvP and raiding is expected. But if you're griefing without the possibility of improving your position, such as picking on newbies or just killing tames for no reason, you can expect to be wiped from the server. The strong tribes are fairly benevolent, often giving dinos and tools to players starting out. It's an official PvP P+ server. I suspect it's about as friendly as an official PvP server gets.

Disagree and agree, some are cool, but I haven't been on a "friendly" PvP server in a year, and we don't play like tools and try to help defend the map from grievers.

Doesn't seem to matter anymore, the landscape has changed drastically in the past few months.

5 hours ago, Manta said:

Disagree and agree, some are cool, but I haven't been on a "friendly" PvP server in a year, and we don't play like tools and try to help defend the map from grievers.

Doesn't seem to matter anymore, the landscape has changed drastically in the past few months.

I am on a peaceful server, our server doesn't get attacked, if interested let me know

17 minutes ago, BlindSumo4 said:

I am on a peaceful server, our server doesn't get attacked, if interested let me know

Thx for the invite PM inbound.  But I am not leaving the ones I am on just yet. heh I am going to give them all a little payback now, commando style.

You can't get rid of me that easy. I'll just hide in the sticks and shadows as a one man griever now killing everything I can. No base, no dinos, just a tiny lone wolf run amok.

Ah I feel your pain man. I have over a thousand hours of PvP official servers, so I understand the grind of server hoping only to be wiped early :)

I was negligent before to join a unofficial before, but once my friend bought ARK and we couldn't have a similiar experience as when I started (these last patches with server transfer have resulted in super aggressive alphas) I migrated to a unofficial.

I currently play in a community called Champion Ark. If you are interested check it out! They have a great website with added functions such as tribe management and stat tracking that add elements to the experience. There define rules of PvP (pick on someone your own size :) + no attacking of PvE/building tribes) along with a very active admin!

We were even featured on one of Fresonis videos!

If you are interested in joining, come visit our server or send me a PM/add me on steam, i'd be more than happy to help :)  

Archived