Two-Player Local Split-Screen!

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.ARK_SplitScreen_1.jpg.64b08586fc46

Hello Survivors!

We are excited to announce that in the near-future, ARK: Survival Evolved will support Local Two-Player Split-Screen for both Xbox One and PC versions of the game!

We know this has been a highly requested feature from players of both console and PC as it has often come up in Digests and other places where we interact with you and we're excited to allow you guys to unravel the mysteries of the ARK side by side with your friends and families!

large.ARK_SplitScreen_2.jpg.e3e2402bda52

View full article

@Jat According to these two articles, the split-screen functionality will be limited to Xbox One.  Which is correct?  I really really hope to see this for PC as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ark-survival-evolved-xbox-one-getting-two-player-l/1100-6433137/

http://www.gamezone.com/news/ark-survival-evolved-getting-local-split-screen-on-xbox-one-3431142

• Administrator

Yeah splitscreen is for PC and Xbox One. That was a little mistake in the Gamespot article ;)

And yes it will work with mouse-keyboard too -- one player can use the mouse/keyboard in one of the screens, the other player can use gamepad. So you can use splitscreen with just one gamepad if you want! (or two gamepads, etc)

1 hour ago, GR1FEK1NG said:

Im so excited about Ark coming on xbone!!! Whooaahh!! Anyways haha if splitscreen went on the pc how would that work since its keyboard? im confused :P

Possibly, one player would need to use an X-Box controller for the PC. If ever implement for PC, there is also the capability for gaming computers using high end graphic card to run dual monitors. Of course, the game would have to capable of supporting a dual monitor setup as opposed to the split screen. 1080P display should also have the option of being split vertically.

Currently, one can use the Host/Local and set up two or more computers connected via the network for a multiplayer party.

Is it possible to display the second screen on my second monitor?

Though, I keep wondering what high end pc do you expect to have to even get near that option without significant frame drops. If players are near each other, sure, you mostly have to change the camera, but what happens when they are in other parts of the map? 

6 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

Possibly, one player would need to use an X-Box controller for the PC. If ever implement for PC, there is also the capability for gaming computers using high end graphic card to run dual monitors. Of course, the game would have to capable of supporting a dual monitor setup as opposed to the split screen. 1080P display should also have the option of being split vertically.

Currently, one can use the Host/Local and set up two or more computers connected via the network for a multiplayer party.

Ahh ok cool that sounds sick as! ill probably try it out on pc as well as xbox xD anyways thanks for help :) love this game and its community.

Ahhh! I'm so excited for this, I'll finally have reason to hook my computer up to the TV instead of my tiny monitor! Question though, would I be able to use two controllers at once with PC? How would that work, I've never tried to use my Xbox 360 controllers with my PC, so I don't know how it would work. 

Edited by Lacking Rhythm

3 hours ago, Lacking Rhythm said:

Ahhh! I'm so excited for this, I'll finally have reason to hook my computer up to the TV instead of my tiny monitor! Question though, would I be able to use two controllers at once with PC? How would that work, I've never tried to use my Xbox 360 controllers with my PC, so I don't know how it would work. 

Microsoft makes an X-Box controller for the PC. It plugs into the USB port. Several of the newer PC games will recognize and support it.

For two controllers, the game and the PC would have to be able to handle each controller as two separate input devices. I don't know if two controllers can be used at this time.

Don't use your 360 controller. It's internal electronics will not be compatible with the PC even if it has a USB connector.

All the flat screens have a standard RGB port for PC. All the newer dedicated graphic cards have a HDMI out with sound. The high end ones have more then one HDMI port. You will need an adapter if one of those ports is a modified HDMI. You will have an outstanding experience on a big, 40inch + 1080P TV.

Edited by rpicardi1

1 hour ago, rpicardi1 said:

Microsoft makes an X-Box controller for the PC. It plugs into the USB port. Several of the newer PC games will recognize and support it.

For two controllers, the game and the PC would have to be able to handle each controller as two separate input devices. I don't know if two controllers can be used at this time.

Don't use your 360 controller. It's internal electronics will not be compatible with the PC even if it has a USB connector.

All the flat screens have a standard RGB port for PC. All the newer dedicated graphic cards have a HDMI out with sound. The high end ones have more then one HDMI port. You will need an adapter if one of those ports is a modified HDMI. You will have an outstanding experience on a big, 40inch + 1080P TV.

Thanks! HDMI works with both my TV and PC, I will invest in getting two of those controllers just in case two will work. I can't wait :)